Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - Sun 22 Oct2017 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Lots of positives tonight hope we have all learned a valuable lesson we are stronger together, there is no need to call out players a true professional knows when things are not good enough. Some times as fans we can also let our team down.

Die trying - Cardiff Devils........

ASHIPP

The result tonight is big but the performance by the team even bigger.
This is important for THEM...not just the fans.

Andrew Lord beared his soul in that interview last night. The team responded with grit, guts and determination. Well played. Couldn't ask for more.

Now use that formula to build some consistency.

Last edited:

august04

The effort last night was pathetic and we got tanked and the team rightly called out by their coach. Tonight it was a complete turnaround and shows that even under strength, you can compete and win games in this league if the effort, desire and commitment are there. And it was there in spades tonight. This should be a given every game (not when they feel like it or have been read the riot act), as Steve King guaranteed last week. If the effort is there every game, you won’t find many fans complaining, win or lose. Well played tonight Devils.

Last edited:

Pondlife

It seems like we haven't seen piggsy on the ice in ages. Was great to see him play tonight and apart from the head knock he seemed to be going great guns.

Was our PK really good, or was their PP really terrible? They could barely gain the zone on the PP. huge performance from the guys tonight. Great fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Well that was one turn up for the books, in fairness I could have predicted the score, but the other way around, so what the hell do I know, not a lot obviously. How come the passengers that turned up last night, turned into the bloody cavalry tonight. Last night we were total zero,s, tonight total friggin heroe,s. Panthers were never in this game tonight. from the moment Luke Piggot laid that bone chilling hit, to lay the foundations for the rest of the night, the crowd got into it, the guys got into it, and the panthers were left floundering in the Devils wake. Whatever was said to our players between last night and tonight, worked a treat, whatever Mo was on, should be bottled and in Tesco,s tomorrow morning. The club, the fans, and the players needed that performance tonight big time, I would have been happy to lose tonight, but lose going down fighting and showing up, after all the Panthers are flying the flag big time, but to not only show up, but to blow them out of the water was a joy to behold. Thank you lads, you made one old time codger very happy tonight, and for that I thank you, this club is about passion, honesty, and bloody hard work, and we got it all tonight in bucketloads. Tonights result now must be the catalyst to catapult us into the mindset of just how good we can be when we play as one, and when we turn up, please believe me when you play like you did tonight, you are a pure joy to watch. That performance tonight against the steelers would have sent 5,500 fans home well pissed off. Thanks again lads, same again next weekend please, we are filling our gaff with fans who want to see you, yes you everyone of you, let's now go forward together, think we just may be back.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Foxy

Much much better performance....... I think Louis enjoyed himself a little tonight.

Well done Mo glad to see him back on the scoresheet. Strachan looks a solid signing. Can only get better once hes had a few training sessions with the team. I thought Fournier had a blinder tonight and if it wasnt for Mo he would have been my MOM.

Do hope the injuries arnt too serious though. Cant see how we can keep this going 4 key players out.

jimmy snels

Credit where its due the team worked their socks off tonight. Thats the effort level i expect from a devil. Piggotts first shift where he rocked brown set the tone. We hit all night and forechecked like crazy. We actually (finally!!!) Crashed the net with crowder in particular making a real nuisance of himself. Well done to morrisette on hattrick. He looked like a man playing for his position tonight imo and the justified criticism has clearly motivated him as we worked harder than id seen in a long while and got his rewards for it.
Like strachan on D, he seemed very composed. I liked louis as forward he brought a big body presence with batch.
Very happy tonight. Well done

Hedd Wyn John

Excellent performance tonight from the team. The Devils bossed the Panthers al over the ice tonight. Our passing was terrific & the hunger for the win from the team was palpable. This is a big turn around and goes to show the quality the team can deliver. Onwards & upwards!

bb1

Genius move by Lordo in putting Louis up as forward. That performance for me was one of the best by far considering the players we were missing.

Our lack of hard forechecking was rectified and boom....look what happened. Just like the Davos and Vajxo performances.

All the negative criticism toward the team and lack of intensity lately was correct and that performance tonight proved it. The players can show up and be the best when they try hard and finally a rocket up their arses shows again their capability. Attitude and determination is everything and tonight the guys had it. No excuses after that superb performance.

Hope the injured guys get healthy soon so we can push on to retain our titles.

kingmo19.1

Would the real Cardiff Devils .............................. Please stand up !!!!!

Great win tonight, but obviously a reaction to playing totally and utterly crap last night !!

The season seems to be going along the lines of ............. loss (bollocking), WIN, loss (bollocking), WIN and repeat ! Championship winning form ???

voth26

Im happy to eat a piece of humble pie after a Great performance tonight resulted in a great win, every player bought in but for me Batchy, Louis, Fournier, were exceptional. Good to see Crowder get his goal and Mo his hat-trick, Josh took his goal well. Really like the look of Strachan very composed on the puck, plays the game simple and does the basics very well. Hogarth was shocking again tonight missed blatant slashes, holding and interference calls, but called devils for 3 tripping pens in succession?? I sit in blk 5 You could hear him telling Phillips to stop slashing Moore but he carried on but Hogarth called nothing, he saw Savue slash Joey Martin on the back of the legs off the play again no call. Farmer really is a donkey, late hits all game he kicked off end 2nd but again nothing called, Hogarth is way out of his depth luckily nothing major kicked off other wise could of been a lot different!! Louis seemed to really enjoy his game to night, he put a perfect block check on shalla, laid well timed hits/checks was MOM

Well that was a lot more enjoyable than watching the sheffield game last night.

I thought we got the result (that we desperately needed) against the Blaze the other day, this was a performance as well as a result. We attacked in waves, we played a high risk high reward style when required, we blocked shots, battled hard and scored in bunches.

Reminded me somewhat of last season tbh.

Louis looked like he was having some fun at power forward, Great to see the guys congratulating mo on mom

Our powerplay still needs a little work though on moving the puck faster at times (struggling to think of bad things to say now:)

Oh and manchester and shefield lost in the league, so all in all not a bad night for us

terry hunt

Watching Batch and Louis as wingers last night was fantastic who needs Bordeleau.
Brilliant forechecking,Pope looking in charge on the ice,Strachan supercool.
I would have gone happy if we had lost after this performance.The team left everything on the ice and for a change us fans did some of the work.

pjj365

Todd was interesting at the Q&A last night being clear that management knew the problems and would act if necessary.

But he also made the point that is was probably more of a psychological than skills issue. He evidenced Joey Martin gripping his stick and said that he needs to score to open the flood gates. Step one complete. Step 2 Mo is back. Step 3 the guys looked happy and why not!

More to point Todd's comments suggests to me that naming and shaming players does not necessarily work. We, the fans, got it right last night and showed how a team of 3000+ players can deliver the goods.

Let's keep this up

Gough60

Onward and upward.
Great performance, great result with key players on injury list. If not for Mo's hatrick
MOM should have gone to Piggsy.
Now for the Blaze, and CC glory. Hope the name Noble is whisper'd constantly to Mr Strachen.

I love Piggsy on the ice. Gives 100%, hits everything he can reach, and puts his body on the line every shift. Love his energy. Should suit him up more often.

Really like Strachan. Calm, collected, smart, AND a tower! A great addition.

Also a shout out to Crowder and Reddick last night, who I thought both played fantastically.

And Mo - what to say. Is it a coincidence that a big guy like Strachan comes in and he scores a hat trick? Mustn’t forget that Mo was the top scorer on the team before he got injured last season - maybe he’s getting his scoring touch back!

Great game, great atmosphere. Same again next week please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome performance and with four of our better players out too. I too thought Piggott also deserved MOM but hattricks don't come along often and Mo has had his critics recently so was the right choice. This shows what sport is like sometimes playing rubbish and the playing great. Of course this is frustrating but the team need us to get behind them like last night. Fair enough people come on here to criticize performances and individual players but I can't believe some of the attitudes of some people where they say they won't bother to come and watch or newbies saying "let us know when they get better". I was fortunate that when I started watching it was the first superleague title but I've also come to games during awful seasons (does anyone remember finishing 7th out of 8 three seasons later?). Doesn't stop me coming just because they're having a bad time.