Guildford Flames v Cardiff Devils - Sat 6 Jan 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

The DEVILS visit Guildford with TWO aims
- extending their winning streak and show the Flames what they can expect in the Challenge Cup quarter final next week.

With no webcast
MNL will be covering this game with Russky hosting so why not join us for play by play coverage of the action at the Spectrum, Guildford

Without volunteer texters there would not be any MNL coverage, we need texters urgently especially for away games. If you help us out either PM one of us or email us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Score predictions as always welcomed to matchnightlive@gmail.com

Foxy

Are Guildford looking to do web casts at anytime in the future or is this another club not bothering?

James

Administrator
If anyone is planning on traveling and hasn't got their tickets yet, there are only 250 left and it looks to be a sell out, so buy before traveling.

Wannabe2

Not a lot of teams will come out of Guildford with a point, shame we lost but Flames at theirs are one tough cookie. We need to beat Panthers tomorrow, if we can take 3 out of 4 points then no can moan about that. Panthers will be tough, really tough, they are one good team, but so are we. A game tomorrow please lads, let’s do this, let’s get behind our lads tomorrow guys, let’s be the extra man, they need us, and we sure do need them.

august04

Apparently gave Rutkis MOM when he didn’t ice a shift. I assume that’s some kind of payback for us skating off before MOM could be awarded a few weeks back. I just can’t imagine that we did that deliberately, but whatever the rights and wrongs, that’s a tasteless and classless response from Guildford. I hope we rise above it and don’t respond in kind on Wednesday. Just pay them back by knocking the little upstarts out of the cup.

I hope we give Guilford a spanking on Wednesday for the Mom dig they've awarded tonight. We all need to be loud and proud and get behind the team we all love and follow. Let's make some noise and make that home advantage count

ASHIPP

Further confirmation that Flames are our nemesis team - just have to try to find a way past them.

Whilst I have no doubt the Devils will pull out the stops in Wednesday's CC game against Flames (who beat Devils in both group stage games), it will be the very last chance in this round to progress to the semi-final. Panthers and Steelers are already through.

Guildford will probably be the blue print for many teams next season solid goal tending and a fast skating team, there are probably lots of players from North America who are fast, free scoring but physically too sleight to make an impact in a North American physical type game, these will excel on our soccer pitch sized rinks.

Just another step towards a more European style game - still not enough physicality or not enough speed ??