Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sun 26 Nov 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Its time for the REAL DEVILS to stand up and be challenging

After recent performances the DEVILS have to show that they can still mount a league campaign.

So get down to Ice Arena Wales to support them - if for whatever reason you cannot get to the IAW then
IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

ASHIPP

Before the home against Belfast, there is the little matter of Fife Flyers on Saturday night to take on. That team with the awesome powerplay and that forward Gaulthier who scored 4 goals against Devils last weekend.

Both Giants and Flyers are above Devils in the league at the moment (Fife with a game in hand over Devils). Think everyone knows what's required for our team to show some progress.

Last edited:

Temme

If we win these two forthcoming games all will be forgotten!
Still leaves us with 2 wins in our last 5, however away to Fife /home to Belfast is about as rough as weekends come, even with flying between games.

Fife is a notoriously hard barn to play in and Belfast have that pest Rutherford back in the line-up.

Should be a tasty weekend :)

I am planning on bidding on one of these shirts after the game tonight, this auction thing is new to me, so hoping someone can advise.
  • can you pay for these using a credit card ? or is it just cash only / bank card
  • is it like old school auction, scratch your nose and you bid is counted, or is it online type bidding
  • what sort of prices should I expect to pay. roughly. I understand that some will be more popular than others
  • are they auctioned lowest to highest with regards to # on the back or is it random.
  • is there likely to be a blood jersey ?
sorry for the many question, appreciate any feedback.

Paul Sullivan

I am planning on bidding on one of these shirts after the game tonight, this auction thing is new to me, so hoping someone can advise.
  • can you pay for these using a credit card ? or is it just cash only / bank card
  • Pretty sure you can, but can't guarantee.
  • is it like old school auction, scratch your nose and you bid is counted, or is it online type bidding
  • Old school - raise your hand, or catch Todd's eye and nod, etc
  • what sort of prices should I expect to pay. roughly. I understand that some will be more popular than others
  • Anyone's guess on such a unique jersey, but I would expect some decent prices for these. Then again, I could be utterly wrong!
  • are they auctioned lowest to highest with regards to # on the back or is it random.
  • Whatever order Todd is handed them, but he likes to space out some of the bigger name players so will sometimes refuse one until a little later. It's always obvious which one is up for bidding though.
  • is there likely to be a blood jersey ?
  • There could be three, as that's about the usual amount needed for a game, though they might be using regular white blood jerseys as backup for the Sunday game.
sorry for the many question, appreciate any feedback.
Hope that helps - sorry some of it is vague but these auctions are fairly moveable feasts :)

ASHIPP

Massive game tonight to get back on track. Giants are in the ascendancy right now after key players returning from injury and the re-signing of David Rutherford. Saviano got 6 points in one game last weekend and EIHL player of the week.

Giants have formidable forward lines. Devils' defence needs to be rocksolid and don't let Giants get any time on the puck. If our Guys can stay completely focused and find a way past Whistle (they have before), who knows.

Hoping for a great Devils' performance and, if they work hard and smart, the points they need.

jenks33

I probably would have taken 3 points at the start of the weekend but to concede with 5 seconds remaining was a sickener. Very unlike Richie to unnecessarily throw his stick at that puck as it would have been a straight forward save for Bowns. Belfast deserved it though with the amount of pressure they were putting on us. A few other points
-I think Belfast have been the better team 5 on 5 in both games down here.
-How they didn’t get a few more unsportsmanlike conduct penalties tonight was a joke. Sylvestre, Connolly, Riley,Goulakos,Vandermeer all could have had two or three pens each! And I think I’m right in saying that Taffy got asked to go to the dressing room for his constant whinging.
-I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Lordo must be disappointed with his summer recruitment at the moment. I won’t name names but 4 of our new boys just haven’t improved this team one bit in my opinion.

I’m willing to state the Devils will absolutely abolish Belfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have purposely stayed away from the inferno as I cannot be asked to engage with the happy clappers. I said it a while back that our summer recruitment has been not as it should. Our mental strength is not there and our ability to close games out is missing also. We have passengers!!

I have purposely stayed away from the inferno as I cannot be asked to engage with the happy clappers. I said it a while back that our summer recruitment has been not as it should. Our mental strength is not there and our ability to close games out is missing also. We have passengers!!
I’m a happy clapper.........!!!!

Wannabe2

Entertaining game tonight, winning with 5 sec to go was a sickener. The difference between these two teams tonight to me, can be described in one four letter word, GRIT . One team had it tonight, and it wasn't us, take Faryna out of the equation and they bossed us, as a few teams have.

Value for money game, not a four pointer, but I’d take that game over a boring game, even if it means a loss of points. You cannot win every game, so when we do inevitably get a beating let’s stop rolling over and accepting it.

matbur

Interesting comment above which felt Giants were better than us in 5 vs 5, I actually felt we we the more dominant in 5 vs 5, particularly in the third.

3 points not too bad a return IMO