POSTPONED - Devils v Storm - Fri 2 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

I hope it's cancelled, I think the fixture is giving Storm a licence to come into IAW and really knock the Devils about. With the CC Final on Sunday I doubt Devils players would want to risk injury or suspension . Finner knows that and is ruthless enough to send his team out to smash the Devils about. Who could blame him?

ASHIPP

It will be a great shame if the game goes ahead to a very small crowd. Bad weather is still forecast down here tomorrow.

Even if it stops snowing there will be many fans who have bought tickets but it will simply be too risky travelling to and from the game....or will have problems actually getting out of where they live/ availability of public transport services. And that applies as much to city areas as it does to more remote areas.

I know sometimes there's a feeling that the TV weather teams tend to exaggerate but they are deadly serious tonight.

Last edited:

Earnie

My feeling is that the Manchester game will proceed even though the attendance will be affected seriously. Could be wrong of course.........

matbur

I don't expect it to go ahead, would be seriously surprised if it did. It would go against every warning from authorities and police advice. I would expect them to announce a postponement by mid-morning and give it another 24 hours before making a decision with the EIHL on Sunday's game.

Finny

Tomorrow’s game must be in serious doubt. The forecast is for it containing snowing overnight and all day tomorrow, so it’s going be tough to keep roads clear.
A48 is apparently closed at Llanedyrn and M4 J32 at a standstill. And these are roads they will be focusing on!

At the moment the wind is helping by where I live as it’s blowing the snow away before it settles. What it like elsewhere?

Sunday is more achievable though. Snow is supposed to subside for most of Saturday and very little forecast for Sunday. Main roads will start to clear by themselves and with Belfast flying in there shouldn’t be an issue unless the forecast changes dramatically.

I really can’t see how they can go ahead with tonight’s game. I know the owners are over. But this weather is not easing up. Just a look at the M4,A470,A4232 on traffic cameras and they are covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pope#42

Devils website has announced that this game has now been cancelled - really do think that this is the right call.

Re-scheduled for Wednesday 21st March.

Pondlife

The right decision in my humble opinion. Snow wasn't as bad as forecast I think but some roads will be no go and there's zero public transport.

Devil94

Feel for the owners when they land and find out the news.
Sunday should be ok from a South Wales point of view, but the weather we've had moves towards northern Ireland today and tomorrow. Belfast airports might be closed.

ASHIPP

It was the right thing to do. Frustrating for both clubs and their fans but safety is absolutely paramount.

The scenes on local tv this morning showing cars abandoned on a virtually deserted A470 show how bad it is only a few miles away. Another period of bad weather forecast for this afternoon and evening.

BostonBart22

seems like wednesday 7th could be cup final date if it is postponed sunday, especially as storm game is 21st..strange call that as 3 home games in 5 days...

Ger-Devils

Feel for the owners when they land and find out the news.
Sunday should be ok from a South Wales point of view, but the weather we've had moves towards northern Ireland today and tomorrow. Belfast airports might be closed.
The snow has stopped here. We’re about 30 minutes from both Belfast airports and they’re clear.

No more snow forecast. We’re due to fly 6:30am from Dublin tomorrow. They’ve closed the airport but their ground staff are clearing the snow throughout the day and night to operate full schedule tomorrow. Belfast international are operating more flights today which is a good sign.

Bristol airport area not due anymore after 6 today and Cardiff according to met office saying it’s stopping and rain tomorrow. Means clean up can happen and main roads back to normal.

Devil94

The snow has stopped here. We’re about 30 minutes from both Belfast airports and they’re clear.

No more snow forecast. We’re due to fly 6:30am from Dublin tomorrow. They’ve closed the airport but their ground staff are clearing the snow throughout the day and night to operate full schedule tomorrow. Belfast international are operating more flights today which is a good sign.

Bristol airport area not due anymore after 6 today and Cardiff according to met office saying it’s stopping and rain tomorrow. Means clean up can happen and main roads back to normal.
Do you know what flight the team is on?