Cardiff Devils v Edinburgh Capitals - Sun 12 Nov 2017 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Hopefully another SELL OUT - how things have changed in 2 years

Get along to the game and support the DEVILS as they mount their League Title challenge

If for whatever reason you cannot make to ICE ARENA WALES join us at MNL for our unique 'ridiculously childish' and 'disgustingly biased' game coverage at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If anyone has succeeded in locating the elusive mobile signal please send us updates to matchnightlive@gmail.com along with score predictions and printable comments.

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv :)

JC23

Anyone else feel that Murdy might start this game to give Bownsy a rest?

Has Murdy started any games this season yet??

RedDevil17

Anyone else feel that Murdy might start this game to give Bownsy a rest?

Has Murdy started any games this season yet??
I’d like to see Murdy start this game too, Caps aren’t the greatest are they and their goalie is no Pekka Rinne that’s for sure! There’s a reason they’re bottom...their best players are Banashkov, Cazzola,Valeyev, Vorobyev and Tvrdon and that’s it pretty much! Our team is more than capable of battering theirs.

Last edited:

JC23

I’d like to see Murdy start this game too, Caps aren’t the greatest are they and their goalie is no Pekka Rinne that’s for sure! There’s a reason they’re bottom...they’re best players are Banashkov, Cazzola,Valeyev, Vorobyev and Tvrdon and that’s it pretty much! Our team is more than capable of battering theirs.
I’ll be honest, I haven’t followed much of what the Caps are doing so far this year. But, they are plagued with injuries right now, and have lost 3 players.

Dire times I’d say. So much so, that even CapsBanterArmy/Bobjan has expressed his lack of desire to watch the club.

Get a few goals then bring in Murdy at maybe half way point or start of the 3rd. Don't want to risk being complacent, they have some firepower.

JC23

Murdy is more than capable of playing against any team in this league. 100% he should start this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree entirely.

Murdy has won us games against much better teams than Edinburgh in the past. It’s about time he got some starter time other than just being injury cover I’d say.

Really not looking forward to this game, do Edinburgh have enough players for even 2 lines, Guildford put 7 past them last night, could be a real borefest, 2 more points towards the league though I suppose

I don’t believe it’s worth stating good luck Devils, let’s be honest, if we dressed 10 random fans we’d get double figures past them. The points we lost a few weeks back need to be regained, taking advantage of opportunities as they present themselves, we need these points at the end of the season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Both teams are professionals. Devils' Organisation and Team will afford the Capitals some respect whether they are able to ice 2, 3 or 4 lines. Wasn't so far in the past that the Devils had roster problems and were being regularly humiliated. So some of our players will more than understand those struggles.

It might be a bit presumptive to already have decided the outcome of this game. Dundee (in 11th place) beat the Storm in the last couple of weeks.....so anything is possible.

Hope our Guys continue to play well and in this entertaining style. The game is huge for confidence and momentum....especially for Tom who will probably be in goal. Good luck tonight.

Pondlife

Another great result albeit against a Caps bench of 16 I think.

I thought Crowder had a great game tonight. Benti is getting ridiculous ice time at the moment. Batch's goal was awesome.

Anyone know what's up with Louis? Didn't play and didn't see him in civvies on the bench.

matbur

Comfortable win, par for the course performance-wise considering last night's win. We could've scored ten in truth and perhaps a little guilty of over playing around the crease. A solid routine win.

Good to see Murdy get start, would like to see first goal again as my initial opinion was that he was a little slow coming out of the crease on the breakaway.

If we had anyone else other than Bowns as our starter, Murdy's starts would be doubled.

As for the Caps, their team look really low and short of players and quality right now which is sad to see. The league needs strong teams and the Caps look anything but that right now.

august04

Caps have two or three very good players but not enough bodies or quality in truth, which sadly seems to be the case every year. I think the time is over that the Scottish clubs dictate league/conference structure as they were rumoured to have done over the summer, by threatening to quit if they didn’t have their own conference. Unless the likes of Edinburgh (and to a lesser extent Dundee, although they a great win tonight), get their act together on a consistent basis, you have to question whether they should be in this league. It can’t be much fun getting thrashed most games, not much fun to watch it either.

Foxy

Anyone know what happened to Moore last night.?
Was told he was still in hospital in Belfast........
Really hope its nothing serious. Hes been outstanding so far.

Oh game tonight bit boring. Edinburgh need bodies and some better players/. Whether its just style of play the russians arnt used too i dont know but they're certainly not adapting.....

Let’s be honest tonight was hardly a difficult game, l haven’t seen last nights game, so how bad they played l can only read others comments, it’s pretty obvious Belfast have had a mare of a weekend. Not taking anything away from us, but there is no glory in hunting wounded prey, it’s not a weekend that would bring pages on pages of congratulations on here. We certainly need a few 4 point weekends, long may they continue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Leighton

Anyone know what happened to Moore last night.?
Was told he was still in hospital in Belfast........
Really hope its nothing serious. Hes been outstanding so far.

Oh game tonight bit boring. Edinburgh need bodies and some better players/. Whether its just style of play the russians arnt used too i dont know but they're certainly not adapting.....
Moore was up on the gantry.

ASHIPP

Must be demotivating for the Capitals' players to be struggling every game with a shortbench. A couple of young Candian players and a Russian have moved on to other leagues. Can the Capitals replace them or are they going to continue struggling until the end of the season. Got to feel for them.

For Devils, just what the doctor ordered - 2 more essential points, a chance to notch up their 'goals for' and a big momentum boost going in to another difficult week next week.

Great job, Devils.