Match Night Experience

JC23

*** Note that Mission Burrito did not come back after its one night!
This had nothing to do with me, although it was me that brought Mission Burrito and the Devils together initially.

I would expect though, that the reason they never returned after their one night outside IAW, is the lack of premises/staff within South Wales to pre-prepare all of the stuff needed to run a pop up outside IAW.

Although the operations manager is from the Valleys, the nearest store is in Bristol nowadays, and the main offices are in Oxford.

pjj365

Todd said tonight he's looking at staffing - with Kris Agland and Neil Francis working the bar couldn't agree more

Standard of dress has shot through the roof but as I am not a user of the bar someone else will need to comment on the service - both did look at home though

pjj365

This had nothing to do with me, although it was me that brought Mission Burrito and the Devils together initially.

I would expect though, that the reason they never returned after their one night outside IAW, is the lack of premises/staff within South Wales to pre-prepare all of the stuff needed to run a pop up outside IAW.

Although the operations manager is from the Valleys, the nearest store is in Bristol nowadays, and the main offices are in Oxford.
This was not meant as criticism but a fact illustrating the viability of pop ups which you illustrate well

JC23

This was not meant as criticism but a fact illustrating the viability of pop ups which you illustrate well
No criticism taken my friend. Just pointing out that I couldn’t take credit for them coming down for matchnight, although the team that night were staff I had trained personally. ;-) haha.

Paul Sullivan

Mods, any chance we could have a split topic to 'Customer experience' please? I'm happy to discuss music, video, atmosphere etc but I really can't take responsibility for the hotdogs or the toilets :D

Wannabe2

Well I think you should, you are so good at everything else, so why can’t you sort this as well. Surely you can, my match night experience is so bloody good, I love it. If the hot dogs were as good as the music they would be awesome.

ASHIPP

Whilst Paul is on here - think the crowd are loving all the Wurlitzer organ music. It feels like a proper ice hockey atmosphere. More of that, please.

Now if you could have a word with Todd about removing the roof of IAW, perhaps we could have our own Uk version of 'the Winter Classic' against Panthers next week! Who wants to watch NYR v Buffalo anyway?!!!!

Perhaps the criteria should have stipulated in the topic title then Paul
For most the match night experience includes everything from the moment you walk in the door - from beer to music, hotdogs to drummers
Mods, any chance we could have a split topic to 'Customer experience' please? I'm happy to discuss music, video, atmosphere etc but I really can't take responsibility for the hotdogs or the toilets :D

Paul Sullivan

Perhaps the criteria should have stipulated in the topic title then Paul
For most the match night experience includes everything from the moment you walk in the door - from beer to music, hotdogs to drummers
Understood, however for many years now the phrase 'match night experience' has been used to refer to the Audio, visual and entertainment segment of the match night. I'm not being disingenuous by making that point, I think. Plus, the relentless critique and point scoring of one user who illustrates a distinct lack of any technical knowledge means there's too much white noise on this thread for any serious discussion about the OP's intention...

Thread starter #135
Can I also add, I love the Organ, reminds me so much of the old Panthers Rink, just loved that place. Pure hockey music. Keep up the great work Paul.
I've said it before, I LOVE the organ music. As for the domino's pizza's, they tend to go to the blocks that have fewer season ticket holders and 9/10 times they will end up in the hands of an enthusiastic youngster... I don't see anything wrong with that - enhancing the experience for potential future ST holders!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Fair do Paul - butbdont forget - new people to this forum may not know how the phrase has previously been used, and like me - feel match night experience is from start to finish.

Really Solelace84? Because the block I sit in is probably about 70-80% season ticket holders and one family has won the pizza four times to my knowledge (over this season and last) - hence my comment that perhaps they shpuld move around the rink to be more fair

Thread starter #138
Fair do Paul - butbdont forget - new people to this forum may not know how the phrase has previously been used, and like me - feel match night experience is from start to finish.

Really Solelace84? Because the block I sit in is probably about 70-80% season ticket holders and one family has won the pizza four times to my knowledge (over this season and last) - hence my comment that perhaps they shpuld move around the rink to be more fair
Ah, fair enough - I always see the pizza's go to the blocks in the corners of the rink, but maybe I am mistaken. Not really bothered about them, as I'm vegan... But maybe they should alternate more often.

Also, I think the thread should be open for any suggestions for changes to match night - be it music, entertainment or anything else. The chances are, if one person suggests it, many are probably thinking the same thing!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk