Panthers v Devils - Sat 17 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Devil94

And can't get my head around the Belfast result tonight, especially with all the games and travel Edinburgh have done this week. Must be so infuriating for Belfast seeing us slip up tonight but then they get that result at home.

Love the caps tonight, but hopefully they're all burnt out tomorrow.

Legin

Played Points Possible
1 Cardiff 44 69 93
2 Fife 40 54 86
3 Manchester 45 61 83
4 Belfast 45 60 82
5 Sheffield 43 55 81
6 Nottingham 41 49 79
7 Guilford 44 52 76
8 Braehead 45 42 64
9 Dundee 43 37 63
10 Coventry 45 38 60
11 Milton Keynes 45 33 55
12 Edinburgh 44 11 35

Devil94

Fife can get 86 points so at the moment the magic number is 87
Good point.

Although mathematically then they are our biggest threat, i would say realistically points on the board matters more this season at this time of the year.

For us to need to win more than 7 games, that requires Fife to win 15 games on the bounce, which I don't think they'll do. Fife have to play Sheffield, Manchester and Belfast all twice, so hopefully the points will be shared between them.

Last edited:

Wagstaff

I can’t see that you will drop more points than any of the teams that can threaten you for the title, I’d say you have one hand on the trophy and the other isn’t far off grasping it too.....
It is yours to lose really and I can’t see that happening!

Ger-Devils

The result in Belfast was crazy! Giants out shot caps 46:18... more PP time but didn’t take chances at all. Flat game which suited the caps. No edge with the giants but that third was very tough to watch. Sending updates back and just hoping caps held on!

wildthing74

Don't know why we do this so often in Nottingham and it feels like we've done it for years and years? Frustrating night we just weren't at the races and whilst we have dominated them in Cardiff we just don't get a grip on Panthers in Nottingham.

Three defeats there this year and I would say they have not been particularly explosive in any of them we just keep making silly mistakes and they punish us time after time.

Crazy Panthers have such poor form yet are the only team to beat us in the league in regulation since late November and they've done it twice since then.

Lucky with the Giants result and there is no shame losing to a strong team which they are on paper I just would love to see us go there and get into them but give Bowns the protection he deserves as too often he's left hung out to dry.

We are still a good team though that being said so no panic.Its all in our hands just need to worry about ourselves and let things take care of themselves without the need for favours.One game at a time.

BostonBart22

Just remember fans .every time we have a heavy defeat we bounce back with a convincing win ...up next caps...then steelers ...perhaps we will have 2 convincing wins let' do this.

Hedd Wyn John

Just remember fans .every time we have a heavy defeat we bounce back with a convincing win ...up next caps...then steelers ...perhaps we will have 2 convincing wins let' do this.
I’m sure the team will perform tonight , the Caps will have their tails up but I think we have the quality to get a result.

osh

Fair play to Panthers. They seem to have our number at their place and let’s not forget how dejected they looked only a week ago after losing to us 7 - 3. As has been said many time before, any team can beat other teams on given nights - as proven by Capitals win over Giants last night - and make no mistake, Panthers were worthy winners last night.
We shouldn’t really be looking over our shoulders for other teams to do us favours and last nights result will serve as a harsh reminder to our guys to move on from here and get the job done without relying on other results to go our way. No disrespect to Capitals, but I am expecting a win tonight with much improved performances from many of our players who were below par last night.