Match Night Experience

Won’t say too much as I can’t stand Max Boyce, as he is a dick and that’s being polite.

Have to agree with this, it's far too Max Boyce ( a man who ceased to be funny in 1973) for my liking and just conjures up images of beer swilling middle aged men in Wales rugby shirts, two sizes too small and women dressed in daffodil hats. That's not my idea of my welsh identity sorry.
For me, the song that's gets the hairs on my neck stand on end and is synonymous with standing together and prevailing against the enemy is ..........'Men of Harlech.'

Kal

Similar to the match night experience but a slightly different slant.... I was impressed with some of the food on offer from the Blaze last night. No idea on cost. I imagine it’s as expensive as any where else but it all looked good. Going to Planet Ice in Coventry makes me miss our old rink in Town.... Similar set up. What a place that was!
I think IAW should outsource the cafe to someone like papa johns like Cov does. I imagine you make a little less but haven't got to deal with any of the running of it. Think MK have a papa johns too, is it a planet ice thing?

pjj365

Todd said at the last Q&A that they were looking at the catering and the options - including healthy options

Doubt we'd get a franchise as the current footfall is probably too low outside game nights. If Devils get their way though this might change but it will take time I guess

Planet Ice, I’m not 100%, own and operate Papa Johns franchises in their rinks. Nothing stopping the IAW owners or the Devils purchasing a franchise. £118,000 of which £18,500 + VAT for the Franchise, the rest in liquid capital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnnybravo1927

I think IAW should outsource the cafe to someone like papa johns like Cov does. I imagine you make a little less but haven't got to deal with any of the running of it. Think MK have a papa johns too, is it a planet ice thing?
MK have a Papa Johns but also have a bar (similar size to ours) that serves food as well. Mks bar is a good example of how ours could/should be

JC23

The issue with Papa Johns may be the fact we’re sponsored by Dominos.

Taking money from one pizza chain, whilst paying for another...?

Wannabe2

Myself I don’t think Pizza is the answer, pizza outside the door, pizza as a reward, can you imagine empty pizza boxes around the Arena.

The trend at the moment is hot and cold grab and go food, worth £20 billion in the UK. Recent survey placed 70% of adults choose this source for lunch alone. The innovative concept allows the outlet to sell anything from Burritos to Pasta from flavours of Korea, Japan to the USA or Mexico using the same appliance to cook all varieties, with very quick service. Many venues will also start implementing apps so you can order you food and prearranged pick up time or even delivered to your seat. Although the IAW could never sustain such systems.

Rob Batch

I do have thoughts on this subject. Josh states some obvious issues but these can be overcome. I believe delivery to seats is worth looking at.

Last edited:

Kal

Maybe we could get a subway instead since we already have a far superior pizza offering just outside. Like the idea of the bar doing other food too and we could keep the bars around the arena selling hot dogs etc

Also circa £100,000 plus. You need to be selling a lot per game to even get close to being viable. Most outlets look too and achieve £20,000 £50,000 a week.