Steelers release deveraux...

Thread starter #1
No one likes the steelers but fair play to them they have balls of steel..

Too bad we don’t follow suit when someone is not playing good etc...

solelace84

Nobody knows why he has been released yet, although we can all speculate that it’s down to his wanton temper...

He has 8 points in 9 games, so it can’t be down to his hockey ability....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Have to agree here. Hate Steelers and Thompson all you want, if he signs someone to help the team and they don't live up to expectation or something doesn't work out, he doesn't hestitate to take action....for the good of the team. By making changes they haven"t done too badly in recent years.

Don’t like the Steelers, don’t really know why.

Having said that any club could adopt a caring ethos, it’s not difficult, it’s not rocket science. Giving players time to improve, settle in works with inexperienced players, development teams. It’s different for ex NHL, AHL players with 10 yrs + at various clubs, they should hit the ice and perform within days, not months. The club should have enough coaching experience in spotting issues. I’m willing to state clubs have a tough ethos because not being tough ultimately does not work. Steelers are not afraid to cut a player who is not fulfilling the required standard of performance at a point in the season to turn performance around. I don’t know how clubs choose there players, but it seems most clubs suffer from the same issue, players don’t fit into the team, maybe it’s that same method that makes recruitment so hit and miss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

That guy was an accident waiting to happen, surprised they took a gamble on him in the first place.
I loathe Sheffield but if they’re not in contention, they’re ruthless enough to make the necessary changes to ensure they are challenging for every title (although this appears to be a different situation). I wouldn’t want our club to behave the way they do sometimes but ours feels a bit too comfortable for non performing players at times. I find it baffling that we haven’t tried to shake things up a little more this past month or so.

. I find it baffling that we haven’t tried to shake things up a little more this past month or so.
Could be a confidence issue, lack of it, could simply be we don’t actually have a list of players to choose from, maybe few are wanting to play at Cardiff. It could also be we have several lined up about to be announced, we just have to wait. Steve’s been silent last few weeks though, maybe he’s bad at keepin secrets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be Careful what you wish for...a certain previous owner enjoyed releasing players for fun and described the team as a 'revolving door'. Morale was on the floor in the dressing room and if it wasn't for Mac the team would have fallen to pieces. Its a balance but I wouldn't want us to be like Sheffield.

jimmy snels

Certainly wouldnt want a revolving door but i also feel if there is clearly an issue in a certain role or position or massively underwhelming performances a couple of changes can also give a kick up the arse to those not giving 100% every shift to perform as well as the obvious change in actual person.

ASHIPP

I think you can replace him but you still have to play one import down for the duration of any game bans.

Some Steelers' fans discussing the merits of signing Ashley Tait for a few weeks to cover this. A Brit legend, released by MK, who has played for Steelers before.