Sheffield Steelers v Cardiff Devils - Sat 21 Oct 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

I don't believe it's the money I believe lord has got his d corps wrong this season and would love hotham back...

To many players here are cruising because lord is there friend and they know he won't do nothing to them.
I have said it for ages now it's a joke..

Also I find players are more worried about Richie's testimonial this Tuesday than this weekends games.
Don't get me wrong it's a big thing for Richie but everyone is on twitter taking pictures and fuss arsening round about that than the real stuff...

It's embarrassing right now tbh

Song on coach coming back = things can only get better
I don't believe it's the money I believe lord has got his d corps wrong this season and would love hotham back...

To many players here are cruising because lord is there friend and they know he won't do nothing to them.
I have said it for ages now it's a joke..

Also I find players are more worried about Richie's testimonial this Tuesday than this weekends games.
Don't get me wrong it's a big thing for Richie but everyone is on twitter taking pictures and fuss arsening round about that than the real stuff...

It's embarrassing right now tbh

ASHIPP

Yet we’ve just brought in an ex NHL D man, who can’t be cheap. Scott Hotham was a key, yet underrated player for us last year. He should have been retained, end of.
Wasn't Scott considering retirement from full-time professional leagues for a couple of past seasons? Think he now plays near home in Canada for a part-time veteran league - the same league that Stuart Macrae plays in.

august04

Wan't Scott considering retirement from full-time professionl leagues for a couple of past seasons? Think he now plays near home in Canada for a part-time veteran league - the same league that Stuart Macrae plays in.
I thought I remember him saying he was going to retire, unless he stayed in Cardiff for another year (?) as he was done with moving from country to country. I’d really love to know whether it was his decision or not, I can’t recall a mention in the press as to why he didn’t come back this year. If anyone thinks that the 2 new D men we brought in this summer are an upgrade on S Hotham, well they’re living in cloud cuckoo land.

Johnnybravo1927

I thought I remember him saying he was going to retire, unless he stayed in Cardiff for another year (?) as he was done with moving from country to country. I’d really love to know whether it was his decision or not, I can’t recall a mention in the press as to why he didn’t come back this year. If anyone thinks that the 2 new D men we brought in this summer are an upgrade on S Hotham, well they’re living in cloud cuckoo land.
Scott Hotham nearly did return but he had trouble renting his house out and coulfnt afford to live over here if he didnt have it let. Nothing sinister and he enjoyed his time here

pjj365

Also seem to remember him saying he would prefer to stay in Canada if a suitable opportunity arose

Kal

we've lost 3 massively important defensive players this season in scott hotham, brine and culligan and they haven't been replaced. Ironically we seem to have gone too offensive but are struggling to create decent chances. Ulm's and Mo might be a bit too friendly with the coach, who in turn might be a bit wary of cutting friends after the hendo incident.

I hope the happy clappy brigade who wouldn't dare criticise this teams performance don't continue to make excuses for rubbish like tonight (what a waste of £10).

You know something is not right when Wannabe says so, and I totally agree with him. I can accept being beaten 4-0, but I can't accept going down without a fight. We didn't look very interested, and again no one was there to provide a spark. Everyone claims how we have leaders throughout the team, but again no one tried to make anything happen tonight.

Yes it's tough when you have players out, but that's no excuse to barely throw a hit all night and to just lie down and roll over.

It would be too harsh too judge Strachan on tonights performance, no one played well and he's barely had time to settle in just yet. In fact, to witness the new guy is the only reason I'm considering attending tomorrows match.

we've lost 3 massively important defensive players this season in scott hotham, brine and culligan and they haven't been replaced. Ironically we seem to have gone too offensive but are struggling to create decent chances. Ulm's and Mo might be a bit too friendly with the coach, who in turn might be a bit wary of cutting friends after the hendo incident.
Hendo incident?!?!? To my knowledge, lordo told hendo don't worry You're staying. Hendos misses signed a contract in a school. Then hendo is told he won't be a devil.

Or are you referring to the on ice incident of hendo jumping lord. In which case I doubt mo or ulms will trouble him too much

Devil94

People need to stop comparing to last year. We were a whisker away from winning all 4 trophies, I doubt we will do that again for many years and I don't expect any other side to come close to it either. We were spoilt last year, we didn't know how good we had it. As I have seen someone else post on twitter tonight, don't forget that this is what supporting a team is like most seasons, it's not always winning trophies.

Remember when Belfast won the league in about January a few years ago? From winning it so convincingly then, they haven't really come close to doing it again, maybe last year was the closest. You'd expect a club that was that strong to dominate for the next few years. But they didn't. It's very hard upgrading a team that had just won so much, and the new expectations of the fanbase doesn't help that either.

And I don't buy the nonsense of players not trying or playing with no heart. They will be more frustrated than anyone of us. They're professional hockey players, and their jobs might be on the line. Whether people think they're good enough for the reigning league champions is another thing, but not trying their best? No chance.

Last edited:

Kal

Hendo incident?!?!? To my knowledge, lordo told hendo don't worry You're staying. Hendos misses signed a contract in a school. Then hendo is told he won't be a devil.

Or are you referring to the on ice incident of hendo jumping lord. In which case I doubt mo or ulms will trouble him too much
I meant the whole thing. You cut a friend and then they're no longer friends might make you a bit wary of doing it again.