Nottingham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 20 Jan 2018 - League - Fo 7pm - Chat/Updates

august04

For anyone at the game, what went wrong in the 1st period (apart from the obvious of letting in 4 goals and not scoring any in reply!)? A terrific comeback and sounds like a good game but we left ourselves too much to do.

ASHIPP

Lost it in the first period, no team in this league can go 4 goals down and expect to win.
Very very difficult but IIRC Fife Flyers were losing 5-1 at the IAW earlier this season and ended up winning the game.

A must win required against Flyers tomorrow. Firstly, to try and regain the points gap ahead of Giants and Flyers. Secondly, psychologically important to keep in winning mode.

kettdevil1

For anyone at the game, what went wrong in the 1st period (apart from the obvious of letting in 4 goals and not scoring any in reply!)? A terrific comeback and sounds like a good game but we left ourselves too much to do.
We came out pancake flat and just couldn’t string two passes together. Not sure why other than it seemed as though we conceded an early (and defensively messy) goal and instead of shrugging our shoulders and realising that there were 59 minutes to go, we tried to put it right immediately and forgot the basics. Too many players were going for risky passes or solo efforts and the team cohesion fell to bits. I think it was the fourth goal where Louis was dragged out of position by putting in a big check and nobody covered for him. It was frustrating but does happen from time to time to any team.

The second was better although we did still feel flat, whilst the third period was just bonkers and frankly it could have finished with any score. Credit to Ulmer who was brave above and beyond in blocking a shot that nobody would have blamed him for ducking and for generally being a pest, whilst Joey Martin ran the game sporadically. But apart from that..... aside from Faryna’s great show against a genuine heavyweight in Gagnon.... not a lot to celebrate tonight, But also not a lot to worry about, we had a very poor period but, this is stil a top two ... and hopefully top one, team.

Hedd Wyn John

I could be totally wrong on this but I think it’s between the Devils & Giants at the moment, we’ll see how strong The Flyers are tonight. Are they really THAT good or is the Scottish conference inflating their results? We’ll soon see how they compare.

Wannabe2

Flyers have beaten every team in the league except Giants I believe, they certainly have beaten all the rest. Give fife a chance and they will certainly make you pay. Certainly a top 3/4 team.

E.D.S.

So having reflected over night.... it was just a bad day at the office. Things just didn’t click. From the face off we did what we always do with Myers winning it but then rather than applying pressure in the panthers zone we iced it and the panthers set up in our zone leading to the goal. Our transitional play in that first period was woeful. We just couldn’t go tape to tape.
As bad as we were I thought the panthers were superb. Corey had done his homework and the panthers looked well organised.
Big mention for Bowns. Not very often we concede 6 and the goalie in my eyes should get the mom. He made some unreal saves. Especially in the second period during a power play. What a performance. Even on one of the panthers goals in the first period he windmilled and made an outstanding save for them only to react first and score.
On the flip side there were some abysmal performances from individuals but they don’t need pointing out on her right now as it was just a “bad day at the office”.
Two points tonight please.
Faryna.... what a leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real shame about that 1st period as periods 2 & 3 we actually won 4-1 (4-2 with the ENG) looks like we could have won quite comfortably if we'd have been in the game from the start

Gough60

We are not going to go the rest of the season unbeaten. Panthers at the NIA was always going be a tough game.
They showed in the CHL they are a competitive outfit. They are not a threat to our league aspersions.
Tonight is MASSIVE, though I do think the flyers will lose to he likes of Storm, Flames and Lighting and like Clan in the past will blow up in the final run in. They even dropped a point at home to Stars last night. Belfast doubleheader I think will be a defining

Hedd Wyn John

Flyers have beaten every team in the league except Giants I believe, they certainly have beaten all the rest. Give fife a chance and they will certainly make you pay. Certainly a top 3/4 team.
After tonight’s performance I’d say the Scottish conference is elevating their position in the league, they are a solid team but shouldn’t be title contenders.

Wannabe2

What a great fight, you don’t see many like that anymore, pure toe to toe, huge respect to Faryna, Gagnon is a beast, but the Lion Tamer sure did tame the Lion. Gagnon got cut too and tapped Faryna to say that’s it. Great/Great fight, love it.

E.D.S.

Class by Faryna to stop throwing them when his shirt was over his head. What you couldn’t see was him bouncing around the penalty box shouting at our bench to get them going as well. All off the back of what was a great hit on Gagnon as well.
Huge respect for Faryna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk