Devils v Giants - Sun 4 Mar 2018 - Challege Cup Final - FO 6pm - Chat/Udates

Earnie

I have just been down the Bay on a dummy run to check out the parking.
To summarise: consider it normal. Morrisons clear, swimming pool park clear, lane to Yacht Club clear. Obviously wet and slushy.
That car abandoned in middle of road by swimming pool still there but can pass either side. The police were looking at it

Bazza

I have just been down the Bay on a dummy run to check out the parking.
To summarise: consider it normal. Morrisons clear, swimming pool park clear, lane to Yacht Club clear. Obviously wet and slushy.
That car abandoned in middle of road by swimming pool still there but can pass either side. The police were looking at it
It's being towed away. Nice Merc. Somebody must have noticed they forgot to take it home?!

It will be very busy later. Car parks are 'OK' but not 100% clear/usable.

Gospel

Well what can you say. Devils great 1st period but so many guys were annonymous thereafter. Poor positional play, too many easy giveaways but for me Giants wanted the game more than us. They were dirty when need, very very gritty & Devils never stepped up & showed a greater desire to win.

Why we never used Batch & Faryna enough & when Bowns was run yet again not one person stepped up until Benti did at the end of the period.

Martinelli, Rutherford, Towe & Saviano were outstanding for the Giants.

Devils were simply not good enough on the day & Giants were much better.

E.D.S.

Out coached and complacent. Simple as that. The best team won comfortably.
What do you mean by being out coached?

I thought the Giants were fully deserving of the trophy. It was a cup final and they showed up and wanted it more. Our big names were nullified. Disappointing but you’ve got to give Giants Credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matbur

Best team won, hands down. Too many of our players failed to make their mark on the game and we faded after a good first period.

Will rarely name names but where was Joey Martin tonight? Big game, big occasion, need your big name players to step up in these one-off games and as talented as he is, our 1C was off the mark tonight. Poor night all round.

Slartibartfast

Congratulations Giants. Well deserved win. Keefe wasnt joking when he said they needed to be more like the Devils. That relentless forecheck is what usually wins the Devils their game but tonight Belfast did it better.
Lets stay positive though and look forward to the league trophy.

We won the first period but Giants wanted the next two more than us
Better team won on the night - they outplayed us in the 2nd, and by the 3rd our heads had dropped
Credit to the Devils fans - especially those around us - who sang their hearts out right up to final whistle and even got the red army chant going

Gaz G

What do you mean by being out coached?

I thought the Giants were fully deserving of the trophy. It was a cup final and they showed up and wanted it more. Our big names were nullified. Disappointing but you’ve got to give Giants Credit.

You've answered your own question there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Well what can you say. Devils great 1st period but so many guys were annonymous thereafter. Poor positional play, too many easy giveaways but for me Giants wanted the game more than us. They were dirty when need, very very gritty & Devils never stepped up & showed a greater desire to win.

Why we never used Batch & Faryna enough & when Bowns was run yet again not one person stepped up until Benti did at the end of the period.

Martinelli, Rutherford, Towe & Saviano were outstanding for the Giants.

Devils were simply not good enough on the day & Giants were much better.
Sums the night up really