Cardiff Devils v Fife Flyers - Sat 18 Nov 2017 - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

I don’t know the ins & outs of contracts and whatnot. However if the coach does a post match interview as standard after a game then it creates the expectation that there will be one. On top of that if you suddenly don’t do an interview then it stands out.
Fair comment, but if I was the coach I don't think I would want to talk about that performance to anyone except the team, my head would be so up my arse.

august04

In fairness to Lord, he’s never ducked a post game interview, even after some horrible losses. Kelman is pretty forthright at the pre game fans Q&A's, perhaps he could do an interview with Icetime tv, reflecting on this past week and where he sees the team at the moment. Maybe give Lord a break from that duty as he’s got enough on his plate at the moment. Or perhaps it might be better to say nothing, I don’t know!

ASHIPP

Talking about it in interviews or press releases won't help resolve the issues. Who would want to face an interview after those performances?
Hope that time is instead invested wisely in hard preparation, analysis and training this week to try and fix at least some of what is wrong.
Give the organisation a break from press coverage this week and stay under the radar. Any media reports are only more negative publicity.

Last edited:
Talking about it in interviews or press releases won't help resolve the issues. Who would want to face an interview after those performances?
Hope that time is instead invested wisely in hard preparation, analysis and training this week to try and fix things.
Give the organisation a break from press coverage this week and stay under the radar. The reports are only more negative publicity.
Think you’re right on this one. What needs to be said, and on this weekends showing, there’s quite a lot, needs to be said behind closed doors!

Ocko

And do we really think that we would get what's really on his mind, what he has said to the players, what he plans to do? Of course not. This is Lord not Thommo. He's a professional. He would just say how unacceptable it is and how he wants to put it right. All we've missed out on is the company answer.

Paul Sullivan

For those not on twitter, JD has already stated that they recorded an interview with Lordo, but due to the activities on the ice the audio was unusable and therefore hasn't been posted.
I've filmed a tonne of things at ice level and the audio can totally ruin you quite easily.

There's no way Lordo EVER ducks a post game interview. Sadly because we see so much BS and shenanigans from some other teams, I can understand why some fans might be smelling fish. Fish free zone here, this is a transparent organisation.

As has been stated we’d only get the Company line. I’m not bothered, actions speak far greater than words. We just simply continue watching games, win or loose, it ultimately shouldn’t matter unless value for money becomes a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kingmo19.1

Suicidal play by Fournier for the Flyers 7th. Absolutely nobody near him, he panics, then attempts to play a totally unsighted pass to his winger without even looking. Xmas present for Fife that one!

I'm sorry, but that's a very very basic mistake.

youngbob

Only just watched the highlights

Plenty of comments on the Paris ejection, but what about the hit on Matthew at 9 seconds? They looks just as bad to me, why no 5 + game there?

Temme

Suicidal play by Fournier for the Flyers 7th. Absolutely nobody near him, he panics, then attempts to play a totally unsighted pass to his winger without even looking. Xmas present for Fife that one!

I'm sorry, but that's a very very basic mistake.
I'm saying this as a compliment to Fournier than something negative - if he could pass the puck as well as some others in our team he would be in a significantly better league than ours. He has a tendancy to flap on a puck quite regularly and picks out bad passes.
His skating and general hockey sense are absolutely phenomenal though.

kingmo19.1

I'm saying this as a compliment to Fournier than something negative - if he could pass the puck as well as some others in our team he would be in a significantly better league than ours. He has a tendancy to flap on a puck quite regularly and picks out bad passes.
His skating and general hockey sense are absolutely phenomenal though.
Completely agree with you on that. Shame we couldn't mold Hotham & Fournier together as their strengths/weaknesses counteract each other. Every player in our team has a weakness or two or three - hence finding their level at EIHL!

terry hunt

For those not on twitter, JD has already stated that they recorded an interview with Lordo, but due to the activities on the ice the audio was unusable and therefore hasn't been posted.
I've filmed a tonne of things at ice level and the audio can totally ruin you quite easily.

There's no way Lordo EVER ducks a post game interview. Sadly because we see so much BS and shenanigans from some other teams, I can understand why some fans might be smelling fish. Fish free zone here, this is a transparent organisation.
I agree Paul but i think we know what Lordo would say.He is probably the most honest coach in the EIHL and NEVER ducks responsibility.

To be honest Paris should’ve had the 5+game expunged from his record as DOPS have said that the onus was very much on Finucci and ‘the head was not the primary point of contact’. As I said previously, it was just a case of a ‘big guy checking a little guy’.
Overall though, happy that new DOPS adjudicated on this and not the lottery that was the old regime!

Slartibartfast

So it was the wrong call that cost us the game. Im glad Paris has been vindicated. I just don't understand some of the criticism of him both on this play and his ability in general. I could not see that he had done anything wrong at all. I also think he is a really skillful player who is great to watch. The way we imploded after losing him suggests he is an important member of the team.

ASHIPP

So it was the wrong call that cost us the game. Im glad Paris has been vindicated. I just don't understand some of the criticism of him both on this play and his ability in general. I could not see that he had done anything wrong at all. I also think he is a really skillful player who is great to watch. The way we imploded after losing him suggests he is an important member of the team.
The ejection of Paris from the game was not the reason why Devils lost the game. Other players in other games have been absent or ejected and the team have coped.

Last edited:

kristian

You can tell by the reaction of the players how drangerous a hit was. What i can remember no flyers player realy reacted. Personely the hit on myers after 9secs was far worse