Worst devils player ever

wildthing74

Millette will probably win this every time it is debated yet he probably had more good will than an crap player of the past as the fans willed him to do wel but he just didn't have it.That era team did feature some of my favourite all time Devils so evened out him being so poor.

Trent Andison was a close second. Shocker of a player and to think of who he came in to replace made it even harder to take.He did somehow bag a hat-trick in one of his last games,maybe even his final game in Bracknell but he was awful and could hardly skate.

As others said Rama for sure in recent years but want kind of buffoon signs a guy who has been teaching for the previous few years and not playing?Whilst he was poor he simply should not have been here to begin with.

dave

To Mention Todd Gillingham you have to put John Brill in the Mix. Millette like most say is the easy option to say due to expectation and points others were putting up but IMHO is not in the top 5 (unless its only imports as you have the likes of Paul Guilcher otherwise). Andison and Graton look worse due to their repacements but I think only Andison would make that top 5.

His main problem was that as an enforcer, how do you follow Mike MacWilliam?
Even Voth would have had his work cut out as Mike had it all, he could check, he could intimidate,
he play but hell, he could fight like no other. Even Mike Ware who was at Sheffield at the time gave him a wide berth
on numerous occasions.

James

Administrator
Obituary for Rod Hinks
Unexpectedly at his residence on Thursday, September 18, 2014 at the age of 41. Beloved son of Hilda and the late Jim Hinks. Loving brother of Joleen Gruber (Jeff) and Laurie Crabtree (Michael). Cherished uncle of 2 nephews. Rod will be fondly remembered for his great sense of humour, kind and gentle nature and passion for the game of hockey. He was drafted to the New York Islanders in 1993 and played most of his professional career in Europe. He attended Lord Elgin High School, Mohawk College and was a long time employee at Wave Ice Rinks. Celebration of Rod’s life will be held at Emma’s Back Porch, 2084 Old Lakeshore Rd, Burlington on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 from 5-8p.m. Those wishing to make a donation in memory of Rod are asked to please consider Canadian Tire Jumpstart.

kingmo19.1

Jeez, if Bob Milette is reading this - Merry Xmas!
I hope this thread is now done.
I'd like to see the reaction of a few of the contributors we're their names included in a players thread titled 'Worst Devils fan ever' !

Johnnybravo1927

Thread starter #57
How has this thread descended into the last 2 comments? An interesting thread with good contributers descends into somebody thinking old players read this board and will be upset and personal vendettas. Unreal. No wonder so many people ridicule this site on twitter

Chris

Administrator
How has this thread descended into the last 2 comments? An interesting thread with good contributers descends into somebody thinking old players read this board and will be upset and personal vendettas. Unreal. No wonder so many people ridicule this site on twitter
I actually think the most interesting thing about these threads is how some of the most vocal people are openly naming players they consider to be absolute garbage, but when people mention current/more recent players there's an instant backlash.

You just have to look at some of the more recent game threads to see how people react.

What is the decider in this case? Why is it acceptable to openly name players that were thought to be bad, but it's not okay to mention current/recent ex players when results haven't gone our way?

Foxy

Jeez, if Bob Milette is reading this - Merry Xmas!
I hope this thread is now done.
I'd like to see the reaction of a few of the contributors we're their names included in a players thread titled 'Worst Devils fan ever' !
How to kill a thread..........

ASHIPP

I actually think the most interesting thing about these threads is how some of the most vocal people are openly naming players they consider to be absolute garbage, but when people mention current/more recent players there's an instant backlash.

What is the decider in this case? Why is it acceptable to openly name players that were thought to be bad, but it's not okay to mention current/recent ex players when results haven't gone our way?
The former players are just that - former. Perhaps fans don't hold the same sort of 'loyalty' (I can't think of the right word here) to those guys once they have left and feel comfortable criticising them. I would imagine criticism of current players must get back to them - one current player closed down his Twitter account because of it, Lordo has also mentioned that the current players know about fan criticism so it must be fed back or they read it.

Personally being overly critical of a player who doesn't play for the Devils anymore is wasted energy - it won't change anything in the here and now or the future. A negative exercise. Just my opinion.