Mayhem Monday ....

youngbob

Are people aware that a monthly payment system is in place to purchase ST's.
No BIG lump sum payment from the individual. Club gets the capital at start of season from Finance company.
Works for me. Club gets cash injection, I get ST and a seat every home game. If I cant go (only missed 1 game so far) either sell back to club, sell on to/give for free to family member or mate.
Oh and biggest plus..........Ticket in my seat for CC final.
Pay ours over the full 12 months, so club has 5 months payments before the season starts - over £300
Been following Devils since 1993, but due to work travel, and our son's away travel with the juniors, only had ST since retiring

Can't say I was ever concerned that STH had any unfair advantage, maybe the length of time that STH seats are held could be reduced, but putting all on general sale at the same time would probably be even worse than Monday appears to have been

Same as at POFW, you can argue that Nottingham and Panthers have too many seats allocated, but allowing their STH to buy first, in their own blocks only,makes the same logistical sense

All 4 of the Calgary owners will be in Cardiff to enjoy the challenge cup weekend. We are so proud of our players for their hard work. We are also hugely grateful for our support from the fans both home and away.
We strive to improve every year both on and off the ice. I see from these posts there is room for improvement on the special event ticketing front. We will discuss this in our meetings in early March.
Thank you so much for support of our club. Without the Red Army there are no trophies.

drainage

Ahh, the good old argument about ST holders. You pay your money up front , you get the seat you want for every game and you dont have to worry about trying to get a seat when games sellout quickly.

Who do you think keeps the team going during the season ?? The walk ups thats who !!

I have had ST's in the past and i have also had seasons where i pay as i go and in both these circumstances i have never ever thought '' Boy i deserve special treatment''. Also, i know ST holders who wait to see if the Devils get there before buying Playoff tickets, should their tickets be held for them ?? of course not.

For 7 yrs i travelled 2 hrs each way for a home game, so factoring in ST's/Petrol/wear and tear on my car/getting home at stupid o clock on a Monday morning , i paid out a lot more than the average fan. I know most of the money didnt go to the team but it is still my money that was spent on supporting the Devils.

Basically , the point i am trying to make is that for me, a ST holder is no more worthy of a fan who pays on the door. To the club maybe but not when there are 11 other sets of fans involved.
I work away from Cardiff most weeks mid week games are a mare for me ....I chose to go ST even if less than economically viable (and no have never re sold my ST) The club have to find a demarcation line so far it’s ST holders who account for roughly half the rink , it may change into future

voth26

after supporting the Devils for 22/23 yrs this is my first year as a ST holder, MY choice due to being fed up of trying to buy 4 tickets together sometimes 2/3 weeks in advance of games. the cost of 4 ST'S £1100 by direct debit. the perk for me no hassle getting a seat every week equals no stress lol. CC group games included had to pay for final ticket. Despite some fans attitude towards ST holders I don't think of myself as above any other DEVILS fan who don't have a ST. Regarding final tickets there will always be fans irrespective of how many games they have been to that unfortunately will not get a ticket, happens in other sports or a concert for say someone like Stereophonics etc. How about this for a different perspective regarding final tickets instead of blaming ST holders for getting one first, I wonder how many "newbies" who have been to say a handful of games had a ticket BEFORE many of regular non ST ticket fans?? just a thought

youngbob

There are also non-STHs who couldn't be more passionate about this club

@Ger-Devils put in a huge amount of effort to help get people tickets and transport for the Belfast double header a couple of weeks ago

I hope he's got his voice back from leading the chanting!

And no, he doesn't attend every home game

Devil94

All 4 of the Calgary owners will be in Cardiff to enjoy the challenge cup weekend. We are so proud of our players for their hard work. We are also hugely grateful for our support from the fans both home and away.
We strive to improve every year both on and off the ice. I see from these posts there is room for improvement on the special event ticketing front. We will discuss this in our meetings in early March.
Thank you so much for support of our club. Without the Red Army there are no trophies.
That’s great news. Hopefully you will all be here in time for the Friday night game also?

Kevlar68

New to forum but not new to the Devils.
After reading through this thread i thought i would post my first reply.
Watched them in the beginning, worked with them through the first Superleague championship winning season and even chose and booked Paul Heavey's families holiday for them LOL.
Now when back in the UK during the winter i have been attending the games whenever i can.
I believe the STH system is the correct way a club should run Cup Final tickets and almost any team in any sport do exactly the same.
I, like many others sat with my finger on the refresh button from 11.55am when they went on general sale at midday. Many times i got 3 seats together only to be thrown out of site, seats gone or exceeded number of seats available but i kept on and on. In the end i got 2 seats in block 18 together for my partner and son and 1 seat for myself in block 2. Never did it ever enter my mind that STH shouldn't have priority, of course they should, its ridiculous to say otherwise.
After season tickets holders have got their tickets its then a first click, first served. Nothing wrong in that at all and i'm more than happy with my tickets, i'm there, i'm watching my team in the finals and don't care that the seats are split.

Fantastic response from Mr Parker...so we have things to learn...we all want to continue to improve...we move onwards togther! Aren't these just great times to be a Devils fan!

Wannabe2

New to forum but not new to the Devils.
After reading through this thread i thought i would post my first reply.
Watched them in the beginning, worked with them through the first Superleague championship winning season and even chose and booked Paul Heavey's families holiday for them LOL.
Now when back in the UK during the winter i have been attending the games whenever i can.
I believe the STH system is the correct way a club should run Cup Final tickets and almost any team in any sport do exactly the same.
I, like many others sat with my finger on the refresh button from 11.55am when they went on general sale at midday. Many times i got 3 seats together only to be thrown out of site, seats gone or exceeded number of seats available but i kept on and on. In the end i got 2 seats in block 18 together for my partner and son and 1 seat for myself in block 2. Never did it ever enter my mind that STH shouldn't have priority, of course they should, its ridiculous to say otherwise.
After season tickets holders have got their tickets its then a first click, first served. Nothing wrong in that at all and i'm more than happy with my tickets, i'm there, i'm watching my team in the finals and don't care that the seats are split.
Great to see and hear from you again mate, so glad you got tickets, great guy who has always loved our club.

Kevlar68

Thanks Wannabe2, Its nice to see the Devils as i left them..............Winning! Didn't get down to the temporary ice pad but been to most home games when tickets have been available. Great nights at the WNIR are back again at the IAW.

Wannabe2

Thanks Wannabe2, Its nice to see the Devils as i left them..............Winning! Didn't get down to the temporary ice pad but been to most home games when tickets have been available. Great nights at the WNIR are back again at the IAW.
3 seats available for Sunday if you want to buy them dude

Very interesting thread with lots of varying opinions.
I myself am not a S/T holder and have never been so.
Started following The Devils from season 1 and still going strong, I remember Bill Taylor, Bleddyn Davies, Glenn Haley, Paul Morganti etc etc.
I've worked shift work for more years than I care to remember which stops me investing in a S/T but believe people who commit to them should have priority with tickets etc.
I'm once again working so will miss the CC final but wish all Devils fans who are attending a great game and a win for the Devil's.