Giants lose again

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Belfast lost at home again tonight, 4-5 against MKL in reg time, it’s the Storm we have to watch now. Come on you beauties.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #3
Think they just got a bit cocky, Keefe is ripping his hair out, if they all played like him they would be one awesome team.

ASHIPP

Some suprising results this weekend. Clan with only 13 skaters played 3 games/3 nights pushed Panthers into OT tonight.Panthers demolished Devils last night and you have to wonder how that happened.

Giants have had setbacks but anything can happen in the remaining games this season.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Keefes interview last night....he stated that this weekend belfast has handed the devils the title...duuuuuuuh...think it was our double header over there that gave us one hand on trophy

ASHIPP

Giants haven't handed the Devils anything at all. Still a few weeks of hockey and anything could happen. There are one or two teams who could make a real challenge if they keep winning.

Devils' job is to keep winning, taking one game at a time. Also must take points from the games against those closest rivals and several huge games are coming up. These are the games that will sort out the title race.

I don't understand y people seem to think it's still not won..
Mathematically it's not no. But come on it's 99.9%%% ours..

We only need to win 2/3 games IMO

Edinburgh home is 1 game maybe mk lightning as we'll. I'm pretty sure we will one more after.
That's if we need to.

E.D.S.

Way too much hockey left to play and if the last few weeks have taught us anything it’s that no game is a certainty.
Focus on executing Lordo’s game plan each time and we’ll be grand.
Don’t get me wrong, we are in an awesome position but there’s a lot left to play for.
Teams will be gearing up for the playoffs and that’ll have a bearing on the league games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

I don't understand y people seem to think it's still not won..
Mathematically it's not no. But come on it's 99.9%%% ours..

We only need to win 2/3 games IMO

Edinburgh home is 1 game maybe mk lightning as we'll. I'm pretty sure we will one more after.
That's if we need to.
It ain’t over til it’s over. Anything can happen in hockey. Devils are odds on to win the league but it’s not a done deal.

Ocko

I think it's over. No need to be coy about it, if we were Belfast and they were us we'd be giving up saying there's no chance.

11 points ahead of Belfast with 11 games left (a game in hand on them) and 7 games of those at home. Don't just think of us dropping a game or two it would mean Manchester and Belfast winning out, and Belfast have zero form and have all but given up.

Manchester are the only threat and that's a real outside chance.

If we don't stroll to the title now it would be the biggest collapse ever seen in this country.

Kevlar68

So many factors can change a season even though only 11 games left to play. Fatigue, illness, injuries, luck of opposition. You have to take each game as it comes, play it, hopefully win it, then just look to next game after that. No point in looking 5 games ahead thinking " we can win the league on that game", you got 4 games before it you need to win first. Lets just support fully with our hearts and voices one game at a time and i'm sure victory can be the Devils again.

Foxy

Im surprised at Keefe.... he would never have given up as a player. To say its over as a coach is hardly a way of motivating the team towards a winning mentality again.

Its certainly not over. Next 3 games i think are crucial and nothing is certain

Hedd Wyn John

Im surprised at Keefe.... he would never have given up as a player. To say its over as a coach is hardly a way of motivating the team towards a winning mentality again.

Its certainly not over. Next 3 games i think are crucial and nothing is certain
Makes me think Belfast are concentrating on the CC final.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #16
Losing games isn’t the ideal way to go into a cup final, you want to be on a roll and Keefe would have been trying to keep winning. Look at his face the man is gutted, his players have let their club down badly, Keefe is a winner, I think a few of his players have got a bit cocky, he is certainly not a happy bunny. Someone will feel the backlash for sure.

Finny

Keele is simply trying to take the pressure off his team.

When they were playing away games they were excelling.
Now they’re back at home, with games they’re expected to win which would push them above us, but they’ve bottled it.

Kevlar68

Manchester are the only threat and that's a real outside chance.

If we don't stroll to the title now it would be the biggest collapse ever seen in this country.
Don't forget Fife, if they were to get to 46 games same as Manchester without losing They'd be on 66 points. I would say they are the ones to keep an eye on.