Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

SteveKing

I'm finding it very hard to get my heart rate back down to normal levels. Lordo texted me on Sunday and I was a little taken aback at how positive and genuinely excited he was for tonight's game. I just let him know that it takes a very special coach to get a team into the mindset that he got the Devils in tonight. He should be incredibly proud of himself and every single player in that locker room. I know I am.

It truly is incredible how fun it is to cheer for this team. I've never experienced anything quite like it. They give us so many amazing moments as fans. My only concern now is that it can be very difficult to bounce back emotionally from such a passionate win like this. It will be another huge test of character and discipline to keep this going and finish the CC and the league title. But I certainly don't doubt them!!!

Gough60

Boooooooooooom.
All the above. Can't add to what's been already said about everyone & everything connected with this hockey club. Even down to the now obligatory 3rd period 1/2 price food giveaway.

kingmo19.1

Wahhheyyyy ! .... Easy, easy, easy, knew we'd do it as per my comment in the away thread. At 4-1 down they were bricking it and you could see how nervous they were. Awesome first 3 minutes of the 3rd period.

It's going to be a long and very quiet trip back to Sheffield on that team bus!

Ejercito Rojas

That was Undoubtedly the best performance I have seen from the Devils in the 30 years I have been watching!
When you take into account the opposition, the goal deficit to overcome and the fact that it was a do or die cup semi-final tie, that was the greatest come back win in the Devils history, beating even the cup final second leg win against the Blaze.
Every player tonight did an outstanding job and then some. There was skill, speed, intensity, physicality and an abundance of desire!
We jumped on Sheffield from the off and not even a quick equaliser put us off the game plan, indeed, Sheffield
seemed to know what was coming and I think psychologically they were beaten from the start.
Defensively they couldn’t cope as it was wave after wave of fast attacking hockey and their only response was taking penalties or icing the puck.
Finally, I’m left wondering what Thompson’s excuse will be tonight, personally I think he’ll say they were tired after staying up to watch the Superbowl!!!!!!

ASHIPP

Wow. We just saw a miracle tonight. And Club history being made. Good things happen if you believe enough.....and we believed. Great things happen when the team play well. And they were superb.To a man, awesome.

Possibly an even more impressive comeback than Challenge Cup v Blaze in 2006. This team has guts, confidence and trust in eachother by the bucket load.

Congratulations Cardiff Devils. So thoroughly deserved. Keep chipping away, focussing one game at a time......and sprinkling that magic as you go.

Hats to Paul - another superb video montage to galvanise team and fans. And a great selection of music.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

I'm finding it very hard to get my heart rate back down to normal levels. Lordo texted me on Sunday and I was a little taken aback at how positive and genuinely excited he was for tonight's game. I just let him know that it takes a very special coach to get a team into the mindset that he got the Devils in tonight. He should be incredibly proud of himself and every single player in that locker room. I know I am.

It truly is incredible how fun it is to cheer for this team. I've never experienced anything quite like it. They give us so many amazing moments as fans. My only concern now is that it can be very difficult to bounce back emotionally from such a passionate win like this. It will be another huge test of character and discipline to keep this going and finish the CC and the league title. But I certainly don't doubt them!!!
How did the atmosphere come across on the webcast Steve, as it was truly untrue tonight, when the Red Army start they are unbeatable, bit like our team.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

pjj365

Wahhheyyyy ! .... Easy, easy, easy, knew we'd do it as per my comment in the away thread. At 4-1 down they were bricking it and you could see how nervous they were. Awesome first 3 minutes of the 3rd period.

It's going to be a long and very quiet trip back to Sheffield on that team bus!
Their bus was pulling up on Mermaid Quay as we came home. I just hope they were calling in for a pint somewhere and not lost - you never know though

solelace84

That was incredible. The guys were on fire from the first faceoff. I've only been watching the devils for 5 years, but that was the best game I've ever seen us play, and the atmosphere in IAW tonight was the loudest I've heard since we've been there... Very well done, guys. Devils were the better team for the entire 60 mins. That is why we are number 1!!!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

Bit of a quiet game, quite uneventful really.... NOT!!!

Holy moley! What an incredible game... un-freakin-believable!

Best game I’ve ever seen.

Devil_Abroad

For those watching on webcast did the atmosphere get reflected onto that as well? Think thats the loudest ive heard in years
Yup - sure did. Still can’t quite accept it. Though short benched, down a few really good players, the hockey we played in the second period was unbelievable. I go back to my first ever visit to Davos and watched a team tear us apart at times even though we were a very good team and showed glimpses of what we could do, still, they tore us apart. What a coach we have who can learn so much from the teams he plays and put into practice through all those practice sessions what he’s learnt and turn this group of players into a machine. The previous comment ‘wave after wave’ describes it so well yet still feels inadequate. Felt at times like the old Soviet teams where every line, every shift found a way to dominate. Carried through to the first 10 mins of the third until we then felt comfortable to play the trap.

So yes, we could hear the sixth man, loud and clear. Could our time in Belfast last weekend be topped? Not from a webcast, but very close, very close indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW. Having cancelled an operation to go to Belfast on the weekend, I was gutted when the alternative date they offered me was 7th Feb. I could not cancel again so had to forego the opportunity to go to tonights game. Had my op this morning and now feel on top of the world.....because the boys did the business BIG TIME. Thanks to the guys at MNL and the ST holders I go with week in week out (when they had a signal) I was able to keep up to date with the game. Can't wait now to see the highlights (that should be all 60 minutes) the Paul Sullivan intro video, and Thompson's interview.....let me guess.....Steelers lost because some men decided to ban one of our players!

Brilliant!

Well done Devils yet again. I knew a fast start with the crowd getting involved, and you could pull it off. Kudos to Andrew Lord for his coaching again. The players gave it everything, and proved some of the doubters on this forum wrong - not for the first time this season.

SteveKing

How did the atmosphere come across on the webcast Steve, as it was truly untrue tonight, when the Red Army start they are unbeatable, bit like our team.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Unfortunately Brian and I watched the game in the middle of a restaurant today so we could hear the crowd or the commentary enough. I can only imagine it though. Todd told me he thought it was the best he’d heard. The Army is such a big part of the magic that we have going on here.

Unrelated thoughts from a fantastic day:

That video by Paul was awesome!!
I am still digesting that massive comeback against the Steelers. How many epic battles have we had with that club?
Lordo had our boys prepared to a level that I have never seen before. It was an unrelenting onslaught for 60 minutes, backed by epic goaltending.
Todd told us the IAW was the best atmosphere he had seen. The Red Army is our strength. At home or away our players know they play for more than just themselves.
Ps. Flights are booked for the c.c final.