Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 21 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

ASHIPP

V
You can’t win the league in October but you can lose it and we're making it very difficult for ourselves. If we don’t get out of this slump quickly, it could almost be over for us in a few weeks time. To get back in contention, we're going to need to go on a run of wins. That looks a million miles away right now. And I’m not deluded.
Agree with Ocko too, Batch and Moore should be playing way more than they are at the moment, especially when the effort/effectiveness levels of others are so questionable.
Said it weeks ago that Matthew, Craig and Josh have been playing very well. The young guys are doing a fantastic job on an energy line to create some spark, some space and chipping in with points. Deserve far more ice-time than they seem to get.

And Matthew, one of our most experienced players leads by example, controlling play on his shift and being vocal. What more does he need to do to show he is has earned the Captaincy....by a country mile.

If Lordo is going to need to make changes to get the team firing, these simple changes are surely worth a shot.

For any organisation success is achieved by all members within that organisation to give 100% all of the time, from the top down. Nobody goes to work to fail, utter rubbish, organisations are full of people who don’t achieve anything near their potential. The difference is how you manage people, either by removing them or working within their limitations or motivations. It’s pretty obvious the Devils preference is the latter. For that to work takes a great deal of management skill and respect, it can also take time and patience. As a simple outsider watching the game, our issues are several and goes beyond many of the repeated observations discussed concerning individual players on the Inferno and Twitter. How the team performs will be determined by how it’s managed in the next few weeks or months. Players do not become poor overnight, preseason the quality of signings was very much the top topic. You can ruin an individuals performance by mismanagement of one or more individuals and that can impact the team as a whole. Everything from the Peter Principle to inexperience down to mismanagement & pure laziness can be found in poor performing organisations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we can't win a game right now so how do you think we will win the league? by the time we find our feet Sheffield panthers and maybe storm will be 8 wins ahead of us..
We will need to win at least 10 in a row can u see that happening with this squad? Don't think so.
This is with the assumption that all those other teams 'in contention' will win 8/10/15 games in a row.. which they won't. They will take points off each other, we could take points off them.. there is SO MUCH hockey to be played this season and we are 100% still in contention to win trophies.

Gough60

OH NO we won a game, with a sound team performance. And squeelers & Storm lost last night.
Still seasons already over for us if you follow this thread.
Well done Devils Softly Softly catchy monkey.

ASHIPP

Devils made their own luck against Panthers by working hard and capitalising on chances. Carry on with last night's formula and get some consistency going. Won't have to worry what the other teams are doing. Just focus on Devils' performance, one game at a time.

People need to stop comparing to last year. We were a whisker away from winning all 4 trophies, I doubt we will do that again for many years and I don't expect any other side to come close to it either. We were spoilt last year, we didn't know how good we had it. As I have seen someone else post on twitter tonight, don't forget that this is what supporting a team is like most seasons, it's not always winning trophies.

Remember when Belfast won the league in about January a few years ago? From winning it so convincingly then, they haven't really come close to doing it again, maybe last year was the closest. You'd expect a club that was that strong to dominate for the next few years. But they didn't. It's very hard upgrading a team that had just won so much, and the new expectations of the fanbase doesn't help that either.

And I don't buy the nonsense of players not trying or playing with no heart. They will be more frustrated than anyone of us. They're professional hockey players, and their jobs might be on the line. Whether people think they're good enough for the reigning league champions is another thing, but not trying their best? No chance.
Finally a voice of sanity among all the keyboard warriors who sit on their backsides and think they can do better than players or coaches.

august04

Clown? It is people like you Simmsey was referring to some years ago when he wrote "forums are for the ilinformed advising the uniformed". Which category do you fit in to.
Yet you post on here! Which category do you fit in to also? Forums are not everyone’s cup of tea but everyone has a right to express an opinion whether you like that opinion or not. If you’d rather not read what’s said, there’s a block button. Or avoid the forum altogether.

Sorry what have I said that's wrong??
Attack me all u want I won't cry!! 16 years I been watching ice hockey and I'm very rarely wrong when I say team is under performing need changes etc as I have been proven right this year...

You take posts to serious please don't moan at everything everyone says on here because you won't last long ;)

Saturday night provided us justification to “Moan” or question. It was dire, as has several performances so far this year. One win does not guarantee a miraculous recovery, anymore than one loss spells disaster, so let’s all get some perspective. The guys did everything right last night, can this be continued, who knows, this year has mirrored previous yrs regarding early poor performance, poor bench decisions, fluctuating results and criticism. As the season progresses it’ll become more apparent which teams have made improvements, if those improvements do pan out and more teams are competitive then early poor results will bite, the luxury of building points up may have gone and may prove fatal. That is how you measure true Champions, they beating the best, not the worst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk