Is it time to call time out on the Caps

Temme

This has been going on for years, I remember the Caps turning up at the BBT for a Wednesday game, and having to use local lads to get to the minimum number of players. So nothing new.
This happened LAST SEASON with Manchester Storm.

They travelled down to play us & Adam Harding's brother, Rhys, was asked to play for them on a 1 game contract.

Earnie

No, I do not think it is time to call time out on the Capitaals.
What they need is a miracle like ours, and for new owners to jump out of the historic woodwork.
Wonderful city with great ice hockey history.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #23
Earnie that’s what everyone wants to see, but what if it don’t materialise, should they continue another season being the door mat to others, and dragging the league down. Most people have a soft spot for Edinburgh me included, but this sad saga can’t go on.

I'd be telling them to meet with all the other GM's at the playoffs with a business plan for next season.Let them decide not Neil if it was viable. Might sound harsh but this hasn't happened overnight,it's been going on for years. I've only watched Devils for 10 seasons and their story is pretty much the same every season.Promising players signed and then players leaving in their droves throughout the season.As some have said Edinburgh is a great city to live so I can only think the problem lies with the club. I had a rescue dog for 16 years who became unwell my reluctance to take him to the vet to be put down resulted in him suffering for weeks more than he should have. I realise that now but couldn't see it at the time.This for me is like Neil and the Caps, he's trying and thinks he's doing his best for them but he clearly isn't.

d20

Why dont they bite the bullet and get out to all schools and clubs which is obviously not happening,give out a load of free tickets for a few weeks say 1,000- 1,500 get some people in then maybe just maybe some of those new families with kids may enjoy it and want to come back ,cant hamr as the ydont get any fans there now so fill it full of freebies and see what can happen,its going to be the only way they get the fans back in there as it is at present.
As much as people want them to stay because of past times it is not helping the leauge and in all honesty I hate the games we play against them as they arent competitive.

Ocko

A few of my mates who play for my military teams as well as Sutton Sting in the NIHL were asked to play for the Caps in Sheffield yesterday. A very sad state.

But, haven't Edinburgh always struggled for crowds, even in their heyday? I'm pretty sure they were propped up by huge sponsors in Smirnoff and whilst a powerhouse on the ice it never really took off in the stands

I hope they are able to resolve their issues but to do that they need a really good business plan and show enough potential to attract the additional funding to improve the team and better crowds ! We were fortunate enough to have that potential and look how our forunes changed ,
In some ways this is a very similar situation to the argument about needing a London based team to help raise the profile of ice hockey in the UK .They start a London based team up , it ends up not getting the support , losing money and has to release their better players and eventually folds due to lack of interest with nobody having any affiliation to a new team losing every week and becoming being finically unsustainable.

Foxy

I always get the feeling that Scott Neil wants to remain the owner but wants no responsibily in building the franchise. He strikes me as being front of the line for hand outs and is prepared for all other clubs to bail him out. Its been going on too many years now.

I dont want to see the Caps go under but Scott Neil has got to see he is doing nothing for the club.

JC23

This happened LAST SEASON with Manchester Storm.

They travelled down to play us & Adam Harding's brother, Rhys, was asked to play for them on a 1 game contract.
So was Sam Bryant of Cardiff Fire for two games down here, and Jordan Powell of Cardiff Fire for one game also.

Hedd Wyn John

Now firstly I don’t ever want to see any team struggle, and certainly don’t want to see any team drop out of the league, and therefore deny their fans of watching their team. We are only too familiar with that scenario in Cardiff, but tonight the caps turned up with 15 players, 2 netminders and 13 skaters to play Sheffield. Now think about this scenario, Devils and Belfast are joint top of the league, or 1 point separate them, with 1 game left, Devils play Steelers in their last game, Giants play Caps in their last game with their 13 skaters, we lose Giants win, and therefore win the league.
Would that be a professional way to decide the league champions. What’s your views guys, I know what mine is.
Are the Caps breaching league rules? If yes & its blatant and persistent breaches then I’d say it’s time to call time on them.

Wagstaff

We are struggling with injuries too and have turned up in Braehead with 13 skaters which includes Brits that take a regular slot on our roster that probably wouldn’t make any team sheet in the top half of the league which is one less skater than Caps tonight who turned over the Giants (the opposite of your scenario)...... are we next on the not good enough list?

august04

One (or two!) freak results doesn’t change anything. Year after year, they run out of money, implode and bring the league into disrepute - this should not be allowed to continue next season unless there are big changes in that organisation.