Dundee Stars v Cardiff Devils - Wed 14 Nov 2017 - League - FO 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

Thought it was a really good combative performance by Dundee, considering they are almost as short benched as Edinburgh, but the difference in compete was night and day.

For the Devils, i thought that the second half of the second and third periods we looked very strong but couldn't find a way past Fullerton, I did think we could have upped the physicality a bit.

i didn't see Batch in the second or third periods, so i'm hoping he hasn't picked up a knock as he looked good in the first.

Hmm, considering that was our 3rd game in five days, I thought we did pretty well.

This wasn't a performance where there was a lack of effort, more I think a lack of sharpness.
I don't think we will have many games where we get 1 goal from almost 40 shots.

Respect should be given to Dundee, they had a good game plan and executed well.

Now the important factor is how we react in the next game, last seasons devils seemed to snap back almost instantly (after a loss), this season devils have lost 2 in a row several times already.

The results (and performances) of the previous 6 games have been title defending behaviour, we have to maintain this as best we can.

edit:

Last edited:
This is what they call a " sucker "game . A tough game after an easy game . Still no excuse but it happens to many teams especially when the game is 2-3 days after the last one and it's a long travel day. Had this game been played on a Sat or Sun we may have seen a different result but it's all hypothetical. If you only lose 1 game in 7 as the Devils have , that's very solid and if/when they get 2 more wins this weekend that would be 1 loss in 9. Any coach in any league would take that.

BostonBart22

This is what they call a " sucker "game . A tough game after an easy game . Still no excuse but it happens to many teams especially when the game is 2-3 days after the last one and it's a long travel day. Had this game been played on a Sat or Sun we may have seen a different result but it's all hypothetical. If you only lose 1 game in 7 as the Devils have , that's very solid and if/when they get 2 more wins this weekend that would be 1 loss in 9. Any coach in any league would take that.
when you say long travel day, didnt they fly ?

The measure of this loss is the standing position within the competition table. I agree 1 in 7 is a good record, it’s diminished if those wins are against teams lower in the league table. To gain momentum and ultimately position, we need wins to be consistent against the tough competitive teams above us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The measure of this loss is the standing position within the competition table. I agree 1 in 7 is a good record, it’s diminished if those wins are against teams lower in the league table. To gain momentum and ultimately position, we need wins to be consistent against the tough competitive teams above us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And during our 6 game winning streak, 3 of our games were exactly that when we beat belfast, sheffield and nottingham.
I class them as 4 point games, two for us, two away from them.

Ocko

when you say long travel day, didnt they fly ?
They did. However the journey isn't actually a great deal better. Fife is still almost 2 hours from Glasgow Airport in a coach, plus the flight an hour and a half, messing around at the airport an hour either side. So it's a minimum 5 and a half hours in reality. Not ideal before a game. And that's with good flight times. Flights are in the morning normally to Glasgow from Cardiff so an early ish start and hanging around all day.

Clearly this isn't the end of the world but it does to make a difference.

Slartibartfast

Im not worried about this loss. Looking at the highlights and SOG it looks like we dominated the game but just couldn't beat an in form goalie. Our lines are clicking, everyone is working hard so Im sure we will be back to winning form this weekend.

Wannabe2

Big weekend this weekend, Flyers are flying at the moment, and Panthers away is one huge game, great Shame there is no webcast. A 4 point weekend would be something else. Panthers are looking very strong.