Parking this weekend?

Chaos with pool users parked every where. They have even blocked up access to the bbt site. Good luck finding a spot today.
If they’ve blocked access to the BBT site, Devils management need to be informed so that the pool can get the a**holes to move their vehicles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leighton

Some poor soul got their car broken into tonight on the old bbt site. As we were leaving could see iaw staff running around and what looked like an x5 with a hole in the passenger window.

Sad times.

august04

This Morrison’s problem is a pain in the neck on Saturday nights. If nothing changes for next year, I hope the Devils can arrange more Sunday night home games, as parking for Saturday night games has become a nightmare.

We picked in the car park opposite harvester that has been made available to devil's fans. It was probably 3/4s empty I'd say. It's much easier then parking over by the rink.

We parked in the car park by Harvester too. It is so much better than trying to get into the rink car park or swimming pool car park. Walk to the rink was much less than we thought and at the end of the game you can drive out easily - not like the 30 minute delay in the swimming pool car park. Will certainly use this car park in future.

Finny

Because I get to the rink so early parking hasn't been so much of an issue for me, but as soon as I got to the swimming pool yesterday I could see it was chaos.

So I decided to give the new council car park opposite Harvester a go. Absolutely brilliant.
Clearly signposted, lots of spaces, a much shorter walk than I thought it would be AND it has visible security.

And unlike the chaos of leaving the IAW car park I was out quickly and back home the earliest all season.
It looks like our Sat night parking issues could be finally sorted. Well done to Katrina and Todd for sorting this out.

youngbob

Been parking by Oystercatcher every Saturday, could be a bit of a walk for some, but plenty of space on the road and the car park down Marconi Avenue

Kal

I've used the car park opposite harvester twice now and idk if its just the under use but its been a great experience. We're even considering going down a bit earlier and having food in harvester first in future.

I noticed people are still parking just about anywhere they can around the rink though (morrisons/pavements etc), are they not aware of the new parking facilities or just not able/prepared to make the walk?

dave

Used the one by harvester last night for first time instead of iaw.. Easy to get in and easy to get out and security manned. Walk over was quick. Definitely using it again as long as it's available...

This Morrison’s problem is a pain in the neck on Saturday nights. If nothing changes for next year, I hope the Devils can arrange more Sunday night home games, as parking for Saturday night games has become a nightmare.

I feel the same. Probably no season ticket for me next year if parking is not sorted. I arrived last night 2 hours before the game and no spaces due to swimming gala. Complete nightmare

ASHIPP

I feel the same. Probably no season ticket for me next year if parking is not sorted. I arrived last night 2 hours before the game and no spaces due to swimming gala. Complete nightmare
It is primarily a carpark for swimming pool patrons...they have a right to use it! You would expect them to use it when a gala or competition is on.

Although I dropped my Father off at 4.30 in that area last night (then going up to the temporary carpark) and there were plenty of fans walking up from the pool carpark area. Can only assume from that there must have been spaces there at that time.

Devils' fans have no Godgiven right to park in Morrisons for a long period of time either. Thankfully, they are still allowing that to happen on Sundays.....a goodwill gesture.

Luckily the Cardiff Devils HAVE secured a temporary solution. The carpark by the Harvester is more than adequate for the needs of most fans travelling by car. Think fans would have real cause to be frustrated if there were no options at all.....but there are.

Last edited:

pjj365

We use the pool car park so fair enough they use ours

And that is what the area behind the BBT is - it is marked IAW on the road. It would have helped if the entrance to BBT was marked "keep clear" so it could have been opened when needed - instead of Todd having to chase IAW to sort it.

Over the years we have coped when swimming events have been on, on the basis that few people seem to stay for the whole event - we "hover" and get a space

Having said that all systems go for trying out the new car park

Hedd Wyn John

Because I get to the rink so early parking hasn't been so much of an issue for me, but as soon as I got to the swimming pool yesterday I could see it was chaos.

So I decided to give the new council car park opposite Harvester a go. Absolutely brilliant.
Clearly signposted, lots of spaces, a much shorter walk than I thought it would be AND it has visible security.

And unlike the chaos of leaving the IAW car park I was out quickly and back home the earliest all season.
It looks like our Sat night parking issues could be finally sorted. Well done to Katrina and Todd for sorting this out.
Keep it on the down low, otherwise every man& his dog will pile in there

Missed a few games recently due to work etc but the Parking issue is a nightmare. I love travelling to the games but as it is getting worse each week (and will do as the weather changes) I'm more likely to purchase the game on IceTime.TV which is a shame. I only live 20 mins away but getting to a game 3/4 hours before is not on at all. In the future I'll be parking in the Council owned one.

drainage

Surely as fans it’s to us to research and park where the Devils advocate ? The swimming pool car park is exactly that ....do they use ours yes but we also use theirs when there is no gala. It seems the one by Harvester is 1 available 2 more secure than IAW 3 hardly a huge trek to rink ....parking will not stop me getting a ST

The organisation has listened to fan complaints and found a solution, the very least people could do is use that solution. I would advocate not spreading information concerning this facility is detrimental to its future availability, as what is the point of having it available if it’s not being optimised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk