MKL Lightning v Cardiff Devils - Mon Jan 1 2018 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Devil_Abroad

Haddad made a short spearing motion towards the player sprawled on the ice against the boards in our end as we skated away with the puck though he didn’t touch the player thankfully. If there’s no video evidence then 5 + game will be it I think, so he should be available on Sat? It was a silly pen to take especially now we have the 2 ref system. The call was made by Darnell who had a good game; Hogarth on the other hand had a mare; some of the calls he made against MK in the 3rd were appalling. Not sure what injury Paris picked up in the first (unless he was benched) but our D suddenly looked solid and composed from the start of the 2nd (5D as Louis still a forward) and through the 3rd (Louis back on D). Hopefully this will be the catalyst for Lord to finally bench him unless we get another injury in the run in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

I saw it out f the corner of my eye. Haddad has been targeted from the start with multiple attempts at winding him up and circumstantial evidence suggests it might have worked..... it didn’t look the worst incident in the world but, I wonder if he might sit for an extra game?
I didn’t see the incident (restricted view from where I was sitting) but the Devils were so dominant tonight. To get a shutout as well was great. MK Lightning were lucky to get away with a couple of slashing/tripping incidents.

from eihl website (no link)

"Following a review of the 5+Game penalty for Spearing assessed on Cardiff Devils #27 Joey Haddad during the game between Milton Keynes Lightning and Cardiff Devils on 01/01/18, the Elite League Department of Player Safety has determined that no further action is required."

Devil_Abroad

from eihl website (no link)

"Following a review of the 5+Game penalty for Spearing assessed on Cardiff Devils #27 Joey Haddad during the game between Milton Keynes Lightning and Cardiff Devils on 01/01/18, the Elite League Department of Player Safety has determined that no further action is required."
Common sense again from DoPS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It could just be me but from the games I've seen against Lightening and Flames (especially Flames) their players are going down far to easily. Does anyone else think Flames who are a small,fast team are using this as a tactic to try and take the physical advantage away from most of the teams they play?