Cardiff Devils v Dundee Stars - Sun 3 Dec 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

DEVILS will have a battle on their hands
to overcome the Stars defensive mindset.

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' and unique Match Night Live service for this game as always expect some name calling, slurs and more bad jokes, all this at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

With the game likely to be SOLD OUT so MNL is the place to be for play by play text coverage.

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com or text MNL on 07527 625206

Hey guys I’m taking my daughter tonight she is 3 yrs old do I need two seats or do she sit in my lap?
Also do they charge for a 3yr old?

ASHIPP

Depending on the injuries to 2 of our players last night, will Piggsie and Rutkis be playing? Wonder if Lordo will decide to play tonight or coach from the bench like last night?

solelace84

Depending on the injuries to 2 of our players last night, will Piggsie and Rutkis be playing? Wonder if Lordo will decide to play tonight or coach from the bench like last night?
Hoping for the former. Love seeing the energy Piggsie brings, and would like to see Rutkiss get some icetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jenks33

3-2 vs Dundee at home doesn’t look great but I thought that was a decent performance to be honest. I think the scoreline flatters them a bit and I think 3-0 or 4-0 would have been a fair scoreline after two periods. God knows how their first goal was given, I thought it was one of the more obvious kicking motions I’ve seen. All our players on the ice knew it was a kicking motion so I’m not sure why Lord didn’t use his coaches challenge.
I’ve said it a few times lately but we desperately need Pope to start firing. Nice to see him get two goals against Edinburgh but he’s been quiet in general. I think he was brought in to replace Doucet’s goal and we’re really missing a sniper at the moment.
I think we saw tonight how much we’ve missed haddad. Great performance. I don’t think another player on our team would have scored the goal he scored tonight.

Ejercito Rojas

Shame Murdy wasn’t given the start tonight - he must’ve getting a bit peeved off.

We ain’t playing anywhere near well enough to consider starting with the back-up I’m afraid.
However, there is also the argument that starting the backup could encourage the Devils to be more defensively responsible and not so Gung ho and giving up shed loads of odd man rushes!
But on balance I believe that you play your best team when your trying to get some consistency.

august04

Another 2 points in the bag but we made hard work of that against a very limited Stars team. I thought the quality on show tonight was pretty poor.
Great news about the Devils operating IAW. No wonder all the lights are working again! Onwards and upwards as a club, I just wish there was more to enjoy about this years team.

RedDevil17

Good win against a poor stars team. We failed to take our chances we really should’ve won by more. These wins are papering over the cracks with us grinding out results. One of the best moments of the night has to be McGiffin celebration...what a clown and that was comedy gold! Hilarious. Good 2 points though overall and onwards and upwards

Hedd Wyn John

Yeah the Devils dominated the game and the score really didn’t reflect that. A few more goals would have been nice but a win is a win, the fact that Devils didn’t panic when the Stars pulled it back to 3-2 was good.

matbur

A win in which we were stronger than what the scoreline suggests. Missing a couple of players so lines had to reshuffle, got the win and made it a four point weekend. All in all, a good weekend. My only grip is the how quiet our top line was tonight, all three pretty quiet in my view.

Very interesting development re Devils taking over day to day running of the IAW.

Foxy

Should really have scored a lot more against Dundee. Wasnt overly impressed with them. Fullerton certainly kept them in the game.

Whats the bit about Devils now running the rink. Is this the run up to owners buying the rink outright?

ASHIPP

Missing another 2 players tonight but Devils knuckled down and ground the result. 2 valuable points whether the scoreline was 3-2 or 6-2.

3 games in 5 days and building a bit of consistency. Certainly in a better position this week than last. Just hope our injured players are ok and recover well. We might have an update during the week.