BATCH

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
I notice that the incident with josh and no balls ( noble ) was not on the highlights , so i assume its up for DOPS. as a requested review by coventry They did show the lord incident with robinson but as it was a check to the head that is an automatic review , what do others think on this, hoping its not a ban for josh as fitzy will have a field day on saturday unless louis steps up...

Kal

i really don't get why something cant be reviewed if it was shown in highlights etc or the holding back incidents up for review from the highlights. To me that screams someone has something to hide, like they want to control what the wider fan base see of the incident.

Or old DOPS have been known to cave under fan pressure so want the decision made before the wider fan base gets on the hate train.

Hopefully if it has been requested the PSC and our friend from across the pond will see that noble is as much to blame as Batchy and it'll remain as it is. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several requests from the Blaze, Danny Stewart clearly isn't very sportsmanlike and feels very hard done by.

ASHIPP

If automatic reviews and requested reviews are still under the jurisdiction of an independent, experienced DOPs, I doubt any player is going to 'have a field day' against an opposing team.....and get away with it.

Wannabe2

I notice that the incident with josh and no balls ( noble ) was not on the highlights , so i assume its up for DOPS. as a requested review by coventry They did show the lord incident with robinson but as it was a check to the head that is an automatic review , what do others think on this, hoping its not a ban for josh as fitzy will have a field day on saturday unless louis steps up...
Are you forgetting Strachan.

Finny

I'm not sure there will be much to show on the video.

From what I saw at the time, whilst both players were on the ice Noble punched Batch. Batch responded with several punches of his own and didn't stop until the linesmen came in.

It could be increased to a match for excessive roughness, but the video won't show anything extra that Hicks didn't see at the time. And he felt 5+Game was enough due to Noble starting it.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #9
I'm not sure there will be much to show on the video.

From what I saw at the time, whilst both players were on the ice Noble punched Batch. Batch responded with several punches of his own and didn't stop until the linesmen came in.

It could be increased to a match for excessive roughness, but the video won't show anything extra that Hicks didn't see at the time. And he felt 5+Game was enough due to Noble starting it.
yes i thought that excessive roughing may be called on Batch.. hate to say it but a MATCH for BATCH..

Temme

I actually think he'll avoid the excessive roughness call because he managed to keep his gloves on.
5+game for roughing was spot on from Hicks.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #12
PHEW !!! perhaps blaze couldnt afford to pay for the review... can anyone from icetime explain the fracas between batch and noble wasnt on the highlights...

Wannabe2

Why? what is the benefit of getting Noble banned to the Devils, Blaze are hardly likely to trouble us or our championship aspirations. Far better to let him play on and be a total tool to our rivals as well
No benefit whatsoever, let's not end up like that lot up the M1. When we start whinging like school kids, it's time to knock it on the head.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #19
Why? what is the benefit of getting Noble banned to the Devils, Blaze are hardly likely to trouble us or our championship aspirations. Far better to let him play on and be a total tool to our rivals as well
If as you say noble had his fingers in batchs eyes then thats classed as eye gouging which is the lowest of the lows in sport, if it were rugby you can bet on a 6 to 8 week ban at least...