Belfast Giants v Cardiff Devils - Sat 11 Nov 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Lets repeat our success of last season at the "O"

Revenge for recent defeat at the hand of the Giants will be so sweet

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you are making the trip across the Irish Sea texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Thread starter #2
With no texters lined up so far MNL coverage is in doubt, if you or know of someone who can help us out please PM me (OJ)

Recently form has been building up, there shouldn’t be any reason we can’t compete, it’ll be close, expecting a win is not unreasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slartibartfast

Clinical performance from the Devils. Could have been a higher scoreline if it wasn't for some amazing saves from Jackson Whistle. Bownsy deserved his MOM at the other end.
Unfortunately Belfast TVs production team didn't have such a great performance. The camera man obviously hasn't watched hockey before. No idea where the puck was. The audio volume was all over the place. The commentating is biased and they managed to miss the 2nd Devils goal. Send the Ice Time team to give them some training.

Outsider

Not what I would call " clinical " but a win is a win. Good solid first period but the last 2 were average at best. Still nice to get the win especially in Belfast were wins are tough to get . Take the 2 points and run

ASHIPP

Two points from one of the toughest places to get a result....I'd say we should be overjoyed.

All those seasons the Devils used to go there and be humiliated. After losing to the Giants at our gaff a few weeks ago in a game they should have won, the Devils were particularly fired up for this one.

An excellent two points, a solid and hardworking performance. Outstanding from Bownsey. Great result.

Devils should be motivated finding some form....just need to quietly and methodically keep producing this standard under the radar.

Wannabe2

Clinical performance from the Devils. Could have been a higher scoreline if it wasn't for some amazing saves from Jackson Whistle. Bownsy deserved his MOM at the other end.
Unfortunately Belfast TVs production team didn't have such a great performance. The camera man obviously hasn't watched hockey before. No idea where the puck was. The audio volume was all over the place. The commentating is biased and they managed to miss the 2nd Devils goal. Send the Ice Time team to give them some training.
Belfast webcast is complete dire, the cameraman must have one eye, one arm, and has to be off his face, one of the worst in the league.

jenks33

Belfast webcast is complete dire, the cameraman must have one eye, one arm, and has to be off his face, one of the worst in the league.
The Webcast was poor tonight. Not sure if it was just me but I missed Fournier’s goal, just saw him celebrating. The camera work was dodgy all night. Unusual for Belfast as it’s usually fine.
Very good win tonight. I thought we were unlucky to only be one goal up after the first period. With the chances we created we could have easily scored three goals in the opening ten minutes. Second and third weren’t quite as impressive but I always expected the giants to come back into it. We always looked dangerous on the break though and Whistle had to be at his best all night. A few headaches for Lordo when everybody is fit, a good problem to have.

BostonBart22

Very good win in their barn, puts us in good confidence when we play the double header over there. did notice that mark louis and haddad were scratches through injury i presume, does anyone know if asselin played...

Yes Asselin was playing.
Did anyone see who went limping off? The commentators mentioned it but we had no visibility of the incident from the streaming. He mentioned 23 (Asselin) but said Moore, I saw asselin playing after this but not Moore - but wasn’t sure if Moore even started,

matbur

Didn't watch the game but followed on MNL (thanks for updates). Sounded like a really impressive and efficient win with the bonus of a shutout.

We're on a really impressive streak right now and it's difficult to see that ending against Edinburgh tonight.

Wannabe2

Very very clinical performance last night, everyone had a blinder, when the Devils perform like this they are a pure joy to watch. Bowns again stood on his head. Some of the moves last night, like the passing between Fournier and Myers were poetry in motion. Not many teams will take maximum points from Belfast, and even fewer will shut them out at home. Well played lads let's now stay in the habit of winning, as it sure feels good. Maximum crowds at home, a product well worth the entry money, and the best night out in Cardiff makes being a Devils fan a real delight. So thanks guys, everyone of you.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Gough60

What a fantastic road result yesterday. Well done devils.
Only 17 posts on this tread (prior to this) for a class performance on the road against a team that were on
a 7 game winning streak. Well played down devils fans. Tysons pass and Faryna's goal was something else.
I was also disappointed by the usually high standard web cast from Belfast. The cameraman I think was either Stevie
Wounder or Roy Orbison & the commentary a kin to the late Ian Paisley. We also missed the 2nd goal so prob all
down to Giants TV.
Great Great win.

Great win last night and a message to Belfast that normal service has been resumed!
Let’s take another two points tonight with an even more comprehensive display.