Fournier Ban

It is a big blow - but I guess It helps having Josh Batch on the roster so that he can slip back onto the D (I suspect) so we can maintain 3 D Pairings

Devil94

Big loss. He's the guy I am most hopeful can do sonething special if we're flat or need to get going.

But deserved I'm afraid, 2 is the correct call for me.

OJLloyd

It looked from my seat like the guy lost an edge immediately before Fournier made contact.

However a friend watching the stream said it looked really bad, so I’m guessing the video hasn’t helped him.

Like the fact that DOPS deal with these things immediately now though, it’s fitting that a punishment from a double header effects the offending team immediately.

Ocko

2 refs give him 2mins..then upgraded to 2 games only because player was injured..would he have had a ban if he wasnt injured i wonder..
Probably not. Because the rule and subsequent ban changes if there is an injury on the play.

The call on the night should've been 5+Game or nothing at all. If there is a penalty and injury is caused it's a major.

Slartibartfast

It did look bad. I think if it has been another foot from the boards then there would not have been a penalty and the player probably would not have got hurt. Just one of those split second decisions that are so easy to get wrong. Fournier is not a dirty player. I would not even call him a particularly physical player. He just got this one wrong. We will miss him though. He has been on fire recently.

ASHIPP

Major blow for Devils - especially need his skills in Wednesday's crucial game against Steelers.

Gleason is boisterous but not malicious. Unfortunately Ferrara got caught - if he's injured there must have been clear evidence on video for the decision.