Match Night Experience

Thread starter #22
shoot the puck instead of zorb football, pick 3 sth holders from 3 different blocks each week... pick me first...
Bad idea to exclude non ST holders - these are the guys they want to become future ST holders! Although, I like the shoot the puck idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Replace ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzorb football with shoot the puck - much more interesting.

Even get the juniors on for a few minutes for a 4-4 mini-game.

Why not show some 'Devils Flashback' clips on the screens during the intervals.

ASHIPP

Love the idea of the Juniors coming on every few games showcasing their drills. Used to happen then it stopped for some reason.

Not only great fun to watch but would show newcomer fans the links the Club has at various levels of the sport, whilst promoting commitment to development from a young age. Might convert a few new youngsters at the same time.

Used to have the Cardiff ice dance juniors doing the same. The ensemble were very talented.

Thread starter #25
I would love to see the junior devils on the ice during the intermissions. I guess the club makes a bit of money from chuck a puck, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be viable to get them on in place of zorb football!

I’m not entirely sure of the logistics and planning of intermission entertainment, but the club could do a vote on twitter before each weekend to see which of shoot the puck, zorb football, or jr devils the fans wanted. Eliminates the complaining then too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leighton

Me and my son were discussing this on the way home from the game on sunday. He plays for the U13's and would love a 5 minute game in front of 3000 fans, even if only for fun, it would be wicked.

Jr devils 1st period, chuck a puck 2nd period..

Rob Batch

I thought that there was some issues with the ice after period breaks. Would it not be better to send the zamboni out at the beginning of period breaks to give the ice more time to freeze? Ignorance is strength.

I would say Devils have the better match night experience in the league but as I'm not at every game can see that it might feel repetitive every weekend.

Maybe mixing it up and alternating the period break entertainment each week would keep it fresh.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Diafol

I would hazard a guess that most of us on this forum have STs ?
What's the split in the average crowd, 1/3 ST to 2/3 "casuals" ?

Therefore most people on any given game night won't have seen Zorb football often / at all, or heard the playlist, so for them the entertainment is still fresh.

One thing which I think definitely should happen due to the lack of phone signal is announcing the scores of the other games around the league in the period breaks or suitable breaks in play.
It's just a small thing but I think lots of us get frustrated not knowing what's going on.

I've heard that Lordo doesn't like to hear the other scores during the game. Not sure if this is him personally, or he wants to keep the team focussed on their own game?
Can't see the issue with flashing the scores on the big screen during the break though, without announcing them?

Earnie

Following on from Devlass , there will be occasions when it is best that such information is not known during the game- especially at the end of the season.
You can always walk into the bar and pick up a signal and find out for yourself.

Yea I hate the fact it says 6pm face off and 6pm is when the teams enter the ice then anthems players to be called out etc.
It’s always 6.10 face off...

Also any news on the WiFi??
We had a sheet we had to fill in a few months back marking things out of 10...
anything been improved yet??

august04

I've heard that Lordo doesn't like to hear the other scores during the game. Not sure if this is him personally, or he wants to keep the team focussed on their own game?
Can't see the issue with flashing the scores on the big screen during the break though, without announcing them?
I’d also like to see the out of town score updates on the scoreboard during period breaks. No need to announce them if Lord doesn’t want to know. Just put them on screen for the rest of us to see.
No updates on WiFi for ages, assuming that ain’t going to happen?