Fans booing

I have to say I am bit baffled by the logic in this post. We lost today but how you can criticise the lack of desire is beyond me, bodies were being put on the line all over the ice and I really didn’t see anybody phoning in their performance. Same up in Dundee on Wednesday, lots of gutsy plays and frankly an unlucky loss. Before these three games weren’t we undefeated in six or something? I missed the Fife game so can’t comment on that one other than to say that it looks like disappointing on paper.

The problem at the moment appears to be a mental one. We lose the plot for a few minutes and then have to either chase the game or we panic.... not totally sure how booing is going to improve the confidence of players but maybe I am missing something.....
I think he was talking about the Fife game, which was an appalling display, lacking in desire, character and nous!

kettdevil1

I think he was talking about the Fife game, which was an appalling display, lacking in desire, character and nous!
Although the initial comment was about the problems in the DNA of the team.... completely accept that the Fife performance was a bad one but I would argue that the bigger picture is key here.

Although the initial comment was about the problems in the DNA of the team.... completely accept that the Fife performance was a bad one but I would argue that the bigger picture is key here.

And hereby lies the problem. As you say it’s about the big picture, problem is which is the real Devils?
They’re either very very good or very very bad!!

And hereby lies the problem. As you say it’s about the big picture, problem is which is the real Devils?
They’re either very very good or very very bad!!
On paper, they’re pretty good, better than the results suggest. This makes managing the team tough, players could potential feel the fault lies elsewhere and not of their making.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pleximan

I have to say I am bit baffled by the logic in this post. We lost today but how you can criticise the lack of desire is beyond me, bodies were being put on the line all over the ice and I really didn’t see anybody phoning in their performance. Same up in Dundee on Wednesday, lots of gutsy plays and frankly an unlucky loss. Before these three games weren’t we undefeated in six or something? I missed the Fife game so can’t comment on that one other than to say that it looks like disappointing on paper.

The problem at the moment appears to be a mental one. We lose the plot for a few minutes and then have to either chase the game or we panic.... not totally sure how booing is going to improve the confidence of players but maybe I am missing something.....
The Fife game.....disappointing on paper??? Well, thats one way to put it!
But you weren't at the game.

Unlucky defeats you say.....or simply that we were just not good enough to beat teams that we should be beating if we have any designs on winning/retaining trophies.

Going undefeated in 6 is great but really........championship teams should be doing that and more if they are serious about retaining/winning trophies, or perhaps we should be happy to simply be a mid table also ran this year. There are plenty of happy clappers who clap anything and will never criticise the team no matter how bad things get, I suspect you are very much one of those.

kettdevil1

The Fife game.....disappointing on paper??? Well, thats one way to put it!
But you weren't at the game.

Unlucky defeats you say.....or simply that we were just not good enough to beat teams that we should be beating if we have any designs on winning/retaining trophies.

Going undefeated in 6 is great but really........championship teams should be doing that and more if they are serious about retaining/winning trophies, or perhaps we should be happy to simply be a mid table also ran this year. There are plenty of happy clappers who clap anything and will never criticise the team no matter how bad things get, I suspect you are very much one of those.
Interesting observations.

I didn’t see the Fife game so can’t comment in detail, but I am still interested in your thoughts on Dundee, Nottingham and the previous six games. I did clap in each of those games and in the last two games, I am struggling to see the lack of desire you talk about. What I see is a team that is good but flawed, booing a team that seems to be low in confidence, luck and mental focus at key times seems to be a cognitively dissonant approach that I can’t quite understand.

Finny

I heard booing from above Block 19, but wasn't sure if it was aimed at the players or the officials who were leaving the ice at the same time.

Wannabe2

That's a very good point Mark, how much of the booing was against the officials, I have never, and would never boo the team, but that's just me.

Leighton

I heard booing from above Block 19, but wasn't sure if it was aimed at the players or the officials who were leaving the ice at the same time.
above block 19 is where all the corporate boxes are. possibly a group of first timers on a corporate jolly with a few too many shandies?

davew

I normally just take my shirt off, and turn my back on the team as they skate by... I can't say I heard any boos on saturday, but the teams inconsistency is getting to the point where boos are more likely to be heard.

Hogarth may have missed / incorrectly called some penalties, but i don't think he unduly affected the result. In fact I thought he was fairly restrained. When Lordo lost it with him an the bench I was expecting him to give Lord a misconduct or two, Darnell and Smithy definately would have.

Ocko

I don't really care if people boo but I don't get how people get so upset about it. The same on here. It's a game you aren't playing just watching, people are so overly emotional.

However bad you're probably feeling as a fan, if you've played any level of sport you'll know the players will be feeling a hell of a lot worse. They'll have the coach coming down on them, their family watch so their pride hurt, let their teammates down and their salary at stake.

jimmy snels

Half the rink left after the empty netter and not for the first time i heard lots of unhappy fans. Im not a booer but i can see why people would. No drama boos to me

youngbob

Left straight after final whistle, first time ever since 1993, yes there was booing from the main bar area, can understand how some people must have felt to do that

terry hunt

That's a very good point Mark, how much of the booing was against the officials, I have never, and would never boo the team, but that's just me.
I agree the problem with booing is it is aimed at the whole team and not the underperforming ones.
Of course that assumes we are knowledgable enough to tell who is playing their best or not.

I think anyone who has a problem with fans booing is one of the happy clap brigade who wouldn't dare criticise one of our little gems. I choose to ignore those posts because they're not reasonable thoughts from logical people. People need to get real! Fans pay good hard earned money to watch this team, and if they are unhappy with the on ice product, then they are more than welcome to let the players know of their displeasure. The players ride the highs and the lows as a team.

Slightly weird analogy, but if you paid your hard earned cash to send your child to private school, and he/she came home one day and said, "well, the teacher taught me 6 new things, then started playing on his/her phone and ignoring the class so I forgot them all and started getting confused with other things I've learnt" you're telling me that you would still be happy paying for that tuition because the teacher effectively tried a bit before giving up and he/she probably feels bad about the child not learning?

I know we won't do anything because we don't gas players, but this team isn't right! In an ideal world we would need a good 3 changes! Maybe even a shake up of sorts in the coaching department, just something.