Nottingjham Panthers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 9 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/updates

Hedd Wyn John

Fantastic win for the Devils but let’s not get cocky. The Panthers still have 2 games in hand and there’s clearly a need to improve our PP.

ASHIPP

Who cares what order the teams are in at the moment. It's going to change a bit between now and the end of the season. Only thing our Guys need to focus on is winning their next game. Don't worry what's happening with everyone else.

Outsider

It's funny to read a post that say's "our PP needs work " because we went 0 for 8 tonight and 1 for 6 last night. If you look at those 2 games it's very easy to come to that conclusion but the Devils PP is a very respectable 22%. It's also easy to look at the line and say we were 0 for 8 so it needs work. Now I didn't see the game tonight so was it disorganized ? Did they get many good shots ? Did they have a hard time getting out of their zone ? Did they have a hard time getting through the neutral zone ? Did they have a tough time on the entry into the offensive zone ? What needs work ? Because a team doesn't score doesn't always mean it was not good or needs work . Sometimes you need to tip your hat at the other team. Maybe their goaltender stood on his head and stopped everything. How about the PK ?. Does that get a pass because they killed off all of them tonight. Having your PK at 76% is well below acceptable and that's what needs more work.

Wannabe2

Huge Huge result tonight, because had the Panthers taken the win, they would most certainly have been in a very commanding position. They are having one wicked season this year, beating most that stand in front of them, standing top of the league, and beating some awesome European teams. Playing at home and feeling mighty good about themselves, they were quite rightly confident tonight. But we all know that when this team plays to its potential, there ain't no one better, if all teams played to their full ability, we would still be on top. I throw a wobbly when I am being a arse, but when I ain't I certainly realise this team is completely capable of repeating all of our successes last season. Can't tell you how much I was shitting myself tonight, we were certainly in command, but in sport anything can happen. Same again next weekend please guys.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

jenks33

It's funny to read a post that say's "our PP needs work " because we went 0 for 8 tonight and 1 for 6 last night. If you look at those 2 games it's very easy to come to that conclusion but the Devils PP is a very respectable 22%. It's also easy to look at the line and say we were 0 for 8 so it needs work. Now I didn't see the game tonight so was it disorganized ? Did they get many good shots ? Did they have a hard time getting out of their zone ? Did they have a hard time getting through the neutral zone ? Did they have a tough time on the entry into the offensive zone ? What needs work ? Because a team doesn't score doesn't always mean it was not good or needs work . Sometimes you need to tip your hat at the other team. Maybe their goaltender stood on his head and stopped everything. How about the PK ?. Does that get a pass because they killed off all of them tonight. Having your PK at 76% is well below acceptable and that's what needs more work.
It’s a funny one. I think our powerplay is second in the league so we must be doing something right. For me though it still isn’t firing on all cylinders. I hate to be negative after such a positive weekend but I feel Paris is getting too much ice time on the PP. There’s no doubting that he has a hell of a shot but I’m just not sure his vision is that great. He doesn’t know when to shoot or when to pass in my opinion (and he takes too long to get the shot off). I went to both matches this weekend and our creativity on our numerous 5 on 3 opportunities was disappointing. Having said all that I was chuffed with our effort this weekend and the table makes pretty reading right know.

ASHIPP

The hope with powerplays is eventually to score. But their purpose is to draw opposition players out of position, getting shots in on net to create chances, get the goalie moving/ guessing when the puck is going to come in. Can only do that with a fluid pp system with quick recycling. A predictable, static pp limits chances when players are hesitant to pass or take a shot.

Thought Richie was on the 1st pp unit with Hoth last season....and then Lordo slotted in some defensively good forwards on occassion like Haddad, Culligan, Myers IIRC.

Excellent result!!
Yes, there is still work to do on special teams but it’s going in the right direction.
What we now need is to put a few more results together and see how Nottingham react to pressure.
After all it’s nearly Xmas, and traditionally it’s the time of year the Panthers implode!!
Here’s hoping!