Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

august04

What a goal from Joey Martin to win it!
A huge weekend for our title aspirations, to come out of it with 3 points and not lose ground to Belfast is a massive step towards lifting the league trophy. Another good game, real end to end stuff in the 3rd. Well done Devils.

kristian

Have we faced 2 better netminders in the last few games. If not for them think games would have been a bit more comfortable. Also Bownsey been they equal tonight

Tremendous effort to take 3 points from over there. Well done also to those 500 odd who travelled over. Still a long way to go to defending the title - Belfast only have 3 away games left, but 2 of them against us. Bring on Wednesday - Andrew Lord wants to keep his hands on that Challenge Cup.

Hedd Wyn John

What a goal from Joey Martin to win it!
A huge weekend for our title aspirations, to come out of it with 3 points and not lose ground to Belfast is a massive step towards lifting the league trophy. Another good game, real end to end stuff in the 3rd. Well done Devils.
Phenomenal skill with that goal

ASHIPP

Absolutely terrific result. Lordo mentioned the need for playing harder and more clinical. Ulmer took his chances so well and Joey Martin demonstrating why he is the Real Deal.

Some individual errors meant the Devils had to work harder for that result....took nerves of steel, skill and, ok, a bit of luck.......but the Devils deserve a bit of that after the shootout disappointment last night, and the shellshock of Wednesday.

Well done, Devils. A massive confidence boost. Safe celebrations and return travel.

Last edited:

august04

15 minutes later and I still can’t calm my heart rate down. What an insane third period with incredible chances both ways. Oh no wait...it was boring and we got outmuscled!

Still lots to be played but the math stacks up awfully nicely now.
Giants fans (and those that travelled) have been treated to two barn burners at the SSE Arena and the Devils deserve a lot of credit for that. We could do with a few more of those at IAW in the run in, haven't seen too many this season - hopefully starting on Wednesday.

Russky

15 minutes later and I still can’t calm my heart rate down. What an insane third period with incredible chances both ways. Oh no wait...it was boring and we got outmuscled!

Still lots to be played but the math stacks up awfully nicely now.
Do I detect a slight hint of irony here? great post.

Slartibartfast

They were two really exciting games between two great teams. Anyone who says the league has't improved should have watched that game. It was a great standard of hockey. Belfast control the O zone so well particularly from the blue line while the Devils are masters of recycling the puck in the corners. The standard of netminders this year is off the chart and I knew it would need something special to beat Whistle but thats exactly what Martins goal was. Well done to Ulmer for his MOM.

E.D.S.

Comment number 71 also

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
At what point do we start to give this guy the credit he deserves? Man management seems impressively strong, he’s reading the game well and made the necessary changes from Fridays game. I don’t think even the most optimistic of devils fans expected three points this weekend.
Well done boys and well done Mr Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris592

Top two teams in the league went at it this weekend. Not much between them at all. Been a fantastic two games, I felt tonight's game was much more free flowing, but think the refs had a better game and let it flow more.

No complaints from me as a giants fan. Either team could have won on either night. Both net minders playing a blinder too, and both teams leaving it all out on the ice.

Thought both games where fantastic. Also a great travelling Devils support, I'm sure they enjoyed their weekend. Anyway still plenty of hockey left so might be some twists and turns left yet, we shall see.

kristian

At what point do we start to give this guy the credit he deserves? Man management seems impressively strong, he’s reading the game well and made the necessary changes from Fridays game. I don’t think even the most optimistic of devils fans expected three points this weekend.
Well done boys and well done Mr Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both comments are made tongue n cheek

well mine was anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Not sure why quite so many fans were predicting 2 loses and some commenting about them potentially being heavy.

I thought they’d both be very close games. 1 win and 1 loss.

BostonBart22

Fantastic split weekend, how the devils played over the 2 games is beyond me especially after sheffield woes, makes me wonder did the devils hold back a bit in the cup.. those saves from bowns after the 2nd he let in were off the scale and whistle matched him with some unbelievable save, how they wernt mom is beyond me..well done no.71, players and fans who played there part. bring on the orange boys wednesday a big ask to claw back 4 goals but need to win by any margin to lay a marker down for remainder of season.

Hedd Wyn John

Not sure why quite so many fans were predicting 2 loses and some commenting about them potentially being heavy.

I thought they’d both be very close games. 1 win and 1 loss.
The Giants are a very tough team to play, Devils lost to the Giants at the last game in the IAW, the Devils have struggled a bit in the last few games especially that defeat to the Steelers so you can forgive some fans for being pessimistic. Personally I would have been happy with 2 points so to come away with 3 and maintaining our 7 point gap over r Giants is a good result.