Great Weekend

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Fantastic weekend for us guys, two awesome wins by us, the other lot all over the place, if we can take maximum points next weekend then we surely are sending out a message of intent. In 2 days the league has been turned on its head, and it looks like a three horse race. And us being in the mix is surely a choker for the rest. Giants work their Nutts off have a ton of talent, and can play physical anytime they like, Panthers have already shown what a class act they can be, rule them out at your peril, physical talented and a team capable of beating anyone, then there's us, who on our day can put away anyone, and that means anyone. When we play as we can, we are the team that the other lot hate, due to the fact jealousy is one horrific emotion. This is season 2 of having a team to shout about, a team that just when you think they ain't doing it, they turn around and just do it, a team that when you think they can't hack it, turn around and shove your thoughts up your backside, a coach that knows exactly why he is the coach, and we ain't, if there's something I have learnt it's this, these guys are the professionals, and we are the armchair coaches in la la
land. All in all the season so far in fairness has been entertaining, it has had its low points, and like every season it's a roller coaster ride, I have had weekends of wanting to slit my wrists, and weekends of pure, pure utopia, it's called being a fan of the Cardiff Devils. At the end of the day it's the best ticket in Cardiff, we come back every season for a reason, and that's because we ain't no ones dummies this is without any doubt the greatest sport on the planet, we know it that's why we are the Red Army , just one thing to say now, HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

it, a team that says when you think we are average

ASHIPP

In the words of Captain Sidney Crosby explaining how he kept the Penguins focused on the long road to numerous Stanley Cup finals- 'I tell the guys not to get too high with the highs, or too low with the lows. There is a lot of hockey still to be played'.

It's the same 4 teams are making up the top 4 in the league as Friday night just in slightly different positions and on slightly different points.

A brilliant 4 point weekend for the Devils, massive for confidence and consistency. Still a lot of hockey still to be played.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Thread starter #4
Welcome back, Wannabe. You had me worried.
All good now Steve thank you, threw a bit of a wobbly mate, us OLD TIMERS can be a bit fickle at times. But our wonderful club again came to the rescue, as they always do. When these guys play like they can it should be free on the NHS, perhaps I could get our webcast shown at every OAP homes in cardiff, and let them feel 18 for a few hours on the weekend, just like me, sometimes I feel a bit selfish not sharing this buzz with all the other OLDER PEOPLE,, or OLDER PERSON as my season ticket says. Anyway the Zimmer frame, and attitude has been packed back away, and having a blast is back on track. Let's go you beauties.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
PS thanks for your concern.