Match Night Experience

Hedd Wyn John

Has Paul mashed up the music mixes in recent games? Loving hearing 'proper' ice hockey organ music and tonight, a bit of Max Boyce to get the crowd going. Now THAT'S what we need for the crowd
sing-a-long. It worked tonight for sure.

'Delilah', 'Green green grass of home' and 'Sospan Fach'' next week please!
We had Delilah tonight, sounds like the DJ reads this forum.

matbur

I personally don't like Hymns and Arias, to me it's just a song that's sung drunkenly and drones on at rugby games. This is hockey.

Loving the organ though and on the whole the music selection/timing is very good and you can see it's carefully considered, which I appreciate.

Hedd Wyn John

The DJ you speak of is the one and only @Paul Sullivan the same man who is the maker of the awesome pre-game videos we usually all rave about.
In that case, if Paul is reading this. I notice that the post game music is usually the Top Gun anthem by Harold Faltermeyer. Its a great tune but you may want to mix it with Kenny Loggins Dangerzone and use pre-game as a warm up song. I recommend you watch the Top Gun intro on youtube where it starts off with theTop Gun anthem and cuts to Dangerzone half way through- sounds terrific. Would certainly fire up the crowd.

Definitely improving the match night music, who’d have thought, promoting famous Welsh anthems and bands would improve fan interaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnnybravo1927

not a fan at all of the welsh hymns to be honest. Its a rugby thing and we have our own identity. We could do with more chants though and I particularly enjoy the antagonising chants (all your fault etc) There are very few football chats that could be used though I would have enjoyed hearing a rendition of 'sacked in the morning' sang to Thommo

kingmo19.1

Match night music was much more enjoyable tonight - well done to all concerned in mixing it up a bit (it was overdue).

Love the Organ Music - and I heard the same said by quite a few people sat around me.

Gough60

not a fan at all of the welsh hymns to be honest. Its a rugby thing and we have our own identity. We could do with more chants though and I particularly enjoy the antagonising chants (all your fault etc) There are very few football chats that could be used though I would have enjoyed hearing a rendition of 'sacked in the morning' sang to Thommo
Make your mind up. Say you don't like "hymns" as rugby related and "we have our own identity", then go on to say can't use many football chants. Now that's an identity I don't want to be associated with at all.
Blaze, and original storm had that pumpkin mentality which is one of the reasons can't stand them.

BostonBart22

Remember going to Newcastle and after the first period a fan was chosen to take 3 shots against their back up goalie from the hash marks. Score 1 goal to win a prize. This could be raffle drawn??
Also a great expierence
That was me, never forgot my debut with the stick and puck,,didnt score but hit the post to a loud cheer from the loud red army, walked away with 4 cans lager for my troubles...

Johnnybravo1927

Make your mind up. Say you don't like "hymns" as rugby related and "we have our own identity", then go on to say can't use many football chants. Now that's an identity I don't want to be associated with at all.
Blaze, and original storm had that pumpkin mentality which is one of the reasons can't stand them.

I thought it was fairly clear. I dont like us singing rugby songs as they are very specific to welsh rugby. There are some generic chants used at football that are applicable to hockey. I never suggested we adopt a football style mentality at any stage. Despite being a football fan I think the crowds are poles apart and am happy for it to stay that way

E.D.S.

Similar to the match night experience but a slightly different slant.... I was impressed with some of the food on offer from the Blaze last night. No idea on cost. I imagine it’s as expensive as any where else but it all looked good. Going to Planet Ice in Coventry makes me miss our old rink in Town.... Similar set up. What a place that was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leighton

Similar to the match night experience but a slightly different slant.... I was impressed with some of the food on offer from the Blaze last night. No idea on cost. I imagine it’s as expensive as any where else but it all looked good. Going to Planet Ice in Coventry makes me miss our old rink in Town.... Similar set up. What a place that was!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Choice was good, service not so much!