Challenge cup final

Mazzoak

I understand the sentiment but the the need to record on-line sales plus the need to take names from walk ups then interfacing the two sets of data sounds easy but for about 1500 people a week it is probably not. I suspect it is also not that easy when it comes to ticket applications and the need to match recorded attendance numbers against applications. Manually it would be seriously prone to error and labour intensive but computer systems don't come cheap

If there such an existing system then it could be looked at. My guess is that such systems exist for major soccer clubs, maybe NFL or NHL , but I suspect we do not have the numbers and thus revenues to afford this.

It would be good though
They just need to implement a loyalty card scheme such as http://www.loyaltypro.co.uk/products/

Mazzoak

But why - assuming the final is in IAW next year but Devils don't make it the whole issue goes away and passes to other clubs. We surely would not expect ticketing rights over the participant clubs
I’m assuming that the IAW under Todd would want it for as long as possible, it’s the largest event at the IAW to date, the revenue alone is attractive for all. The scheme does not end with the moving of the final. Offering incentives to customers should be on Todd’s bucket list well before customer numbers begin falling.

pjj365

I agree the Devils will want it for as long as possible. Not sure though how much of the profit goes to us or IAW given we need to bid for this - suggesting EIHL pay and thus take the profits

My point is what loyalty system do we/IAW offer when/if we are not in the final

This is not about the Devils but the EIHL cup final where ticket allocation is only becoming complicated as we got through to the final and the Devils are attempting to be fair to their fans

Devil_Abroad

Very disappointing to read that you have to be there in person - not helpful to those of us that live 170 miles away! Guess I wish someone else would bid for the final from next year on. Webcast it is then again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pope#42

I must say, having just read the updated article from the Devils, that I’m disappointed by the statement that those queuing tomorrow could purchase ten tickets each! Given that it’s a well sought after game and the fact that there are very few tickets left, I would have hoped that it would have been a fairer system. Will there be a ticketing system in the cafe, or a free for all? I suspect another day of mayhem with a lot of unhappy people.

Diafol

Ten tickets per person tomorrow ?
And people say that the STH allocation was unfair !

That's ridiculous IMO.

Mind you, that could be a nice little earner...

I wonder if I can get the morning off work :p

ASHIPP

Up to 10 tickets per person? If, by any chance the first 25 people in the queue all buying multiple tickets, I feel sorry for the person who is no. 26 and beyond.
No doubt it's going to be frustrating for a lot of people.

Surely the fairest way to ensure a better chance for fans buying tickets is to set a common sense maximum ticket limit per person? That is usually what happens at events with a huge demand.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

Up to 10 tickets per person? If, by any chance the first 25 people in the queue all buying multiple tickets, I feel sorry for the person who is no. 26 and beyond.

Surely the best way to ensure a better chance for fans buying tickets is to set a fair maximum limit per person? This is usually what happens at events with a huge demand.
Likelihood of promoting ticket touts and of course alienate long time supporters like myself, wife and friend who travel thousands of miles to support the club both home and away.

Guess the club may becoming more of a business the more successful it becomes.......

A-G

Anyone selling tickets at anything above the face value on here should be banned and then shopped to the Devils/Police imo. I had a spare and sold it to a genuine fan at face value as its the right thing to do rather than try and make an extra £10-20.

The tickets normally say that tickets holders may have to produce the payment card at entry, maybe that should be introduced if any suspicion.

osh

Just got back from the arena after purchasing 2 tickets for the final.
Everything was well organised and orderly queues formed from 8.00am within the building, so no one was stood out in the cold until much later on when more people started to turn up. Todd Kelman came out at around 9.30 to check al9 g the line how many tickets were purchasing. To be fair, most people were buying 2 or 4 tickets only, didn’t hear or see anyone purchasing 10. Todd went outside to see how many were still queueing and give them an idea of how many tickets would still be available. Shame for those living great distances away and to be honest, if I had know someone who lived far away wanted 2 tickets, I would have gladly purchased them on their behalf.

Devil_Abroad

Just got back from the arena after purchasing 2 tickets for the final.
Everything was well organised and orderly queues formed from 8.00am within the building, so no one was stood out in the cold until much later on when more people started to turn up. Todd Kelman came out at around 9.30 to check al9 g the line how many tickets were purchasing. To be fair, most people were buying 2 or 4 tickets only, didn’t hear or see anyone purchasing 10. Todd went outside to see how many were still queueing and give them an idea of how many tickets would still be available. Shame for those living great distances away and to be honest, if I had know someone who lived far away wanted 2 tickets, I would have gladly purchased them on their behalf.
Top man, sorry I didn’t ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Club tweeted in last hour that there are 30 seats left which can be bought over the phone.
I saw that, unfortunately single seats. If we could have phoned this morning or gone through system then would have worked out for us. Hey ho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBart22

Very disappointing to read that you have to be there in person - not helpful to those of us that live 170 miles away! Guess I wish someone else would bid for the final from next year on. Webcast it is then again.

We all know you live so far away judging by previous posts..and as you watch a lot of game through webcast ..is it worth asking ice ime tv if they can come up with a package for you and others in a way of a season tkt for the webcast..just a thought