Fan Council Updates

pjj365

Like I have always said us Devils fans moan about bloody everything..
Have you seen what we have put up with the last ten years?? And your moaning about this..... wow!!
This is not a moan but an issue relating to the legalities of running a licensed premises

Whilst I am all for sorting "internally" IAW is at risk of losing its licence if it is not fixed. These things do not stay in-house for ever however much people try or want it to

Ocko

I couldn't give a monkey's about the pricing etc. But I get that some people do and appreciate their stand on it. We are now in year 3 in IAW and issues that should have been addressed in year 1 are still evident. Patience does eventually wear thin. I wouldn't report anything but get why people would.

pjj365

It is not so much the actual pricing but the consistency of pricing and the legal obligation to display - in a prominent position - the price list.

As to where we are after 3 years I guess that (sadly and given the range of issues impacting different people differently) there is no consistent approach to achieve any sort of change. Assuming IAW has to money and/or the will to make improvements

drainage

The law is the law, Greenbank have been made aware of the ommission..

you cannot stop disgruntled customers (who maybe police officers, council officials etc etc) from contacting trading standards. If they can't get those basics right what else is not being correctly done...(food safety especially)

I doubt Glynne, that you would not report someone you knew who was driving with no insurance or committing benefit fraud?
There is a difference here pointing out you should have bar prices up - much more likely you will get a favourable response. Asking an insurance dodger or benefit cheat to stop ? More likely you will get 2 fingers and a choice reply! I don’t think Glynne was advocating breaking the law simply deal with in house , for me if I wasn’t being charged the same price for the same order I would ask there and then why. I have been charged the same price for the same drinks since IAW opened by the way

davew

There is a difference here pointing out you should have bar prices up - much more likely you will get a favourable response. Asking an insurance dodger or benefit cheat to stop ? More likely you will get 2 fingers and a choice reply! I don’t think Glynne was advocating breaking the law simply deal with in house , for me if I wasn’t being charged the same price for the same order I would ask there and then why. I have been charged the same price for the same drinks since IAW opened by the way
It is not just about prices though!

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
The law on this was changed a few years ago with the introduction of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. This resulted in the repeal of the Price Marking (Food and Drink Services) Order, which specifically covered price lists and their display.

There is now a general obligation to give sufficient information to customers at the point of sale, so that they are not misled on prices. Providing the nature of spirits in a manner which is unclear or failing to provide the price in a timely fashion before a transactional decision is made may amount to a misleading omission.

If customers are not informed about prices prior to placing an order they may have the right to refuse to accept and pay for drinks (for example where they have purchased a some drinks and the price charged is excessively more than the customer would reasonably expect to have to pay).

Menus and price lists must include all material information required by an average consumer to make an informed choice, which may include the following:

• accurate description of the name, brand of the drink including alcoholic strengths where appropriate
  • prices, inclusive of VAT. It must also be made clear if you have a compulsory service charge, a cover charge or a minimum charge per customer.
Where you have beer pumps and 'optic' stands you should ensure the advertising signs attached to these accurately indicate the brand of drink being dispensed.

How or where you display the information required above is not prescribed but it should be clear and easily readable by the average consumer. The best way to ensure that customers are given the required information is by the use of detailed menus or clearly displayed price list, so there is sufficient information to enable a consumer to make an informed decision before they are committed to a purchase.

Bars should show the price list at the bar where orders are taken. In cafes and restaurants, the prices can be marked in menus or price lists. So customers are informed from the outset prices could be displayed in your window or entrance to your premises.

To fail to show all or part of the information necessary, or to provide misleading information, may be regarded as an unfair trading practice and constitute an offence.

The old social club style of bar is no longer the norm, the days of locals spending as much time in a bar as at home, drinking the same brand their grandfathers did are well gone. An old sign on the back wall is no longer acceptable. EPOS eliminates any discrepancies, optimises efficiencies, stock control etc etc, but costs money and that’s been mentioned many times on various IAW issues. It’s another consequence to add to a long list of issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

The old social club style of bar is no longer the norm, the days of locals spending as much time in a bar as at home, drinking the same brand their grandfathers did are well gone. An old sign on the back wall is no longer acceptable. EPOS eliminates any discrepancies, optimises efficiencies, stock control etc etc, but costs money and that’s been mentioned many times on various IAW issues. It’s another consequence to add to a long list of issues.

Agreed but prices still Adecco be displayed

Sheincar

The law is the law, Greenbank have been made aware of the ommission..

you cannot stop disgruntled customers (who maybe police officers, council officials etc etc) from contacting trading standards. If they can't get those basics right what else is not being correctly done...(food safety especially)

I doubt Glynne, that you would not report someone you knew who was driving with no insurance or committing benefit fraud?
If IAW don't want to display prices, then take down the boards over each of the bars as these are currently blank; there's no point in putting up blank price lists!

Sheincar

As I've said, I have pointed it out to Adam Porter some time ago. I've bought drinks from bar by away fans & been charged different amounts. Not really in a position to argue as prices not displayed. My solution was to stop spending my money there.

All they have to do is purchase some pump and optic clips from EBay, around a tenner for a pack os 20. Stick a blank piece to it, there around 10 for a fiver, then clip to each pump and optic, simples.

Wannabe2

All they have to do is purchase some pump and optic clips from EBay, around a tenner for a pack os 20. Stick a blank piece to it, there around 10 for a fiver, then clip to each pump and optic, simples.

Any chance of giving this a break, its like a bloody old record, on and on and on, you on a mission or what. Watch the bloody webcast if you are interested in the Devils. This really is getting big time bloody boring now, good job we ain't playing crap otherwise you would be bloody suicidal by now. If you are a old fart like me then get a grip, if you are a youngster then get a life. It's being dealt with.

Any chance of giving this a break, its like a bloody old record, on and on and on, you on a mission or what. Watch the bloody webcast if you are interested in the Devils. This really is getting big time bloody boring now, good job we ain't playing crap otherwise you would be bloody suicidal by now. If you are a old fart like me then get a grip, if you are a youngster then get a life. It's being dealt with.
I bought CJ Samson’s book Dominion, read around 10 pages, couldn’t get into it, bored me. You know rather than berate the author, l simply chose to read something else.

But you keep posting on here, that's the difference. maybe you are related to C J Samson
As do you, as do others, l fail to understand your issue. Simply read the post times, l contribute after other’s have written, not before, l respond, not instigate.