Devils v Panthers - Sun 11 Feb 2018 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

A solid win for our Guys. So strong in the second period these days - something that has evolved this season. The ability to score from any line shows our depth - the line chemistries are so well balanced and all playingg with confidence in any situation. Thought our defence/defensive play was tremendous support to Ben ( and, later, Thomas).

Sad to see the state of affairs with Panthers. Their problems appear to go deeper than simply injuries and short benches. The players looked like they were demotivated and going through the motions and lacking in ideas. Corey hardly spoke to his players or to Rick Strachan. Infact both looked broken men. Tonight they appeared to be a shadow of that fantastic Champions Hockey team they were earlier in the season.

Well done, Devils (awesome 4 goals from #81!). Just keep chipping away, focussing one game at a time.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Faryna was superb tonight but there were some seriously good performance there as well.... Strachan is just class. Solid. Paris’ poke checks and blocking is really limiting teams other chances. Haddad is just brilliant. His puck protection and retention creates so much time and space for others, Ulmer is Moria-esque at times in terms of his composure and vision, Joey M is playing on a different planet at the moment and I can’t say enough about Myers and his work ethic. He does all the nasty like jobs. He must be nightmare to play against. Asselin is. Just a joy to watch. His movement and skill set is a cut above . I could go on and on.
Another great performance with the other games going in our favour.
Well done guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

Well what can you say about Faryna tonight, he was on fire. When we went a goal down I never had any doubt we would score, but didn't think we would score seconds apart. The whole team seemed to have gained a new sense of belief and confidence, when they go a goal down or the puck won't go in they don't panic they just stay relaxed and up the tempo. Don't like to single guys out but apart from Faryna, I thought Strachan was Mr composed again tonight. Paris had another good game, Joey H enough said. I'd be here all night writing about each player safe to say great times to be a Devils fan and hopefully more great times ahead

Another display of relentless attacking hockey. Yes, Panthers were a shambles but we pressured them all over the ice, especially down low and they just couldn't get any puck time and they couldn't get out of their zone.
We had them chasing pucks and pulled them all over the ice so much that we could have quite easily have had 10 goals!
Talent plus hard work makes a team awfully difficult to beat!!

terry hunt

I'll be surprised if Devils don't win big.

Panthers 3 import skaters down, plus Lee. 3 defence down, 1 forward down. Unknown if Tetlow will travel with Panthers to fill in for Lee since he's suspended for 2 games but if it's anything like last night it'll be Lindhagen and Bussieres playing D with Sauve, Gagnon and Billingsley.

Our forwards cannot score either. PP's are useless, 2 minute breather for the opposition. Whether it's Garnett or Galbraith In nets, they'll be hung out to dry without a doubt. So long as the Devils forwards don't all break their legs getting to the rink you'll be more than fine.

Prediction: Devils 7-1 Panthers.
A very sad prediction.This was not the Panthers we are used to.It must be devasting for Panthers fans to watch this.

BostonBart22

Neilson seemed to shut down tonight. He didn't speak, he didn't do anything. He just stood there.
Agree neilson and his puppet strachen no motivation from the bench, didnt strachen leave towards end of last season ? as for neilson leaving after the whistle he always goes straight to the team coach to get changed for his trip back to nottingham, seen him doing that most games.

kettdevil1

I’m stoked we won, disappointed that Notthingham and Sheffield are sooo rubbish this year. More ups and down than a yo yo.
Inconsistent .... yes
Rubbish ..... no

I think it is dangerous to write either off given how they have perform on occasion. That was an abject performance by the Panthers but let’s not forget that they are the first British team team to make the CHL quarters and the Steelers spanked us in the first leg of the cup semi final.

The problem for them is that the teams at the top have had been pretty consistent in maintaining a winning run and so their inconsistencies have been magnified.

I still wouldn’t write off either in the playoffs.

Hedd Wyn John

Inconsistent .... yes
Rubbish ..... no

I think it is dangerous to write either off given how they have perform on occasion. That was an abject performance by the Panthers but let’s not forget that they are the first British team team to make the CHL quarters and the Steelers spanked us in the first leg of the cup semi final.

The problem for them is that the teams at the top have had been pretty consistent in maintaining a winning run and so their inconsistencies have been magnified.

I still wouldn’t write off either in the playoffs.
Spot on, people forget both the Panthers and Steelers recently beat us in their barns. On their day pretty much any team in the league can beat anyone.

Have Hope#35

For anyone who likes their Stats... this was put on the Cage following our game with the Panthers:

Stats as of 11 February

Bussières has scored 2 goals in his last 25 games.
Farmer has scored 1 goal in his last 22 games.
Perlini has scored 2 goals in his last 23 games.
Mokshantsev has scored 4 goals in his last 25 games.
Spang has scored 1 goal in his last 24 games.

Last 25 games (League and CC combined):
W 8 L 17 (RW 7, OTW 1, OTL 1, SOL 1), GF 68 GA 93
PP 19/105 (18.09%), PK 31/120 (74.17%)
Shot conversion percentage: 68/813 = 8.36%

Last 21 League games:
W 7 L 14 (RW 6, OTW 1, OTL 2, SOL 1), GF 54 GA 77
PP 15/88 (17.05%), PK 25/100 (75.00%)
Shot conversion percentage: 54/648 (8.33%)

League figures for season to date (40 games):
W 22 L 18 (RW 15, OTW 5, SOW 2, OTL 2, SOL 1), GF 127 GA 134
PP 33/156 (21.15%: range 14.20-29.03% ranked 6th), PK 37/175 (78.86%: range 75.37-87.08%; ranked 7th)
Shot conversion percentage: 127/1374 (9.20%; range 8.2-12.5%; ranked 11th)
Overall save percentage for GKs (89.9%; range 85.3-91.5%; ranked 5th)

Final CC stats
PP 5/36 (13.89%: range 10.71-33.33%; ranked 9th), PK 8/31 (74.19%: range 61.54-86.54%; ranked 9th)
Shot conversion percentage: 37/379 (9.8%: range 9.3-14.4%; ranked 9th)

Among “first-choice” keepers, Galbraith still has the top league save percentage (92.3%) overall and has the fourth lowest goals per game average (2.63).
Garnett is eleventh in terms of both save percentage (88.8%) and goals per game average (3.44).
Pacl, incidentally, has a save percentage of 93.4% after six league games for MK.

Perlini (13+21=34) is our leading points-scorer in the league and is joint 46th in the overall scoring charts and tied at 41st in terms of goals scored. There are 11 players with > 50 points (Mike Hammond, 27+43=70, is 1st).

Percentage of maximum potential points won within Erhardt conference / against teams in other conferences / overall:
Cardiff: 68.75% / 86.54% / 79.76%
Belfast 63.16% / 70.83% / 65.17%
Sheffield 47.05% / 72.92% / 62.20%
Panthers: 40.00% / 77.50% / 58.75%

Comparative figures for the other teams in the top seven (within own conference / vs Erhardt conference teams / overall):
Fife: 82.35% / 50.00% / 66.67%
Manchester: 69.44% / 50.00% / 66.28%
Guildford: 64.29% / 30.77% / 61.90%

All of which suggests that we are more or less where we deserve to be and things are not getting any better. However, eight of our sixteen remaining games are against the three weaker Scottish teams (Braehead, Dundee and Edinburgh) so, although five of those eight games are away, there is a chance of climbing the table ...

Devil94

Really is baffling how their side has changed so much. In October I thought there was no way any club would be able to keep up with them at the top (this was before we found our consistency). They've got the best goal tending duo, arguably the best British players, and imports on paper that would walk in to any every other team. and the first month or two of the season it showed. But since then, what's happened? I'm not buying that the CHL has had this much of an impact on them.

Mazzoak

Maybe some are placing too much on the CHL games, it’s been mentioned that a team we faced had been out on the lash the night prior to playing us, underrated UK teams, didn’t need to get out of 2nd gear isn’t beyond possible.

Wannabe2

Really is baffling how their side has changed so much. In October I thought there was no way any club would be able to keep up with them at the top (this was before we found our consistency). They've got the best goal tending duo, arguably the best British players, and imports on paper that would walk in to any every other team. and the first month or two of the season it showed. But since then, what's happened? I'm not buying that the CHL has had this much of an impact on them.
Best Brits don’t agree with that, we have the best Brits easily, best goalie duo agree, imports myself I don’t get excited about any of them.

Ocko

Interesting stats. Not surprised to see how poor Fife's win % is against our conference. Don't understand the fanfare over them. 50% win percentage against the our conference doesn't put them anywhere near deserved challengers. Dundee didn't turn up until January, Braehead still haven't turned up and you might as well hand over Edinburgh's points at the start of the season.

Ocko

Best Brits don’t agree with that, we have the best Brits easily, best goalie duo agree, imports myself I don’t get excited about any of them.
Sheffield might rightly argue that.

In Dowd and O'Connor they have two Brits who would play on the top 2 lines of any team. J Phillips is an equal of Myers and in Kirk they have an absolute star in the making. Cole Shudra also looks set to be a good player at this level. Brad Day is also fairly solid for a backup and also an U23.

O'Connor, Dowd, Kirk, J Phillips, D Phillips, Shudra, Day

Or

Richardson, Batch, Myers, Bowns, Moore, Murdy

It's tight but we had 3 GB players out of that, Sheffield had 4 and will probably have 5 next year.

E.D.S.

In Dowd and O'Connor they have two Brits who would play on the top 2 lines of any team. J Phillips is an equal of Myers and in Kirk they have an absolute star in the making. Cole Shudra also looks set to be a good player at this level. Brad Day is also fairly solid for a backup and also an U23.

Or

It's tight but we had 3 GB players out of that, Sheffield had 4 and will probably have 5 next year.
You had me up until comparing Jono with Myers. Jono has been a superb servant and a great player in years gone by but Matt is on the ascendency for me. Last two years he’s been awesome. This season.... unreal! His face off wins alone have given us a brilliant platform but I think you’re spot on with the rest of your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Or

I don’t include Sheffield ( joking ) Dowd excellent player, Jono still doing it, O’Connor fans would replace him, Phillips okay player, Kirk looking good, Shudra needs more ice time, Day okay. I would still take our guys, but then I would.