Ladies night !

Rob Batch

Thread starter #1
I am bemused that there has been no mention of this major event !! I am also surprised that my invitation failed to materialize....

BostonBart22

The less it's mentioned the better, it's cringey that people actually want to go. Bet the players wives love sending their partners off to this event.
with you on this, never been a fan of this event mid season , our form always seems to dip after this debacle...

James

Administrator
I would hope its a bit of a different event nowadays than under the Burge - Ragan regime. I assume it's more professional and less seedy. Who knows though. I think last year was the first we didn't have a slump in form directly after so fingers crossed :D

Hedd Wyn John

What is exactly is Ladies Night? I saw it advertised but as a bloke the only thing that it conjures up was the beginning of Terminator 3 when the Terminator crashes ‘Ladies Night’ in a bar where there was a male stripper on stage.

Ocko

What is exactly is Ladies Night? I saw it advertised but as a bloke the only thing that it conjures up was the beginning of Terminator 3 when the Terminator crashes ‘Ladies Night’ in a bar where there was a male stripper on stage.
Depends who you ask....
Former player Devin Didiomete would probably give you a very different answer to the vast majority of family men that play for the club ;)

ASHIPP

Well you would hope it's nothing like that or anything tacky under the Calgary Ownership.

Prior to that, 'Ladies' Night' has been, let's say, a contradiction in
terms. Less said about it the better.

Let's get back to the ice hockey.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Ladies night! All a bit 1970’s .... the world should have moved on!

A little bit discriminatory in this day and age - especially with the good work the club has promoted with the LGBT community.

drainage

Well you would hope it's nothing like that or anything tacky under the Calgary Ownership.

Prior to that, 'Ladies' Night' has been, let's say, a contradiction in
terms. Less said about it the better.

Let's get back to the ice hockey.
Not a fan but think that comment is a tad rude ....... I have been couple times and didn’t see anything to back up “ladies night is a contradiction in terms” I didn’t enjoy and would have no issue if they stopped but not sure it’s fair to indirectly slate the women who go

Foxy

Ladies night! All a bit 1970’s .... the world should have moved on!

A little bit discriminatory in this day and age - especially with the good work the club has promoted with the LGBT community.
Hang on a minute .... You guys have your golfing tournament ladies have their ladies night.... think everyone is catered for.
Dont go myself but cant see anything wrong with it. Its just harmless fun

Temme

Hang on a minute .... You guys have your golfing tournament ladies have their ladies night.... think everyone is catered for.
Dont go myself but cant see anything wrong with it. Its just harmless fun
Is the golf a male only event??? (asking a genuine question as i have no clue...)

I remember a few years back all the topless photo's being posted on social media of the players; now i have no idea what goes on in ladies night these days but you do hope it's not like that in 2018.

Imagine the male equivalent for a female hockey team for a minute...

Now stop imaging it, as that's sexism and chauvinism that you would even suggest such an event!

If it raises funds for the club and everyone enjoys it though, doesn't really do any harm and is a popular event!

Last edited: