Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - Sun 22 Oct2017 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Let's chase those Cats out of our garden

Devils and Panthers fresh from their exploits in the CHL go head to head for 2 valuable league points at the IAW.

Get along to the game and give them your support, if that isn't possible then join me (OJ) for MNL unique biased coverage of the game.

Score predictiona as always to matchnightlive@gmail.com and like a broken record player another plea for texters. If you can help out text me on the MNL line 07527 625206

Wannabe2

One tough game against a team that are certainly on a roll, but if anyone can put a spanner in their works it's us. It will take our A game to take this one, but our A game would do it, let's get our gaff rocking on Sunday, and show our boys we really can be the extra man. We have had our say on being a bit cheesed off lately, now let's show our lads that at the end of the day, we really are there for everyone of them, there is a reason why Devils fans are the best in the land, we may be fickle at times, but that's because we care, because we are passionate, because we want the best, and at the end of the day we may be a emotional lot, but we really do want the best for the club, although we may show it in lots of different ways.So let's do this lads, we will back you to the hilt, just show us why it's right to do just that.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

Panthers won again tonight in the CC against Clan. Their players seem to be finding their good form on settled lines. 2 goals each from Sauve and Mosey, 1 from Shalla their top point scorer in CHL.
Mosey has scored 4 goals in last two games.

Looking forward to making my second trip to IAW, first since preseason
Has the parking situation been sorted since then? If so where can I park?

Panthers are certainly starting to find form going forward, defensively not so good however, think it’s going to be a tight close game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondlife

Earnie

If you find our topic Parking Tonight and go to last page(16) and find message by Mrs Wildthing , there will be a good description about our latest parking plot for 200 cars.

ASHIPP

That first line of Delago/Mosey/Philips has been on fire in recent games although their goals are coming from plenty of other players too. If Garnett is in goal, that will be tough.

Their fans think they will have an easy ride against Capitals tonight which will allow the team to focus totally on rhe Devils game.

Think our team know the task ahead - focus one game at a time. It worked well last year for the Devils. Come on Guys, you can do it.

Wannabe2

Come on you beauties, we will be there in force cheering you on, show us what you can do. Let's get the gaff rocking in the free world.

Ocko

That first line of Delago/Mosey/Philips has been on fire in recent games although their goals are coming from plenty of other players too. If Garnett is in goal, that will be tough.

Their fans think they will have an easy ride against Capitals tonight which will allow the team to focus totally on rhe Devils game.

Think our team know the task ahead - focus one game at a time. It worked well last year for the Devils. Come on Guys, you can do it.
Phillips hasn't registered a goal yet, Delago and Mosey are 3rd and 6th for scoring.

Forget that line, Perlini and Farmer are the ones tearing it up.

Not sure I think our fan base thinks it’ll be easy tonight, more hoping it’ll be easy
It’ll be one of the import netties I’m sure for this game Galbraith or Garnett, both have looked strong

Going to be a close one I require

Strachan looks a great addition, be intrigued to see him in action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devil94

If we're still two imports down, like it looks we will be, with a few ex players in town for the testimonial, any chance a couple could lace them up? Mac would sort the PP out..

terry hunt

Lordo's statement after last night must be devasting for him and the owners.
We need to get behind them tonight and if necessary forget the result and look for a good performance(as Steve Hansen used to say).
The most important game at the moment is the Blaze next week.
Missing 4 of our best last night was a big problem but i still think our luck was really out last night.
Isnt that usually the case in sports when you are up against it.
Tonight we are playing a CHL Q/F team so we need our CHL performance so good luck for them tonight.

pjj365

I like Terry Hunt's post

What I don't like is the calling out of individual players and to a lesser extent the emotional critiscm of the team. They need our support to raise their game - they know their level of performance

And so does Lordo. He will deliver the public criticism and/or praise when necessary - even if it is through his understated approach.

So let's accept this is sport as Terry points out. Yes some work needs to be done and we need players back (not sure but I get the impression we haven't had a full roster for a few weeks). But let's not usurp Lordo's role as critic, task master and motivator. Instead let's get behinds him and not undermine the team or individuals

It is counter productive. We have players queuing up to join us - so it is said. Some on here believe we need to gas and recruit. But would you come to the Devils knowing that the fans would flame you if you had one or two off nights - I wonder. We may have on "off" season but we also need to consider the future

It is too early to panic and given our games in hand in the league all is not lost. Let's accept what we've got and the position we're in and get behinds Lordo and the team