Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Hedd Wyn John

Tight game but thought we were the better team overall. We had the better of the first and the third, while belfast had the second.
That OT goal should have been given, but there were a few missed calls on Belfast tonight, and with our powerplay as hot as it was tonight, we could have finished the game in regulation.
A very useful point though, keeps the pressure on Belfast to not give us any more points tomorrow.

P.S why did Jake not take a penalty shot? He should always be the first on the list.
Devils were leagues ahead on the power play and had a great PK, the agiants were better at full strength. Taking nothing away from the giants but we made a couple of key defensive errors which conceded vital goals, but hey, that’s hockey! Cmon Devils, we need to up the ante tonight - I’ve got a feeling our PP won’t be quite as effective this evening so we need to be getting some FS goals which we deserve to.

Ocko

Could've gone either way. We were good, so we're they. No complaints on our performance. We just didn't convert out chances, a bit more luck and we would've won by a couple.

I thought it was a game too soon for Paris. He's been out over a month with injury, throwing him in on a regular shift, on a double header at Belfast away, in what may be a title deciding weekend is a little unfair.

I'd give him the night off and play Lord. Then we can play 4 proper forward lines with 5 D. Or shift Batch back to D (also a little unfair but it's an option). Annoys me the lack of ice Batch gets despite never putting a foot wrong.

It's a lot easier for Lord to jump in as a 4th line checking forward than it is for a returning injured player to jump in on a top 4 D pairing.

E.D.S.

Could've gone either way. We were good, so we're they. No complaints on our performance. We just didn't convert out chances, a bit more luck and we would've won by a couple.

I thought it was a game too soon for Paris. He's been out over a month with injury, throwing him in on a regular shift, on a double header at Belfast away, in what may be a title deciding weekend is a little unfair.

I'd give him the night off and play Lord. Then we can play 4 proper forward lines with 5 D. Or shift Batch back to D (also a little unfair but it's an option). Annoys me the lack of ice Batch gets despite never putting a foot wrong.

It's a lot easier for Lord to jump in as a 4th line checking forward than it is for a returning injured player to jump in on a top 4 D pairing.
Totally agree. Big fan of Lord and what he does on the ice but surely he’ll struggle for match fitness and sharpness? It’s a tough one.
This weekend is damage limitation for me. The league won’t be won or lost this weekend but agree that it is a big one. We’ll lose a couple more before the end of the season and so will everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazzoak

Massively disappointed to loose in OT, could’ve been far worse though, so grateful we got something. Will we want to go all out tonight, for psychological reasons, dominance within the last leg or will we hold back for the return CC game. I’d hope we’d dominate both games, loosing tonight and the CC semi might be a hard pill to swallow.

Last edited:

august04

I’d like to see Lord play tonight and sit Reddick, who was poor last night. Paris needs games if Louis is injured and we could play Batch with Strachan as the 3rd D pairing, against a physical Giants team.

ASHIPP

Sylvestre and Rutherford were menaces all night last night. Another of their top scorers returns from a ban tonight - Brendan Connolly will be trying to impose himself on the game. Hope Devils have a plan to handle them in all situations

Excellent pk and pp from Devils last night. Frustrating to lose in the shootout. As Lordo suggests in his interview, they need to come back stronger, harder and more clinical tonight.

Was Morisette injured last night - wonder why this penalty expert wasn't involved in the shootout?

Last edited:

Rob Batch

Ashipp mentioned the return of Connolly which could change the dynamics tonight. I think more fore-checking, more ice-time for Josh and more goals. Anyone know tonight's winning lotto numbers?