Devils intro

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
I know the main tune is Nickleback but i can't make out what the song is as they skate on to ice through devils mouth. I've tried and tried game after game to listen to it but after a whole season still can't figure it out, any ideas?

JC23

I know the main tune is Nickleback but i can't make out what the song is as they skate on to ice through devils mouth. I've tried and tried game after game to listen to it but after a whole season still can't figure it out, any ideas?
I can’t tbink off the top of my head, but, @Paul Sullivan may be able to help...

A-G

'Burn it to the ground' is the one you're looking for :)

Or 'Hell Yeah' by Rev Theory is the other one I think they actually skate on too.

Hi having not been to a game this season thinking its the same intro then its a compilation of theses songs starts with I think the start of Michael buble s cry me a river the into the tv show theme from the contender followed by nickelback burn it to the ground and then in to rev theory s hell yeah I do have a copy of it all not the greatest quality at a loud setting but still good

Kevlar68

Thread starter #7
Hi having not been to a game this season thinking its the same intro then its a compilation of theses songs starts with I think the start of Michael buble s cry me a river the into the tv show theme from the contender followed by nickelback burn it to the ground and then in to rev theory s hell yeah I do have a copy of it all not the greatest quality at a loud setting but still good
Really helpful, many thanks. As for Michael Buble..........HELL NO! :D

Paul Sullivan

Full list:

Michael Buble - Cry me a river intro
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Two tribes (air raid siren)
Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil (second siren) into a Custom bass guitar beat mimicking the one that follows the siren at the start of the same Van Halen track.
The FGTH and VH tracks were added back last year as a nod to the WNIR intro as it was our 30th season.
Nickelback - Burn it to the ground (this is a loop I made of the riff for clapping purposes, it's not as per the original).
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah

That's the lot.

Previous versions have indeed used Hans Zimmer's 'Contender' theme (pretty much the whole Gerad Adams era) but also Steve Jablonsky's 'Autobots reunite'. I did use Jablonsky's 'Scorponok' for a while but it seemed only Aled would have been able to drum along to it :)

Kevlar68

Thread starter #11
Full list:

Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil (second siren) into a Custom bass guitar beat mimicking the one that follows the siren at the start of the same Van Halen track.
The FGTH and VH tracks were added back last year as a nod to the WNIR intro as it was our 30th season.
Nickelback - Burn it to the ground (this is a loop I made of the riff for clapping purposes, it's not as per the original).
Rev Theory - Hell Yeah

That's the lot.

Previous versions have indeed used Hans Zimmer's 'Contender' theme (pretty much the whole Gerad Adams era) but also Steve Jablonsky's 'Autobots reunite'. I did use Jablonsky's 'Scorponok' for a while but it seemed only Aled would have been able to drum along to it :)
Its all good. Just from a musical opinion of my own choice, Michael Buble is my nightmare LOL
Carl Orff - O' Fortuna - Carmina Burana first 23 seconds, now thats an opening, but i do like our intro even though the Bubble is in it ;)

Leighton

Full list:

Rev Theory - Hell Yeah

That's the lot.

did you put this together yourself?

BostonBart22

Paul puts all the videos together, and a great job he does.
Yes cant fault pauls work on the videos/intros, best this season was the one when devils played blaze at home when lord was laying into noble, priceless, I know a few fans disliked sundays intro but no complaints from me, keep up the good work paul, best in league..

Kevlar68

Thread starter #18
Much, much more technical now than at the WNIR. It was lights down, i'd hit the intro music, welcome them on to the ice like i was Michael Buffer and then wait half an hour for lights to get bright again :D

Kevlar68

Thread starter #20
Yes there are, quite literally, a few more moving parts these days. WNIR wasn't without its charm or theatre though, that's for sure.
Whenever i was stood up in the old announcer box (best seat in the house) and the big orchestral music kicked in after sirens the hairs would stand up on my arms but the new intro does the same for me now. Excellent.