Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - 10/01 @ 19:30 - CC QF - Chat/Updates

Russky

RESULT 6-2
agg 9-5

NB Profuse apologies but we are unable to bring you MNL this evening due to Technical problems, which are being investigated.

Last edited:

kingmo19.1

Big question is, has Tom done enough yet to secure another MOM award?

Would be class for Kelman to give it to him. Nice parting shot for the pretenders to mull over when they drive back home.

jenks33

Great win. 6-2 flattered us a bit as Guildford continue to impress this season. The Devils deserved the win but it certainly wasn’t as comfortable as the scoreline suggests. Devils are so clinical at the moment tho, as they showed in the first period on Sunday and tonight.
Guildford have been a breath of fresh air on the ice this season. To be honest when they joined the league I thought our matches against them would be just as boring as our home games against Edinburgh but they are a very good team. Dixon deserves huge credit for his recruitment and coaching. Some of their stand out players had very average CV’s before this season but they look like superstars at the moment. I suppose the problem they’re going to have tho is keeping hold of Ackered, Dunbar, Craige etc

Professional performamce by the Devils, I cant fault the physicality tonight; good clean hits and everyone seemed to make a conscious effort to finish their checks. You don't need to fight, but you can still play physical hockey alongside a slick passing game. We did both tonight and I hope to see more of it!

As a side note, I thought Ben Davies played well tonight and gave everything he had. I'd still like to see him back in Devils colours in the future.

august04

Enjoyable game that. Devils dominated the first period but credit to Guildford, they came back well in the second (wouldn’t mind us enquiring about Ackered next off season!) but we were reasonably comfortable in the third. We look so much more secure at the back with Louis playing on D again, 3 solid looking D pairings now, long may it continue. Very good performance tonight from the Devils.

ASHIPP

Fantastic result for the Devils - worked hard and got the reward.

Matthew Myers' solo defensive display in p1 set the tone and galvanised the play from the team. Outstanding - and standing ovation for him was deserved.

Our Guys hit the Flames where it hurt the most - on the scoreboard. With no injuries and no suspensions. That's all that matters.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Loved that game tonight , that hockey was a pure joy to watch. People have ranted about Guildford’s speed, and quite rightly so, but by gum we matched them for speed, and when it came to playing with pure skill, they in fairness were certainly second best. This team of ours really are second to none, watching this game tonight and being completely unbiased, who the hell do you pick as MOM, everyone of these guys deserved that accolade, not a fault with any of these guys. Tonight the pressure was on to deliver, could this team try to emulate last seasons awesome team, and march on to a final, well that display tonight said we sure can, now bring on the Tango boys, and if pure talent and resilience has anything to do with it, it’s looking pretty neat. Massive shout out to Mo, this guy is like a fine wine, he just gets better and better, remember the last Mo we had, Reddick is playing out of his skin, he don’t give a toss about any of the opposition, Pope is certainly on fire and showing us just how classy he is, Ulmer tonight took the game by the horns, and directed everything. Myers well what can you say after tonight, he ran the show, he was the conductor in front of one amazing Orchestra. Bownsy well just how do you give enough credit to this young man, Fort Knox, Alcatraz, this guy is the backbone to this awesome team, safe as bloody houses is a good local phrase, and he sure is that. I could go on and on about all our other wonderful players, everyone of them deserves all the praise in the world. This team are just that a Team, they work tirelessly for each other, not for themselves but for each other, they have a second sense for where their team mates are, and by god didn’t it show tonight. Our coaching is absolutely second to none, and it is now shining thru, tonight was a combination of skill, physicality, and a pure will to win, thanks guys for giving us a night to cherish, thanks for showing us why we follow this great club, and thanks for showing us you care as much as we do. Now bring on that lot from up there in La La Land.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Loved that game tonight , that hockey was a pure joy to watch. People have ranted about Guildford’s speed, and quite rightly so, but by gum we matched them for speed, and when it came to playing with pure skill, they in fairness were certainly second best. This team of ours really are second to none, watching this game tonight and being completely unbiased, who the hell do you pick as MOM, everyone of these guys deserved that accolade, not a fault with any of these guys. Tonight the pressure was on to deliver, could this team try to emulate last seasons awesome team, and march on to a final, well that display tonight said we sure can, now bring on the Tango boys, and if pure talent and resilience has anything to do with it, it’s looking pretty neat. Massive shout out to Mo, this guy is like a fine wine, he just gets better and better, remember the last Mo we had, Reddick is playing out of his skin, he don’t give a toss about any of the opposition, Pope is certainly on fire and showing us just how classy he is, Ulmer tonight took the game by the horns, and directed everything. Myers well what can you say after tonight, he ran the show, he was the conductor in front of one amazing Orchestra. Bownsy well just how do you give enough credit to this young man, Fort Knox, Alcatraz, this guy is the backbone to this awesome team, safe as bloody houses is a good local phrase, and he sure is that. I could go on and on about all our other wonderful players, everyone of them deserves all the praise in the world. This team are just that a Team, they work tirelessly for each other, not for themselves but for each other, they have a second sense for where their team mates are, and by god didn’t it show tonight. Our coaching is absolutely second to none, and it is now shining thru, tonight was a combination of skill, physicality, and a pure will to win, thanks guys for giving us a night to cherish, thanks for showing us why we follow this great club, and thanks for showing us you care as much as we do. Now bring on that lot from up there in La La Land.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

The Devils were outstanding tonight what a great game of hockey, Lordo certainly had the Devils prepared for this one. Well done boys.
P.S is it me or does Ben Davis look like crusty the clown

Enjoyable game that. Devils dominated the first period but credit to Guildford, they came back well in the second (wouldn’t mind us enquiring about Ackered next off season!) but we were reasonably comfortable in the third. We look so much more secure at the back with Louis playing on D again, 3 solid looking D pairings now, long may it continue. Very good performance tonight from the Devils.
I would love to see Ackered in Devils colours next season! What a player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Fournier nailed Ben Davies 3 times on the bounce in the 3rd then got called for interference, what did Davies say or do after the call for Strachan to go over to him? I must have missed it

Devil_Abroad

When Fournier nailed Ben Davies 3 times on the bounce in the 3rd then got called for interference, what did Davies say or do after the call for Strachan to go over to him? I must have missed it

Maybe a few of them were fed up with his diving and moaning all game. Still a good call though as Fournier just got tired of him and lost it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk