Mayhem Monday ....

Sheincar

You get overall cheaper tickets throughout the season that’s a pretty good benefit . Plenty of season ticket holders haven’t bothered with the cup games due to the extra cost (piles of empty seats in the usual areas) but you betcha they’ll be at the final. So for people like me who have been to every game it’s a big shame to end up with a shambles like yesterday on the ticketing system, I’m not against benefits for ST holders, heck if the club said tickets go online a bit earlier for ST holders or something like that I’d say hey that’s not unreasonable. But at least give us non-st holdersfighting chance to get tickets. Turns out there was only 500 tickets in sale yesterday and ST holders have until Thursday to book theirs.

If you ST holders had seen what we had to go through yesterday I think you’d have some sympathy.
There was no extra cost to CC tickets as included in ST for group games.

Finny

Here’s a lesson: how about either

A) season ticket holders shouldn’t get preference
Or
B) season ticket holders get a max of 1day to buy their tickets & following day they go on general sale.
Or C, give season ticket holders 5 mins to buy them and put them on general sale.

Sorry, but your argument is deeply flawed. If you give STHs just one day to purchase tickets it would be chaos. How many STHs do we have? How long to deal with each one? I’m too tired to do the maths.

Spreading the time for season ticket holders simply makes it easier to manage.

And giving season ticket holders priority is 100% the right thing to do. It doesn’t matter one bit that it’s not a home game.
As a Cardiff City season ticket holder I get priority for all games. Whether it be a cup game at home, an away game or a cup final. Season ticket holders pay out before the season starts, without that money we wouldn’t be able to buy flights, equipment I.e. start the season.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you think STHs don’t deserve priority then not only are you selfish but also wrong.

Imp

Out of curiosity:
  • Would you go to the cup final at IAW if Devils weren’t playing?
  • Would you still give priority to Devils STH (assuming one or both finalists couldn’t sell out their half of the stadium - which barring Steelers Vs Panthers seems likely)?
I’d happily sign up for both the CC Final and POFW before the season even begins, regardless of where they take place, and with it then just a huge bonus if Devils are playing. I get the impression that’s not a widely held view. Perhaps the showpiece events are a bit less of an event if you are more local to the arena?

BostonBart22

Or C, give season ticket holders 5 mins to buy them and put them on general sale.

Sorry, but your argument is deeply flawed. If you give STHs just one day to purchase tickets it would be chaos. How many STHs do we have? How long to deal with each one? I’m too tired to do the maths.

And giving season ticket holders priority is 100% the right thing to do. It doesn’t matter one bit that it’s not a home game.
As a Cardiff City season ticket holder I get priority for all games. Whether it be a cup game at home, an away game or a cup final. Season ticket holders pay out before the season starts, without that money we wouldn’t be able to buy flights, equipment I.e. start the season.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you think STHs don’t deserve priority then not only are you selfish but also wrong.
Totally agree with this post, why should season tkt holders prob around 1200 be asked to buy tkts in one day be utter chaos, i went to iaw yesterday bought 4 tkts no one in front of me no one behind me. PERFECT and as to other benefits for us STH there is none.. I remember at the wnir if you produced your season tkt in the cafe you would get a discount same applied to the shop as well buying devils gear.

Hedd Wyn John

I have expressed my opinion in a polite & courteous manner & it’s totally fine that you disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but please don’t insult me just for expressing mine. There’s little point continuing this discussion so I’ll leave it at agreeing to disagree.

Earnie

STH are the backbone. They provide the money up front prior to the new season starting. Seen it all before. The team is No.1 and doing well and loads of people are wishing they had bought ST now and begrudge the benefits associated with being a STHolder.
Would I go to the Final in Cardiff if Devils were not there. Not sure really , probably not.
Obviously room for discussion.

Wannabe2

People need to remember that for a number of years, when the team was pretty crap under pretty crap management, if it hadn’t had been for season ticket holders, there wouldn’t be a club to support today. I was one of 100 people who paid 2 yrs season ticket money £500 a lot of money in those days, upfront to raise 50k to keep this club alive, hence you see fans wearing a 100 club hockey shirt. So when people have a dig at people who put their hard earned money into the club they love, they need to think again, as there’s a lot of history, and goodwill with these folk. So whether you have been a STH for years, or for 1 season, your Money upfront means a hell of a lot to our club, and long may you continue.

Hedd Wyn John

I’m not having a dig at anyone, I’ve made a point about ticket priority and that is it. People disagree and that’s fine but I’d rather personal insults be kept out of it.

E.D.S.

People need to remember that for a number of years, when the team was pretty crap under pretty crap management, if it hadn’t had been for season ticket holders, there wouldn’t be a club to support today. I was one of 100 people who paid 2 yrs season ticket money £500 a lot of money in those days, upfront to raise 50k to keep this club alive, hence you see fans wearing a 100 club hockey shirt. So when people have a dig at people who put their hard earned money into the club they love, they need to think again, as there’s a lot of history, and goodwill with these folk. So whether you have been a STH for years, or for 1 season, your Money upfront means a hell of a lot to our club, and long may you continue.
Agree don’t forget those equipment and player sponsors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Hark who’s being selfish?!

As a Devils fan since 1992 you’re expecting me to fork out for a season ticket for the privilege of being offered a cup final or play off final ticket before those who are not season ticket holders? How fair is that? Each game ticket would cost me about £100 as I can only see a handful of home games a season when visiting family.

Where’s the logic or fairness in that?

As it stands I’m losing out on seeing the CC final this year because the 200 spare tickets being sold tomorrow have to be purchased at the IAW!

Sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

Totally agree with this post, why should season tkt holders prob around 1200 be asked to buy tkts in one day be utter chaos, i went to iaw yesterday bought 4 tkts no one in front of me no one behind me. PERFECT and as to other benefits for us STH there is none.. I remember at the wnir if you produced your season tkt in the cafe you would get a discount same applied to the shop as well buying devils gear.
So cheaper tickets isn’t a benefit now? Really?

Devil_Abroad

STH are the backbone. They provide the money up front prior to the new season starting. Seen it all before. The team is No.1 and doing well and loads of people are wishing they had bought ST now and begrudge the benefits associated with being a STHolder.
Would I go to the Final in Cardiff if Devils were not there. Not sure really , probably not.
Obviously room for discussion.
STH are not the backbone. True as a business the club wants to ensure they have a steady income to cover the whole season hence give incentives to STH by reducing the price of each ticket.

Before all those that are crowing about being STH and seem like the saviour of the club there are very good reasons why some can’t be STH - can’t commit to spending all that money up front because financially they’re not in a position to do so - they live so far away they can;t see every home game so it makes no sense in buying a ST.

Some people on here have a knack of making others feel like outsiders or even worse just plain and simple second class citizens.

We’re all happy for you being STH, just don’t throw it back in our faces because we can’t be.

Devil_Abroad

And here’s another dig at those who can’t be STH. Please remember it swings the other way i.e. it wasn’t only STH money that kept the club alive

Man what is it with everyone on here - bring back the 3rd class carriages for us please why don’t you.

Devil_Abroad

I’m not having a dig at anyone, I’ve made a point about ticket priority and that is it. People disagree and that’s fine but I’d rather personal insults be kept out of it.
Think you’re on a loser here whatever you say I’m afraid. We’ll just have to give them more space to puff out their cheeks........

The point of giving preference to season ticket holders first, is because they have committed to paying for every game. Whereas, many turn up fans cherry pick games, as is their right.
Does anyone really believe that someone who has attended a few times for important games, should get an equal chance of getting a cup final ticket as someone who has paid for (and possibly attended) every game.
I'm not criticising anyone who is not a season ticket holder, as I'm in that category.
I certainly believe that anyone who pays for every game should have a priority over me.
I say that as a fan, from the Devils first ever game. I used to have a 5 hour round trip for home games.
Regarding the amount of time given to season tickets, before they go on general sale. It's more down to logistics, as others have mentioned.
I don't really understand the point of the OP, as it's such a simple concept.
We really don't need to be divisive when we're supporting such an incredible team.
Good luck to all of us who want to get a ticket, but some of us (including myself, as I'm at least 2 hours away from the arena tomorrow) will be unlucky.

ASHIPP

I have been a STH for many years, supporting the team since the late 1980's, but this season and a few odd seasons in the past I haven't been able to because of other commitments and/or working away.

STH get prioriety in circumstances like this and certainly should do. No arguement with that. Some people may not be happy about it but it's generally accepted as this is normal practice for many other sports.

I think most people trying to get tickets who are not STH are angry and frustrated because of the way Monday's general sale release turned into a very stressful event. We were dealing with a slow, overloaded booking system that could not cope with the massive demand. It was not updating in realtime and could not therefore show accurate availability of tickets, many people probably felt they wasted time and opportunity persuing seats that were already sold. Even tomorrow's ticket release excludes many people - those who are working or don't live near enough will not be able to attend IAW to have an opportunity to purchase tickets. So, yes, people are going to think it's unfair.

Those STH who pay in full, upfront every year are the most financially viable fans for the Club, providing a large lump sum before the Summer. But many STH choose the direct debit route, spreading the cost over many months through the year. Technically it is not providing all payments 'upfront' though. Regular non-STH invest in a similar way buying tickets most weeks- except without the direct debit.

The point I'm making is that there are many,many fans who cannot be STH for a variety of legitimate reasons. But have spent, and still do spend a lot and support the team as often as they can. It shouldn't make them any less important or less valuable. But that seems to be the opinion of a few on here. Some of us may not have had enough money at the time to be members of the 100 Club but still turned up for the team at every game when the attendances on occassions were down to 500 people over the last 3 decades.

Last edited:

Gough60

Are people aware that a monthly payment system is in place to purchase ST's.
No BIG lump sum payment from the individual. Club gets the capital at start of season from Finance company.
Works for me. Club gets cash injection, I get ST and a seat every home game. If I cant go (only missed 1 game so far) either sell back to club, sell on to/give for free to family member or mate.
Oh and biggest plus..........Ticket in my seat for CC final.

Finny

Hark who’s being selfish?!

As a Devils fan since 1992 you’re expecting me to fork out for a season ticket for the privilege of being offered a cup final or play off final ticket before those who are not season ticket holders? How fair is that? Each game ticket would cost me about £100 as I can only see a handful of home games a season when visiting family.
Where’s the logic or fairness in that?
As it stands I’m losing out on seeing the CC final this year because the 200 spare tickets being sold tomorrow have to be purchased at the IAW!
Sheesh
Are you suggesting I'm the one being selfish? I'm not a season ticket holder so that accusation would be wrong as the situation doesn't benefit me.

I'm struggling to understand your argument though. You openly admit you only get to around 5 games a season - yet you seem to think you should get a higher priority ahead of others who have been to more games because they live nearer than you?
Am I missing something?
I understand that living far away means you don't get to go to as many games as you would like.......but that's not really the club's fault is it?

The only option the club had was to give priority to STHs and then give everyone else an equal opportunity to purchase tickets online. Which was then met with lots of complaints because it couldn't handle the demand. So they decide to only sell the last couple of hundred in person....which is again criticised.

In an ideal world the club would have a membership scheme along the lines of this:
Membership costs £20 a season.
When home tickets go on sale, they go on sale to members first (e.g. 3 days) before the go on general release)
Away tickets are initially sold via the Devils. First to STHs and then to Members before going on general sale. And for the last couple of days they go back to the host club but outside the membership scheme.

So when we have a big game or a cup final those who have seen the most games get priority. But even then there are a couple of problems with this:
-Cost. Introducing such a scheme would require additional software - the cost of which would ultimately be passed onto the price of tickets.
-League support: The Devils would need all the teams in the EIHL to support them with this by sending them a number of tickets in advance. Which again would probably cost them more and would require them to pass on the cost to fans again.
-Need: How many times would this system actually become useful? If the CC Final isn't in IAW or doesn't include us - when else?
Someone else mentioned a league clinching or deciding game - but again that might not happen.
I'd like to see such a system to be used for the Playoff Final tickets. But at the moment the league refuse to allow clubs to sell the tickets themselves. if they did, then such a system would be useful each season - but at the moment I'm not sure it is.

By the time you've paid for your membership and paid and extra £1-£2 for each home or away ticket you could be looking at the scheme costing you £50. Is it really worth it?

Devil_Abroad

Are you suggesting I'm the one being selfish? I'm not a season ticket holder so that accusation would be wrong as the situation doesn't benefit me.

I'm struggling to understand your argument though. You openly admit you only get to around 5 games a season - yet you seem to think you should get a higher priority ahead of others who have been to more games because they live nearer than you?
Am I missing something?
I understand that living far away means you don't get to go to as many games as you would like.......but that's not really the club's fault is it?

The only option the club had was to give priority to STHs and then give everyone else an equal opportunity to purchase tickets online. Which was then met with lots of complaints because it couldn't handle the demand. So they decide to only sell the last couple of hundred in person....which is again criticised.

In an ideal world the club would have a membership scheme along the lines of this:
Membership costs £20 a season.
When home tickets go on sale, they go on sale to members first (e.g. 3 days) before the go on general release)
Away tickets are initially sold via the Devils. First to STHs and then to Members before going on general sale. And for the last couple of days they go back to the host club but outside the membership scheme.

So when we have a big game or a cup final those who have seen the most games get priority. But even then there are a couple of problems with this:
-Cost. Introducing such a scheme would require additional software - the cost of which would ultimately be passed onto the price of tickets.
-League support: The Devils would need all the teams in the EIHL to support them with this by sending them a number of tickets in advance. Which again would probably cost them more and would require them to pass on the cost to fans again.
-Need: How many times would this system actually become useful? If the CC Final isn't in IAW or doesn't include us - when else?
Someone else mentioned a league clinching or deciding game - but again that might not happen.
I'd like to see such a system to be used for the Playoff Final tickets. But at the moment the league refuse to allow clubs to sell the tickets themselves. if they did, then such a system would be useful each season - but at the moment I'm not sure it is.

By the time you've paid for your membership and paid and extra £1-£2 for each home or away ticket you could be looking at the scheme costing you £50. Is it really worth it?
Sorry, I don’t think I mentioned anywhere I should get higher priority? I also don’t think I admitted getting to 5 games a season did I? Or am I not allowed to include Belfast, Nottingham, Coventry, MK, Guildford? I’m sure I also didn’t say I should get a higher priority ahead of others who have been to more games because they live nearer than me.

Hmmm, maybe I should go back and read my post again just to be certain.

There seems to be an attitude that ST is the be all and end all and a stamp that gives you priority over everything and everyone else. If having travelled the country to watch and support a team I fell in love with 25 years ago (and was a ST holder) counts for nothing when it comes to seeing them in a final of a tournament then maybe I need to pause for thought and wonder why I do it.

Again, a ST already gives the buyer the advantage of value for money. The club the advantage of guaranteed income. That’s a fair trade. If it then stretches further into other benefits that mean putting other genuine fans who for one reason or another are unable to commit to the ST at a disadvantage (but invest more into the club per ticket) then yes I believe that to be unfair.

Anyway, moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk