Manchester Storm v Cardiff Devils - Sat 2 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

It's back to Manchester for some League action in a building that reminds us of the beloved BBT...

The Storm do offer a webcast service you can also rely on the dependable MNL as we will be running the "ridiculously childish" and "disgustingly biased" Match Night Live service for this game, all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com and we are happy to list all, well the printable ones anyway.

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

If you want a chat about whats needed send a PM to Nott Simpson :)

kettdevil1

Big, big game tonight, we have been far too inconsistent recently but in big games we generally raise our game, Manchester away is a big game so I am looking forward to a cracker on the ice and the normal friendly welcome off the ice.

ASHIPP

Humiliated by Storm early on in the season. Another massive game in a very tough place but the Devils must start taking points off teams above them to strengthen their position in the league.

The Devils have an excellent chance to make some real progress in December....but they have to make all those games count, especially as they have valuable games in hand over some teams above them. Panthers and Steelers have terrible schedules (play each other 3 times) and Panthers play Storm and Giants twice each.

Every game is huge now, every opponent dangerous. Devils have to overcome their inconsistency to really show some progress. A great opportunity.

Rob Batch

6-1 last time we met. I expect a genuine statement of intent in this game. The long awaited return of Haddad should boost our confidence and lines. Fine time to go on a winning streak !

BostonBart22

6-1 last time we met. I expect a genuine statement of intent in this game. The long awaited return of Haddad should boost our confidence and lines. Fine time to go on a winning streak !
Be surprised if haddad plays this one and will have little icetime tomoz...finnerty will target him big time on their small ice with their big core of players, big risk for me if he plays,,hope not..

august04

I expect Storm to play a very physical game tonight, hope we're up for it. I wouldn’t have Haddad in the line up this evening, wait until tomorrow.

Vartel

Watching the stream. The delay of game penalty on the storm goalie seems very harsh. goal knocked off in the course of saving a puck. Similar things happened in bbt every week without penalty

edit, the storm commentators are getting more bias in favour of the storm as the game goes on

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Crap game, camera too wide, commentary could put a glass eye to sleep, getting bullied again, looks like Faryna is injured, hasn't returned to ice.Two poor teams on the ice tonight. Really miss last seasons team, it's all getting a bit boring now.

kettdevil1

Interesting how people see things differently but I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight. Cracking atmosphere, great travelling support, lovely locals and two teams battling to a standstill. On the face of it the ref had a poor game but to be fair to him, there was so much going on behind the play that he would need several pairs of eyes to spot it. The ongoing feud between Joey Martin and several Storm players was a particular highlight.

I thought Fournier was outstanding but mentions too, to Martin, Pope and Myers who all took the game to Manchester and refused to be bullied.

Not maybe a great performance in terms of pure hockey but a character performance.... standing up to a team intent on bullying us and beating the league leaders makes for a decent evening in my book.

wildthing74

Tough game tonight and pretty end to end with both teams having a go.Huge losing both Faryna & Batch early in the second as lost a lot of grit on the front end but we battled for 60 plus minutes and looked like we snatched the win in regulation before yet again succumbing to a late goal.

Fournier scored two superb wristers on the PP and carried on his superd form of late.It was quite a chippy game and even the likes of Joey Martin was giving a bit back and standing up for himself and team mates.If anything I thought Storm would have been more aggressive and I genuinely thought Rosehill wasn't playing until I noticed him about half way through.

Fanatic to see Haddad back and he slotted in and played his regular shift as well as time on the PK and looked like he's been on the ice for a while so not out of place.Myers had another good game with the extra burden after losing his line mates.

I didn't see what happened to Batch but Faryna collided heaving into the boards when he went in for a check and got tangled up with the Storm player.He looked out of If when he was taken off and the pulled the curtains when he was taken to the room.Hopefully it's not another concussion as obviously that could be a significant spell out.

Even though we have been there quite a few times now since our move to IAW I can appreciate even more when teams hated coming to BBT as having seen us on the big ice for nearly 2 years it's incredible how quick the guy is on you and there is so little room so it's a scrappy game at times especially 5 on 5.

Whilst it was frustrating not taking it in regulation this was a massive 2 points against a tough and inform side so if we can get a win tomorrow for 6 points in a week we can hopefully start to build some momentum with huge games coming up.

terry hunt

I agree any win up there is good news.
You are right about Wannabe Steve i suspect his beer or wine was off last night.
Wales and the Devils winning i would have thought he would be chuffed