Belfast v Sheffield double header

Wannabe2

Steelers were the best team on the night, horrific hit by Fitz, thrown out misses tonight, and can see a ban coming, new player for Steelers had a fight, also Goulokis or whoever fought Fretter, which obviously was coming and did 55 sec into the game. Hope Giants win tonight in reg time.

Mooney#16

I'd hope Fitzy sits about 5 games for that given the context of the hit. That is straight up head hunting. Very very cheap. Steelers seem to have forgotten Goulakos hit was judged legal on Fretter. They had a fight after 55 secs and that's it. For Fitzy to throw a targeted elbow at the jaw is a definate intent to injure and on a revenge play. Worse still Fitzy is playing in a goldfish bowl at the moment so it's not like he's open to answering the bell. Steelers are definately playing cheap desperate hockey at the moment in true Thommo style. Hope Devils are briefed up that any bump on Bownsy gets escalated quickly as it's coming next game. Put money on it.

ASHIPP

Will be interesting to see how DOPS handle this. Rosehill 6 games and the review emphasises he has been a repeat offender this season. DOPS surely have set a presedent with this? Fitzgerald has also been a repeat offender - what will he get?

Finny

Only seen the slowmo clip of the Fitzgerald hit but it looks awful. The puck has already gone so it’s not a legitimate play. He also raises then lowers his fists to ensure contact is with head.

5 games for me.

Other than that it was a nearly perfect result for us tonight. Now we need a Belfast win and a couple more suspensions.

kettdevil1

Only seen the slowmo clip of the Fitzgerald hit but it looks awful. The puck has already gone so it’s not a legitimate play. He also raises then lowers his fists to ensure contact is with head.

5 games for me.

Other than that it was a nearly perfect result for us tonight. Now we need a Belfast win and a couple more suspensions.
Let’s split the difference.... he gets 4 games.

James

Administrator
3 players banned from the first game. Can they do it again tonight. Nice to see the Sheffield and Belfast fans arguing who’s goon is the worst and not have a donkey in the race :)

ASHIPP

3 players banned from the first game. Can they do it again tonight. Nice to see the Sheffield and Belfast fans arguing who’s goon is the worst and not have a donkey in the race :)
Only last week some folks were on here saying how much they respect Fitzgerald. I don't get it myself - the guy might be a decent defenceman and does a lot with his club/local community, but then he does something dangerous like this, every few months. Steelers must be getting used to him being off their roster - he's hurting their team.

Last edited: