Drummer

Temme

Just FYI on the drumming piece (I'm assuming you mean Sean & his dad at the back of the home end)

If you stand next to them they are perfectly in-time and very talented drummers.

If you stand half way around the rink, they are moderately out of time
If you stand at the far end of the rink, they are completely out of time that they'll be drumming while you're shouting "Devils".

Perspective is a wonderful thing, you have fans all around the rink copying the person next to them singing "Devils" at the same time (all in sync), yet the drummers are only in one place & therefore the sound will take different lengths of time to reach you.

So unfortunately, unless you move your seat next to them - you won't get the full benefit.

Thread starter #5
Just FYI on the drumming piece (I'm assuming you mean Sean & his dad at the back of the home end)

If you stand next to them they are perfectly in-time and very talented drummers.

If you stand half way around the rink, they are moderately out of time
If you stand at the far end of the rink, they are completely out of time that they'll be drumming while you're shouting "Devils".

Perspective is a wonderful thing, you have fans all around the rink copying the person next to them singing "Devils" at the same time (all in sync), yet the drummers are only in one place & therefore the sound will take different lengths of time to reach you.

So unfortunately, unless you move your seat next to them - you won't get the full benefit.
I actually sit very close in block 5 and it's still out of time

Johnnybravo1927

There is on occasion a gentleman in a wheelchair behind block 16/17 who has a drum and he is miles out of time. From where I sit in block 8, sean and his father are perfectly fine and I also used to play the drums (badly)

Couldn’t disagree more with them OP, I sit (or mostly stand) right next to them at the back of the block and the two of them are very talented drummers and are very rarely out of time. Obviously at the other end of the rink, it sounds terribly out of time, but behind ‘our’ goal they’re brilliant.

pjj365

Couldn’t disagree more with them OP, I sit (or mostly stand) right next to them at the back of the block and the two of them are very talented drummers and are very rarely out of time. Obviously at the other end of the rink, it sounds terribly out of time, but behind ‘our’ goal they’re brilliant.
Agreed from block 1 and let's praise tonight's young stand in for the first period. A talent in the making

ASHIPP

Our drummers do a great job. More concerned with the complete ineptitude of the crowd sometimes as the chanting starts up.........then fades into silence. Our drummers can't do it on their own. They have a hard task.

Must admit I was mightily impressed with the sound of the Flames' drums - they were LOUD! Could do with one of those.

Can't wait until JoeyHaddad'sPIMS and other similar accounts let us know their views on this topic...
Hey, I resemble that comment :)
Maybe I would have picked something different if i'd known that some of the goofy usernames were sock puppet alters for previously banned users but you live and learn.
Oh + I like drums, I think it adds to the tribal atmosphere.

Must admit I was mightily impressed with the sound of the Flames' drums - they were LOUD! Could do with one of those.
Extremely loud, I was sitting in 19 but could hear them fairly clearly even when the music was on.