Braehead Clan v Cardiff Devils - Fri 22 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

E.D.S.

Jake must be on some part of points/goal streak. Didn’t he bag another one last night? He’s doing it when it counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E.D.S.

Games are much closer this year which shows how good the league is. We have also had more injuries this year then I can remember in previous years. So to be top of the league at this stage is an amazing achievement . Full credit to Lordo and the team.
Although we are playing well I still dont think this team has hit their top form. Thats not a criticism. When all the injuries have healed and if we can get a period of stable lines I think what is to come will be even better. Dare we start thinking about a league title.
This makes me laugh in a good way. It’s a good post. We’re now talking or not wanting to talk about a league title. A few weeks ago some of us (me definitely included) were disappointed with the team we had. It’s crazy isn’t it?
I seem to try my best not to give Lord the praise he deserves, no idea why, I’m just a pessimist I guess but these are the same group of players that I was tearing my hair out with a few weeks ago (I wanted four or five changes I think) and now look at us. Whilst I agree with your post that we don’t seem to be firing yet or seem to have the strength and depth of last year, surely this turnaround has to be down to the coaching. Yes we’ll get out played and even may be out coached on occasion (doesn’t every one?!) but given the turn around surely Lord has to be given credit for this. He’s the first one to stand in front of the cameras and take the wrap when things aren’t going well but he’s no where to be seen when things are going well, in terms of talking about his role. It’s players first. Fair play....Andrew Lord has to be given the credit he rightly deserves. He’s stood by his principles and his recruitment and done what he’s supposed to do. Coached and lead his players.
Nice work Mr Lord and thank you.

At the same time, Panthers fans, with all their early season euro and domestic success, saying it's the best team since who knows when are now asking if changes need to be made.
Funny old game eh!!!

We hadn’t been playing well until a few weeks ago so understandable how opinions have changed quickly. Crucial time with all the festive fixtures. Looking at the number of games the Giants have played on the road I think they’re favourites. They have something like 22 home fixtures and only about 8 away fixtures to come. Makes our fixtures against them vital.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

One of the biggest factors in our success of last season and so far this, is our ability to still pick up points during our bad spells. Steelers and Panthers have both gone on very baron spells in the past 2 years. We have bad spells but we still pick up points, albeit with bad performances.

Good win last night. Lord has really got the team rolling now.

It’ll be interesting when all teams are playing to there respective potential. Being top of a competitive league carries far more praise than our current position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

The team performance has improved because of a combination of factors - settled d pairings, the return of key players like Haddad and Faryna from long injury spells, players understanding their roles, the genius impact of Tyson Strachan and Lordo's coaching. The combination of stability, mental strength and flexibilty along with careful injury management has arrived all at the same time. Long may it continue.

Far too early to start talking about winning trophies - only half way through the season with so much hockey left to play. The league is so close already this season and our team are going to be in a dogfight with Giants and a couple of others for the next 3 months. Belfast have clocked fantastic results on the road - now they enter a long spell of home games to help them. Devils will have to make their road spell in February really count, and those conference games are yet to come.

Let's enjoy the ride for as long as we can.The Boys just need to keep working hard in this groove, focussing on one game at a time.

Slartibartfast

This makes me laugh in a good way. It’s a good post. We’re now talking or not wanting to talk about a league title. A few weeks ago some of us (me definitely included) were disappointed with the team we had. It’s crazy isn’t it?
I seem to try my best not to give Lord the praise he deserves, no idea why, I’m just a pessimist I guess but these are the same group of players that I was tearing my hair out with a few weeks ago (I wanted four or five changes I think) and now look at us. Whilst I agree with your post that we don’t seem to be firing yet or seem to have the strength and depth of last year, surely this turnaround has to be down to the coaching. Yes we’ll get out played and even may be out coached on occasion (doesn’t every one?!) but given the turn around surely Lord has to be given credit for this. He’s the first one to stand in front of the cameras and take the wrap when things aren’t going well but he’s no where to be seen when things are going well, in terms of talking about his role. It’s players first. Fair play....Andrew Lord has to be given the credit he rightly deserves. He’s stood by his principles and his recruitment and done what he’s supposed to do. Coached and lead his players.
Nice work Mr Lord and thank you.

Agreed. The thing I like about Lord is his honesty. He admits he is not perfect and is continuously learning. He had a lot of challenges this season. He has 8 new players this season to fit into a team. Most of these players were new to the league and injuries have meant players constantly coming in and out. Has he made mistakes? Im sure he has. He is human. But to be where we are now with the challenges he has had is a great achievement.
He has done well to stay motivated. We have all been pessimistic at times. Forums are by their nature negative places. There are always 3 times as many posts for a loss than a win. We may think that it doesn't affect the team but this is the first year I have seen this management hint that it does get to them and the players.
I think as customers it is fair and right to give criticism where it is due but it would be nice to see more praise heaped when warranted. We are after all supporters (the key part of the word being support).