How important are we

A-G

The atmosphere generated at the challenge cup semi final can be put down to us the fans almost feeling that it' a step to far, nothing to lose, then one goal goes in then the next it builds up.

Spot on! Whilst the atmosphere there was the best I've seen at a Devils game everyone just got carried along with the wave of anticipation at that game when they realised the impossible was on.
Against the Giants I never felt like we were not going to win that game. So, as a fan I was more passive in watching a professional job on the ice.

SteveKing

I totally understand the dynamics of the fan reaction. Here in Calgary, the Stanley Cup run that the Flames had in 2004 came after 7 straight years of being out of the playoffs. The fan noise in the arena for those games and the buzz through the whole city will never be replicated. It's ironic that the more consistent a team's success, the tougher it is to get as excited as a fan even though you love being on top.

So the answer is obvious. We're going to recruit an absolutely terrible team next year so that we can feel the unexpected joy and passion again the year after!!!

pjj365

It's not just the noise

I collect clapbanners because I am not a noisy supporter but when things get tense I mangle them

I understand the importance of vocal support but not everyone supports in the same way.

Gaz G

I'm not trying to be amusing.

Some people on here do need a sense of humour transplant though. Earlier on in the season when we lost a few games a number of regular posters were saying that we should sack certain players as they were not good enough or as Lordo referenced the other week, in the case of Jake Morissette who was past it 4 years ago. Lordo has to be playing etc etc etc. Now the same group of players with Lord on the bench are winning and it's a complete u turn.

ASHIPP

The Devils have demonstrated time again in the last 4 years that when it really, really matters they raise their game. Likewise, when it really, really matters the fans will raise theirs.

Have no doubt the atmosphere in the CC Final will be as intense as last year. It would be awesome for every game to be like that but it won't be. No fault of team or fans....some opponents just don't generate that kind of fan reaction, and some games will be flat because of the style of play.

Earnie

I totally agree with ASHIPP. It is a hard one to explain properly. I am not a loud person under any circumstances. Save my breath for breathing!

drainage

I'm not trying to be amusing.

Some people on here do need a sense of humour transplant though. Earlier on in the season when we lost a few games a number of regular posters were saying that we should sack certain players as they were not good enough or as Lordo referenced the other week, in the case of Jake Morissette who was past it 4 years ago. Lordo has to be playing etc etc etc. Now the same group of players with Lord on the bench are winning and it's a complete u turn.
You said you were being tongue in cheek ? Hence are you trying to be amusing

And for the record you will not find one post from me berating players not the way I use social media at worst I have been disappointed by some games and said so .......oh and my sense of humour is alive well and working fine !

Kevlar68

HANDBAG ALERT! HANDBAG ALERT!:p
(To reassure people, this is a joke. Gaz G and Drainage do not carry handbags)

Last edited:

voth26

I think Lordo is bang out of order asking the fans to cheer the boys on. How can the fans do that when the club only offer the season ticket holders a fiver back for games they can't get to!!!!
Really!! What has the club giving £5 back to ST holders got to do with Lordo asking us fan to get the team going??. The club did the £5 buy back last season so it's not a new thing, some clubs including football clubs don't give anything back if you can't make a game!! If you buy a ticket as a non ST and can't go you don't get a refund, if you buy cinema tickets and can't go for what ever reason you don't get a refund. Clearly I don't understand your sense of humour

Last edited:

Gaz G

Clearly not.

My point, obviously to subtly was that some people aren't happy unless they are moaning. I think £5 back for a ticket is a great gesture yet some people not happy.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #34
So we have gone from how important are we to the team, to what do you think of £5 back if you don’t make it, untrue.