Fife.

Thread starter #1
We're sitting pretty at the top of the league and unless we have some disastrous results you would have to fancy us to finish as champions.
Sitting below us with games in hand we have "The Flyers", we lose a few they win all theirs and things could become very interesting.
If Fife were to win the league would there be excuses from the arena teams that Fife's schedule is easier than those arena teams and made it easier for them or would the concensus be that they won it fair and square?
My personal opinion is that Fife are a good team in their own right and would still be near the top even if they were in the same conference as us arena teams.

James

Administrator
They've had some results go the wrong way in the last couple of weeks or they'd still be right up there if they won their games in hand. I've not looked at their schedule but seeing as we are having games almost 3 times a week now till the end of the season theirs must be brutal. Be interesting to see how much gas they have left in the tank (at least they don't have the Steelers conditioning coach)

BostonBart22

If fife were in our conference , on this seasons showing i think they would finish 3rd, league wise top 4 given their good home record and the fact other top teams have failed this season , wont mention them as they could comeback to haunt us, but they play in ORANGE...

ASHIPP

Fife have been quietly achieving results and look to be strongly challenging for a top 3 position. Their schedule until the end of the season shows many of there games against the teams below them. Tougher games include against Belfast and (I think) Sheffield - both teams they have already beaten this season so anything is possible. And for home games, Kirkaldy rink is one of the toughest places in the league for teams to get reaults - Flyers are great at home.

Whilst they may not be able to roll four lines regularly, they have players who work their socks off and rack up insane minutes on ice without breaking sweat. Injuries could be their undoing because they do not have the luxury of running spares, and for some reason there is a reluctance to regularly play and develop 3 young British players who have already had EIHL experience and who could have been 'EIHL ready' down this tough stretch.

Last edited:
Fife have 4 games in hand, so they could close to within 5 points of us. They've got 20 games left, but only 8 against the other Scottish teams, so it's going to be a tall order to make the top 3, especially with fixture congestion likely to be an issue. Manchester look more likely to be a top 3 team, given their remaining fixture list.

kettdevil1

Feeling lazy and can’t be bothered to look but weren’t they handed their backside on a plate last time they went to Belfast as well?

If so, they do seem to struggle against the Giants which I wonder is conenected to the physical approach Belfast take?

wildthing74

Pretty happy with this as I've been worried about them for weeks but they now seem to be dropping points which is a relief as it would be a travesty if they or that conference won the league.Still amazed how Clan have contrived to screw up the opportunity year after year not to win it at least once.

With three games left in the league versus Belfast at least we can influence those games but my fear was we didn't have any games left against Fife and it felt like not too many teams were keen on beating them.