Colton Fretter

You never know, the original decision may be upheld. (Possibly the biggest miscarriage of justice since Dr Richard Kimble).After all, who is to say that the ‘independant’ body is not the Danish Metal Ligaen, overseen by Hicks, or my own personal favourite, Tony Smith has asked Thommo and Gerry to contact a few of their mates in Sweden to sit in judgement!
Tongue placed firmly in cheek here I may add but I do love a good conspiracy theory!!

Last edited:

osh

If the decision is changed to ban him for more games ( personally I believe anything from 6 to 8 should occur ) I sincerely hope that Kirkham is taken to task as to his original decision to ban for one game only. No penalty was called on the hit to Fretter before he retaliated in such a way, and whilst I’m sure a penalty should have been called, Fretter’s response was totally unacceptable. He is banned anyway tonight so I wonder when a decision will be announced.

James

Administrator
If the decision is changed to ban him for more games ( personally I believe anything from 6 to 8 should occur ) I sincerely hope that Kirkham is taken to task as to his original decision to ban for one game only.
Absolutely, providing there wasn't any pressure from team owners to lower it. If it was his own decision taken in isolation it was a very poor decision and he should get slapped. If however he had someone shouting down the phone at him that he cant ban their precious little flower then it would depend on what backup he felt he'd get from the rest of the league if he went ahead. (Its only conjecture based on whats happened before I should add, I've got. no idea in this case)

Verdict on Eihl website

Based on this independent review, the EIHL have taken the following action:

Colton Fretter (Sheffield Steelers) - Suspension is now 6 games instead of 1 game.

Spiro Goulakos (Belfast Giants) - Suspension is now 2 games instead of 3 games.

Penalty for 5+ Game for Checking from behind is removed from his record.

osh

Justice seems to have been done. Just what the hell Kirkham was thinking about in the first instance is beyond comprehension and I’m pleased he has been has been removed from his DOPS position, he should be ashamed of himself.

BostonBart22

Justice seems to have been done. Just what the hell Kirkham was thinking about in the first instance is beyond comprehension and I’m pleased he has been has been removed from his DOPS position, he should be ashamed of himself.
He was shite at reffing as well as dops, bring back Boniface...

Wannabe2

You would have to be a dope. Or at least on dope to have given that clown, that position in the first place. As already has been said, he was a crap ref, so how was he supposed to be better at this job. One dope not calling things n the first place, and then another dope defending him and adding to the chaos.

ASHIPP

How's the Fat estate agent taken it?
I don't do twatter. He must be spouting about this.
The idiot rarely says anything when he knows he can't successfully defend the indefencible. Particularly when current and former players are airing concerns in public about the commitment to player safety in this league.

He will simply wait until one of the Steelers' rivals commits a misdemeanor and go to town on that.