Storm v Devils - Sat 24 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

The DEVILS pursuit of the league title continues in Manchester
in a building that reminds us of that Blue Tent

The Storm do offer a webcast service you can also rely on the dependable MNL as we will be running the "ridiculously childish" and "disgustingly biased" Match Night Live service for this game, all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com and we are happy to list all, well the printable ones anyway.

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Thread starter #6
Its a mystery to me as well, thankfully Rachael made the trip. Having to scrape around for texters is no joy but this is my last season on MNL.

After 10 seasons its time to retire

We outshot them 42-20. Manchester Storm were not very impressive. How they are 2nd in the league surprises me. if you don't score goals, you don't win games.!!!!!!!

voth26

Tonight's done, on to tomorrow and the giants in a packed IAW. Let's bring it Devils you know the Red Army is 100% behind you

ASHIPP

Devils have not played the Storm for months - a very different team to the one they beat that time.

Manchester have got the most prolific first two scoring lines in the league. Wouldn't say they were 'unimpressive'. They did enough to win the most important game of the league schedule so far....with less than half of the SOG of the opposition.

Disappointing but let's hope our team are firing on all cylinders tomorrow night....and make those SOG really count.

pjj365

Hate to be a Thommo but the small ice did not help.

A couple of times saw players going for the puck both going diagonally to the boards. Both interrupted by the boards - puck bounced into play, players did not. Hilarious if it was not us

As has been said though I too had written tonight off. Bring on tomorrow

Slartibartfast

I also thought the small ice gave us a problem. It reminded me of the problems other teams had when they came to the BBT. Some of our passes were off. We went offside more times than I can count and we just didn't have the room to do our creative stuff. Storm do have two good lines with a couple of prolific scorers but I think it would have been a very different game in our barn or a bigger ice surface.

rolf

We know he is What did he do . Sounds like we didn't get going
massive vertical slash to Pope's right arm/shoulder at 60 min whistle, even though he had the points.....ref saw it cancelled end of game handshakes.............gotta be reviewed/cited?

kettdevil1

massive vertical slash to Pope's right arm/shoulder at 60 min whistle, even though he had the points.....ref saw it cancelled end of game handshakes.............gotta be reviewed/cited?
Nothing so far and as the Storm are playing tonight, time is running out.

kettdevil1

I also thought the small ice gave us a problem. It reminded me of the problems other teams had when they came to the BBT. Some of our passes were off. We went offside more times than I can count and we just didn't have the room to do our creative stuff. Storm do have two good lines with a couple of prolific scorers but I think it would have been a very different game in our barn or a bigger ice surface.
Although last time they played at IAW they won 6-1..... I like the Storm, tough, no-nonsense team who deserve to be at the sharp end of the table. Could be dangerous to play come playoff time

Hedd Wyn John

Devils have not played the Storm for months - a very different team to the one they beat that time.

Manchester have got the most prolific first two scoring lines in the league. Wouldn't say they were 'unimpressive'. They did enough to win the most important game of the league schedule so far....with less than half of the SOG of the opposition.

Disappointing but let's hope our team are firing on all cylinders tomorrow night....and make those SOG really count.
I agree it’s not about quantity of play it’s quality and Storm had most of the quality chances & more importantly they took them.