Man, I wish he'd stayed...

d20

Yeah Paddy Scott was a good player ,was MK's best and guesting for us s few times in the play offs ,settled in easily with the Devils

sjkelly07

Travis Brigley is the standout player in this thread, such an impact in a short space of time. But a player I haven't seen mentioned, played a few seasons in our league, but only one as a Devil, loved his skating style was Kim Ahlroos.

jenks33

Travis Brigley is the standout player in this thread, such an impact in a short space of time. But a player I haven't seen mentioned, played a few seasons in our league, but only one as a Devil, loved his skating style was Kim Ahlroos.
Yeah I was a bit surprised nobody mentioned Ahlroos. Especially as a few people have mentioned Zima and Poulsen. Ahlroos probably made more of an impression at Newcastle and Nottingham but I still rated him for us. I remember a match against Newcastle Jesters that we won 8-0, Jesters were a poor team but Ahlroos and Poulsen were outstanding that night.

There has been many. Far more than the worst. Doug Smail for me as a player, that guy got through players like a knife through butter, met Cadieux in a chippy after an away game, was a really nice guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenks33

38 points from 45 games ain't crap.
I was slightly disappointed with Goulet to be honest. I remember looking at his ECHL stats and thinking this guy is going to set the league alight, it didn’t really happen for him though. Two seasons before he arrived in Cardiff he was the 5th highest points scorer in the ECHL (ahead of players like Cullen, Kowalsky, Courteney, Deschatelets) but to just scrape into the top 20 scorers in the EIHL was a bit of a let down. He should have been right up there with Awada, Dutiaume, Courteney etc. The ECHL was a better league than the EIHL back then and he also went back to the coast and put up decent numbers. I bet if you asked Goulet if he was pleased with his season in the UK he would say no

tim78

Louis Goulet was a decent player hard working constantly battling in corners, definitely far from this list imho. He wasn't a play maker but we were getting over the Cullen Matsos Rempel line.

E.D.S.

I was slightly disappointed with Goulet to be honest. I remember looking at his ECHL stats and thinking this guy is going to set the league alight, it didn’t really happen for him though. Two seasons before he arrived in Cardiff he was the 5th highest points scorer in the ECHL (ahead of players like Cullen, Kowalsky, Courteney, Deschatelets) but to just scrape into the top 20 scorers in the EIHL was a bit of a let down. He should have been right up there with Awada, Dutiaume, Courteney etc. The ECHL was a better league than the EIHL back then and he also went back to the coast and put up decent numbers. I bet if you asked Goulet if he was pleased with his season in the UK he would say no
Completely agree. Needed more numbers for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk